Earls Court Nail Exhibit/Recent Bombing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if the past weeks events with the terrorist attack on London, if it has made anyone reconsider their attendance to London's Earls Court in September for the Nail Exhibition? I was planning on going but things like this do feak me out ever so much & I think I'd worry so much I wouldn't enjoy the day. Only 3 weeks ago was I in Kings Cross at that very spot. It's easy for people to say life goes on & I believe that it does but I do think that this will effect a lot of travellers. Has anyone else been put off??

I will certainly be going. You can't let the events of last week interfere with your plans. I work in Central London and was in London Friday & Saturday. I am at work today at St Paul's. Yes, I was a bit apprehensive about travelling on public transport but everywhere in the world really is under threeat. If we let the terrorists win, we will forever be prisoners.

Well said Chris! We can not let those cowards win.
I will be going

Jane said:
I will be going

Me too!!!

I've just got back from my weekend away in London (for our 1st wedding anniversary) and we had a brilliant time, granted we didn't use the tube, but walked everywhere - but to me that was fine, at least that way we got to see more.

Everyone was getting on with things as normal, in fact you'd be hard pushed to notice anything had happend last week at all.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go again, if you let them effect you, then they've won haven't they and that ain't going to happen with me!!

Glad you had a good time Em and well done for going ahead with your trip!

NailNovice2 said:
Glad you had a good time Em and well done for going ahead with your trip!

Cheers mate.

I'd be lying if i said we didn't give it a second thought because we did, but our discussion went something like this.

Paul - "what do you reckon about the weekend - still want to go?"
Me - "Yep"

Lasted about 5 secs!!

I will be going.........:rolleyes: if my lovely brother can have me to stay as he's in London.I've booked my ticket anyway! ! :Grope:
Jane said:
I will be going

im still going, i was on a train on saturday and although i did think about it, i could leave the house today and have an accient so im going on with life,

also NO TERRORIST IS GOING TO KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE SHOW BARGAINS:D

I'm going BOTH days!! Let's face it I'm more likely to get run down by a bus than be the victim of a terrorist attack - doesn't stop me crossing the road though!

I am going too,

The IRA bombings in the eighties made me very nervous about going into London. so this is one of only a few trips into town since then for me, but I have booked my hotel and I will be going, I will not have to go on the underground though as we are getting a lift.

We were due to go to see Queen at Hyde Park on Friday, and the hotel we were going to stay in was the one the emergency services were using as the casualty clearance triage centre, and we would have been at that exact spot at the time of the bombs,,,,,but, fate took it's course, and through a series of events we didn't go.
However, bombs would not stop me doing what we had planned, it just means being more vigilant, and perhaps change your planned routes. I will be going to to London for the show, I will not have my life disrupted by these people.
Having said that, with extra security around at the moment, now is probably the safest time to go to London.

I will definately be at Earls court I certainly will not let these idiots make me live in fear and apprehension.

NailNovice2 said:
I will certainly be going. You can't let the events of last week interfere with your plans. I work in Central London and was in London Friday & Saturday. I am at work today at St Paul's. Yes, I was a bit apprehensive about travelling on public transport but everywhere in the world really is under threeat. If we let the terrorists win, we will forever be prisoners.

Ditto here Chris.................

My Salon is right in the Financial hub of the city........my neighbours are Mansion House, Bank of England, St. Pauls....... I have been there for 10 years ......and no one is gonna scare me off my patch lol....
Lets face it at the moment our City is the safest .. we have everybody on alert, nobody is slacking , public is vigilant, police at every street corner.......

Earls Court is in September, and yes I will be there xxxxx
This is a very personal thing for each and every one............... no good going if you are not going to enjoy it............ but give your self a little time, see how you feel nearer the time................

Ditto all the above comments ... I'll be there too.

NailNovice2 said:

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't live anywhere near London but if i did it certainly wouldn't stop me from doing what i want to do!

The bastards that did this will get their comeuppance i am sure, and i hope its painful when they do.

( :o apologies for swearing )

i will be there and im certaily not going to let anyone scarmunger me into changing my plans

business as usual as they say

I'll definately be there. Like many others, I have to catch the tube and pass through Kings X every day, and I work near Tavistock Square, but I can't allow myself to be phased by it, although it is very upsetting. This could have happened in any major city anywhere in the world. A couple of months after 9/11, I was in NYC for a week, and it never really bothered me, apart from the extra security at the airport (which I noticed the UK doesn't have on the same scale)! I guess the thing is, when you work in London, you have no choice but to stick two fingers up to the terrorists and get on with it.....

Damn right I'm still going!!!!!!!

Miss out on show bargins, catching up with fellow geeks, geegs book launch, getting wrecked on the sat nite(with fellow geeks!!!)? Not a piggin chance matey!:biggrin:

Debz xx

It did make me stop and think but as my husband said you cant let them stop you living your life. You could lock yourself away but what quality of life would that be? My friend said she will only go if she doesnt have to go on the underground but if you drive there could be a bus next to you with one in or in the car park. The risk is all around us.When your times up its up! You could get run over crossing the road. Life is for living!

Latest posts

Back