Easydry disposable towels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitality

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

I'm interested in Easydry disposable towels, they seem quite expensive to me. Does anyone here use them? If so what do your client's think? do you find they are cost effective? Do you think they are better than ordinary towels?

I'm not sure if they are better for bigger companies or suitable for a space renter like myself?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello geeks!

I'm interested in Easydry disposable towels, they seem quite expensive to me. Does anyone here uses them? If so what do your client's think? do you find they are cost effective? Do you think they are better than ordinary towels?

I'm not sure if they are better for bigger companies or suitable for a space renter like myself?

Thanks in advance!

I use them, and it saves me hours of washing etc. I like them as it is far more hygienic. Not sure how much I have saved, but I have gone from doing three loads of washing a week to one load. And as they are biodegradable they are much more eco friendly.

Thanks, can I ask do you own a salon or rent a station? x x

Thanks, can I ask do you own a salon or rent a station? x x

I own a salon. I dont use them for everything, I have ordinary towels on my couch covered with paper. I use them for manicures/pedicures and to cover clients when waxing. My clients like it because they dont want towels that have been used to cover other clients.

I ordered them over a year ago and still have loads left.

you need to work out the cost in time you speand on washing and the cost of electric and powder etc compared to the price of the towels.

Only downside for me was that the VAT was higher as the are in Ireland and i am not VAT registered.

My clients like it because they dont want towels that have been used to cover other clients.
Neither do mine! I wash my towels after each client.

Gosh they look expensive :eek: considering they are meant to be disposable! Wouldn't it cost less than £200 for 300 cotton bath towels that could be used again and not thrown away?

I got some testers of these last year as I loved the idea of less washing. I don't know what I expected but they were just like a large slightly thicker paper towel! Not nice or luxurious in my opinion.

I tried a sample pack after seeing them used at the loreal HQ. Gotta say I didnt like them.

For beauty I buy cheap towels from primark and replace them when they get marked or dingy. I doubt that it is cheaper to buy disposables than to launder.

I love them!! We have been using them for over a year and have a delivery once a month of the various sizes. They work out more expensive but we don't have the time to do the laundry and prefer them as the clients know they are brand new.

They are especially good for manicures and pedicure and waxings to cover the clients and the large bath sheets are good for covering the client in massages. They take a little while to get used to using but absorb well and are nice and soft. I prefer the black to the white.

I think if you can cope with your own washing it wouldn't be worthwhile from a financial perspective.

I love my EasyDry towels! I currently use their Bath towel as a table cover on top of a fitted sheet and towel, and I think it feels nice to lie on, and you get the added comfort of the towels underneather. I use the smaller size in my towel heater to give a hot towel to my clients at the end of a treatment.

I have certainly cut down my washing costs!!

I'm looking into getting there for the hair side of my business.

It will be more cost effective for me to have them than pay for laundry, even taking out the cost of buying "real" towels in the first place.

I have to say I didn't like the beauty ones. Hair towels are on at the back wash then back off again, and I found them very absorbant. I think we will continue using some of the "real" towels but most the disposible ones. x

Hello geeks!

I'm interested in Easydry disposable towels, they seem quite expensive to me. Does anyone here use them? If so what do your client's think? do you find they are cost effective? Do you think they are better than ordinary towels?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Vitality,

I've been using Easydry for over a year now and I love them. Before you switch you need to work out what you're currently paying for laundry. I did mine in the salon so it took me a bit of time to work out the costs accurately. Make sure you take into account electricity, water charges, detergent, the cost of buying and replacing cotton towels, machine breakdowns not to mention the cost of a washer and dryer in the first place.

I have saved a lot of money since I switched. And they have saved me space too since I was able to get rid of my machine and my pile of cotton towels.

Some customers had questions about the towels but they all loved them - especially when I explained that they were eco friendly and award winning!

We get ours from Simply UnTouched, they've not got the best looking website but we've found them to be the cheapest and great for delivery. All the major suppliers seem to be the same in terms of product, (probably all from the same factory), so it's a case of hunting around for the best price.

Simply UnTouched have a cost saving calculator (Factsheet - Savings), and I do agree with Angel Eyes - we only have 2 chairs and my friend who uses disposables towels is a mobile hairdresser and also swears by them.

They do take a bit of getting used to and are entirely different from cotton towels, but now we've dumped the washing machine the client feedback is great and many say they're kinder on hair than cotton towels. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back