EE Bridging a gap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Have a client booked in tomorrow morning, she has a gap in her lash line where she has pulled out some lashes :eek: I have a fair idea on trying to bridge a gap but if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, thank you

:hug::hug:

just bumping, as I too would be interested in finding out procedure for doing this...:)

Hi there

There are several methods of filling a gap, the most popular way would be to use 'tick' lashes or to use the bridging technique. I prefer the bridging technique as I find pre-prepared dual or triple lashes are usually too thick at the base for ladies that have gaps.

I would suggest investing in attending an advanced course that shows you how to do this.

Francesca

Trainer and Master Technician in Individual Eyelash Extensions
LASH by Francesca

just bumping, as I too would be interested in finding out procedure for doing this...:)

For you info Ruthlm, the way I am going to bridge the gap is by having a lash either side of the gap and with short lashes glue 2 horizontally in a cross then add my lashes vertically, kinda looking like this lxl (if you know what I mean). It will ofcourse mean the client will not be able to brush through this area but this is the only way I know of to bridge a noticable gap.

I was just wondering if any of the more experienced geeks were able to share their knowledge of doing this proceedure :).

Francesca,
Do you know how to do this? If so, would it not be in the spirit of this wonderful forum to share??????

Blinkin Gorgeous & Ruth
I've never tried this technique but I've seen it explained pretty much the way you did. Ie. put lashes at either side of the gap and then ""bridge" by placing lashes across the gap. Finish by putting lashes across the Bridge.
Sorry if that's a bit vague. Am sure I could have explained that better. I believe the "Y" lashes can be used to but again, have never actually tried it"

Francesca,
Do you know how to do this? If so, would it not be in the spirit of this wonderful forum to share??????

Blinkin Gorgeous & Ruth
I've never tried this technique but I've seen it explained pretty much the way you did. Ie. put lashes at either side of the gap and then ""bridge" by placing lashes across the gap. Finish by putting lashes across the Bridge.
Sorry if that's a bit vague. Am sure I could have explained that better. I believe the "Y" lashes can be used to but again, have never actually tried it"

Elliebee, thank you for that, was looking for a little help and clarification on what I "thought" was the best thing to do, I really apreciate your help and shared knowledge, its great to be able to share and compare when we need a little help or confidence boost, thank you again :hug::hug:

Ah right I see, so another ? sorry if this is a stupid one......when building your bridge, or X shape, do you double dip your lash in the glue, with a little on the very tip of the lash so that the lashes stay in place at both the base and tip of the lash, and then am I right in saying that as long as they were very thin so as not to put too much stress on the supporting lashes, you can put a lash that would be attached to the middle of the X.......my hubby has just askes " what on earth are you talking about " ha ha, hope you understand my ramblings lol xx

Ah right I see, so another ? sorry if this is a stupid one......when building your bridge, or X shape, do you double dip your lash in the glue, with a little on the very tip of the lash so that the lashes stay in place at both the base and tip of the lash, and then am I right in saying that as long as they were very thin so as not to put too much stress on the supporting lashes, you can put a lash that would be attached to the middle of the X.......my hubby has just askes " what on earth are you talking about " ha ha, hope you understand my ramblings lol xx

Dont worry, I think all our hubbys are thinking that :lol:. Iv never done it before but when I have frequented the American Sites they explain it that way, in theory Im going to use 9 length and .15 to cross the bridge and yes I recon I will either have to double dip or dip a longer length, in the absence of any more practical and experienced help I will just have to "wing it" and hope for the best, always being careful of the clients lashes and whats best for them of course :lol: I may even try to get 2 lashes on the X but I will just see how it goes at the time.

:hug::hug:

Francesca,

Its always great to read comments from other professional colleagues and I always do my best to offer advice where I can. Whilst recommending a certain product or peice of equipment is a matter of opinion and choice, I always get a bit concerned about offering specific advice on forums about techniques or specific methods.

I think there is always a danger in giving specific technical advice, as to do so presents certain problems for us all. It may be that a colleague misunderstands or misinterprets a peice of advice or technique, which in turn might lead to a client suffering an injury. I have always been very careful about my Personal Career Development and have sought to learn specific techniques through appropriate training. The other problem that arises is that in offering specific technical advice on a forum such as this I (we) may be invalidating my (our) indemnity insurance as the advice or technical expertise shared has not been in the context of professional training, which I am able to provide.

It's tricky one I know, and we all want to be able to pass on tips and hints where we can but I really do believe that specific techniques and methods is best left to appropriate professional training. Not only does that protect us as professionals but it helps us improve our skills and ensures the safety and well being of our clients.

Francesca
LASH by Francesca

Its always great to read comments from other professional colleagues and I always do my best to offer advice where I can. Whilst recommending a certain product or peice of equipment is a matter of opinion and choice, I always get a bit concerned about offering specific advice on forums about techniques or specific methods.

I think there is always a danger in giving specific technical advice, as to do so presents certain problems for us all. It may be that a colleague misunderstands or misinterprets a peice of advice or technique, which in turn might lead to a client suffering an injury. I have always been very careful about my Personal Career Development and have sought to learn specific techniques through appropriate training. The other problem that arises is that in offering specific technical advice on a forum such as this I (we) may be invalidating my (our) indemnity insurance as the advice or technical expertise shared has not been in the context of professional training, which I am able to provide.

It's tricky one I know, and we all want to be able to pass on tips and hints where we can but I really do believe that specific techniques and methods is best left to appropriate professional training. Not only does that protect us as professionals but it helps us improve our skills and ensures the safety and well being of our clients.

Francesca
LASH by Francesca

Thank you Francesca, where I can completely understand what you are saying, I do have to wonder why you answered the thread in the first place if you didnt feel you could give specific advice?

Ofcourse booking myself on an advanced course is definately an option I am only too keen to do, however, my client was today so I was just after some helpful hints.

I was "extremely" careful with my clients lashes and you will be pleased to know I didnt have to use any bridging techniques, so the clients lashes were in good professional hands.

...........the advice or technical expertise shared has not been in the context of professional training, which I am able to provide.

Thank you Francesca, where I can completely understand what you are saying, I do have to wonder why you answered the thread in the first place if you didnt feel you could give specific advice?

Was it just co-incidence that the response was to suggest you do further training by someone who is....................., a trainer.........................?

Glad it went well for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back