Eh? What's this - the fastest french !!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a load of rubbish to me, a template dipped in gel....I wouldn't pay for it!

i thought it looked quite good!!!

you dont really get a good enough picture to see the outcome properly. looked a bit like tipex schoolgirl nails to me, but i thought it was a clever idea in principle.

You going to adapt to that method in your salon?

yes!!
think of all the time id save!!!!

no really i thought it looked quite ingenious!!!!

like angel fingers said a bit school girlish but it has something

The person who made the vid was obviouisly a nail professional by the set up of the table and everything, the smile lines were straight across and I think I should go to bed cos I'm going to be on one tonight for the sake of the industry lol :hug:

Yeah but how does that work sanitation wise? I can see if you are using it only on yourself but I can't really see using that thing on multiple clients (you never really know who has what) I mean it seems a good idea though.

The smile line on the thumb looked bad! Bet up close that is a lumpy mess! :hug: All finger nails are different shapes and sizes so logically this shouldn't work.

The smile line on the thumb looked bad! Bet up close that is a lumpy mess! :hug: All finger nails are different shapes and sizes so logically this shouldn't work.

Yep I noticed this too nothing beats doing it properly imo

Well don't be too quick to critisize!!

I will just say PopIts!!

Look how many geeks had nothing good to say about PopIts when they first heard about them AND now look ... thouands adding them to their service menus!!!

As for sanitation!! Give me a break. :eek: Firstly polish itself is sanitary aqs microbes canot grow in it and the item is plastic so can be sprayed with a sanitiser after use. It is no more unsanitary than a polish brush. Just a different applicator.

Another clever idea in theory but the video is absolute pants and clearly done by someone who knows little about filming. Her working hand hid everything she was doing from us and the lighting was horrendously poor.

I'm always up for learning new tips and tricks.

Although this may not be 'perfect' at least it gets us thinking outside the box.

I'm amazed, sometimes, in a beauty/fashion industry-how so many people can be so quick to stomp new and innovative ideas at first glance. Isn't part of our trade in keeping up with the latest?

Makes a quote come to mind...
A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
- [SIZE=-1]Admiral Grace Murray Hopper[/SIZE]

Although this may not be 'perfect' at least it gets us thinking outside the box.

I'm amazed, sometimes, in a beauty/fashion industry-how so many people can be so quick to stomp new and innovative ideas at first glance. Isn't part of our trade in keeping up with the latest?

Makes a quote come to mind...
A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
- [SIZE=-1]Admiral Grace Murray Hopper[/SIZE]

I like it Saucygirl!

So many, nail techs in particular, are so frightened of anything at all that seems to make the job easier .. immediatly jumping to the conclusion that anyone will be able to do it because it is so easy. They think all these innovative things are a threat to their livlihood.

Do hairdressers freak because of people buying colours off the shelf in Woolies or the chemist?? Do they have a lack of clients because of this trend that has been going on for years and years??

The public who indulge in these things are NOT our clients or anything like our clients.

thinking outside the box is exactly what we need to do some days.
How much time do most of spend on a french? Those of us that can't get it 'perfect' the first time, and have to 'clean' our smile line (see me raising my hand:o)
All that caffeine making me jiggle, I guess.

The idea needs some work cause it only offers a very straight french, but a cool idea none the less.

Yes keep an open mind but don't think that there is always an easy way to do something that is clearly skillful! I don't think it can do a better job than me! :eek: I'm not threatened just unimpressed as I could make this myself! :hug:

I don't mean to brag here but I could've painted a French on with polish in not many more seconds.

I don't mean to brag here but I could've painted a French on with polish in not many more seconds.

But that's just it hun, many of us can't :cry:
So for us who haven't a hand steady enough, this is ideal.

(PS: I don't feel it's bragging when it's true. If you're good, BE PROUD, that's what I always say :hug:)

I would agree with blossom, hey, she just "painted" a straight smile line! next time ask your client to put her finger really close to each other, put the nails on a line, and do the four nails in a row!

j/k.

I love smiling lines, so this is not a working gadget for me as of yet ;);)

Video isn't close up enough to see really.
Great for teenagers though who don't want to pay someone to do their nails and do each others.

you think it would sell in that purpose??

Latest posts

Back