Electic Nail filing system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kajay

Reaction score
Have just received my electric nail filing system. I will be getting training for it, but as there is no instructions, manual or any advice at all with the system, was wondering what type of bits, sanding bands would be needed, and what is used for what type of information. I received 10 medium sanding bands with it, but wondered what they would be used for.

I am still training on a course at the moment.

What machine have you received and who did you get it from. It is very common for there not to be instructions with these machines. I think, in an attempt to prevent non trained persons from using them! Not sure that works though! :)

It is from Young Nails. Its the YN 99. I am on a course associated with them, so will be asking about training. But, not sure if I have to pay for this. I am hoping to get a discount as it cost a lot of money, and noticed that some cheaper machines had free training available with it. Its the actual bits and bands I need to know what to buy. Does anyone know what I need to buy to go with this machine?

I did my training a while ago but recently bought the Young Nails YN99 it is a fabulous machine. Are you doing your training with Youngs or are you just training with their products? If it with them then just ask your trainer to run over it with you, I don't think that is unreasonable. :)

I'm doing the training with a salon that only uses Young Nails products, and the course is associated with them. I also order all my products from Young Nails too. I have had half an hours basic training with the electric file in the salon, where we are being taught every two weeks, but wasn't told what bit or sander to use with what procedure. As I have medium barrel bands to use with the file, I wondered what procedure they would be used with.

You will need to ask at your salon for them to go over this with you. Or, alternatively contact Young Nails and get yourself some training with them. Efile training is not something to learn from written text but you need to be shown really. :)

Have just received my electric nail filing system. I will be getting training for it, but as there is no instructions, manual or any advice at all with the system, was wondering what type of bits, sanding bands would be needed, and what is used for what type of information. I received 10 medium sanding bands with it, but wondered what they would be used for.

I am still training on a course at the moment.

I was taught never to use electric files on the natural nail, so beware!

hope this helps,

tessa

i use this e file.

if you go on the young nails web site and search drill bits, it tells you what bit does what job. this may help, until you get your training.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I now know the medium sand bands are used for prepping the nail bed, but only feather touch is needed. I have since found out from my trainer which file finishing bit I need too. I will be taking my assessment on the course with me using my electric file also. I have been practicing on myself, and find it much quicker to use. Oh, I will be taking the electric file course too, so I can get my certificate for use with future clients.

Good girl! This is the sensible way to go about using an efile, and you are right that it does speed up the process if used properly. Good luck with your courses, although I am sure you won't need it! :)

Although you can use the sanding bands to prep the naturel nail I always use a hand file and you should too!! Its a lot safer

I hope your salon training will result in a certificate that you can get insurance with?

Practical training is essential with an e-file and it should never be used on the natural nail

I must admit that I never use the efile on natural nails. I don't find that it is any faster than hand prep. Really useful though to take down the bulk when infilling and rebalancing and to shape before finishing with buffer. :)

You can use an electric file on natural nails, but you have to know what bits can be used on natural nails and what speed and how much pressure to not use. Some bits are designed to be used on natural nails. When buying bits for your e-file ask the seller which ones can be used, they should know. If they don't, go to someone else who does know.

Although you can use the sanding bands to prep the naturel nail I always use a hand file and you should too!! Its a lot safer

I prefer to use hand files to prep nails myself, it doesn't take a lot of time.

I hope your salon training will result in a certificate that you can get insurance with?

Practical training is essential with an e-file and it should never be used on the natural nail

The salon training recommended, and has provided insurance for me with the course.

Latest posts

Back