Electroylsis machine advice - pretty please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
After much cajooling (haha is that even the word and how you spell it?!) by my clients I am bringing back electroylsis, anyway I trained with sterex but was just wondering about other peoples experiences with other machines?

Also does anyone know if you need a council licence, and also do you have to get someone to collect sharps boxes?

Thanks becki xxx

I think you only need to inform the council if you are piercing the skin, which standard electrolysis doesn't do (you go in to a follicle). Also you do have to get your sharps box emptied by somebody else (not sure who you have to ring though) because they have to be incinerated.
HTH
xx:hug:xx

I beg to differ :)

Certainly my local authority requires therapists practicing electrolysis to have a licence.

As I haven't been doing electrolysis for that long, I haven't filled my sharps box yet but when it requires disposal I will ask the council how I go about it.

I only use sterex so sorry can't compare to others but I do know all local authorities have different regulations regarding electrolysis and needle disposal. My local authority requires the same for electrolysis, ear piercing and tattooing. Phone your council and ask, they should send you an info pack.

Good luck:hug:

If I were to start doing electrolysis again, I would need to register with the local council, under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982. It does vary between local authorities so you would need to ckeck with yours to see whether it's necessary for you.

As regards the sharps box, usually the council will have some provision for that too. If they don't, it would be worth going to speak to a local pharmacy. Pharmacies usually have disposal bins for returned drugs and syringes so they may allow you to empty your used needles into their box. You must check with the council first, but if they're not very helpful it's another option for you.

I've realised you also asked about machines - I have a Carlton Ultrablend, I chose it over the Sterex SXB for 2 reasons

(1) most of us at college found the SXB digital display very confusing, if you do decide to get one, make sure you attend the training Sterex offer with the machine!

(2) the Carlton Ultrblend has a facility for anaphoresis and cataphoresis, which I felt might be useful. Carlton also include training with the machine.

With regard to cost they are roughy the same price, however, I got mine as a show offer and it was £100 off, plus no VAT, plus they gave me a trolley and a lamp - it was a FANTASTIC deal x

Latest posts

Back