Embarrassing moments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachaelDB

Reaction score
Whats the most embarrassing thing you have either said or done in front of a client ?
I once sneezed which means i turned away from my client and the force of the sneeze made me fart quite loudly :o so my bottom was in firing range of the clients head
The client was very good natured about it but i mortified :D

You will not believe this to be true but I said it. I was at a clients house and she lived with her mum. Her mum is from what I can see a bit of an aging party girl and while the hi-lights developing she was getting me and he daughter to look at her lastest escapades on a facebook album. she said "look at my friend, he dressed up as a naughty school girl". The picture was what I thaught was two trannys I said "omg those two guys look like they would be great fun to go out with". She turned around and said the other one isnt a man, its me! I had to mutter about blurry pics and being so tired etc. So awful... I only went back there a couple times and then the girl moved out and didnt have me come any more. It was the most imbarrising moment with a client ever, wished the ground could have swallowed me up x

I've had several but the most recent was when we had a faucet malfunction in the nail spa. The whole "face" of the fixture came off and it created a jet affect when you turned on the faucet. It literally shot water all the way across the nail spa. But we had to use it to clean our implements. We just had to pay very close attention to how we turned it on.

Well, I wasn't paying close attention when I walked up to it and turned it on full blast. Water shot all the way across the nail spa and hit one of the nail techs sitting clear on the other side of the room. Worse part is, it hit two clients directly in the face who were sitting in pedicure stations.

One of the clients laughed hysterically as I handed her a towel for her face and hair. The other acted as if she just received a gun blast to the face. Bad? It gets worse.

When I see the look on this client's face (a matronly, sour-faced woman), I rush over with a towel to assist. As she dries her face, I just start wiping her off. As you do in these circumstances, you look around, laugh and joke to make light of the situation...when an awkward silence comes over the nail spa.

I turn to the client who is staring down at her breasts, which apparently I have spent an inordinant amount of time rubbing. :o

Gr8nailz you always guarantee to make me proper belly laugh with your comments, I have tears streaming down my face, that's so funny! Worst I've done so far is spit on a client when I was talking, but I only started a few months ago. Still embarassing tho xxx

Well I had a pretty embarassing moment yesterday - the salon was completely full and I was doing Minx on a client, in full view of about 10 people. So I half stood up to reach something and went to sit back on my stool but it rolled back and I totally missed! Ended up on my bum with legs in air and stuff flying everywhere! I swear I could still hear people giggling half an hour later :o

I've had several but the most recent was when we had a faucet malfunction in the nail spa. The whole "face" of the fixture came off and it created a jet affect when you turned on the faucet. It literally shot water all the way across the nail spa. But we had to use it to clean our implements. We just had to pay very close attention to how we turned it on.

Well, I wasn't paying close attention when I walked up to it and turned it on full blast. Water shot all the way across the nail spa and hit one of the nail techs sitting clear on the other side of the room. Worse part is, it hit two clients directly in the face who were sitting in pedicure stations.

One of the clients laughed hysterically as I handed her a towel for her face and hair. The other acted as if she just received a gun blast to the face. Bad? It gets worse.

When I see the look on this client's face (a matronly, sour-faced woman), I rush over with a towel to assist. As she dries her face, I just start wiping her off. As you do in these circumstances, you look around, laugh and joke to make light of the situation...when an awkward silence comes over the nail spa.

I turn to the client who is staring down at her breasts, which apparently I have spent an inordinant amount of time rubbing. :o

Love it.......sounds like the closest anyones been to those babies in a while...hence the sour face maybe??!!:Grope:

Love it.......sounds like the closest anyones been to those babies in a while...hence the sour face maybe??!!:Grope:

LOL

Hey!!! I've got a bone to pick with you, Misty!!! All I do is dream about are those freakin' Cadbury fruit & nut bars.

I crave them. My thighs crave them. My a** craves them.

If you see a very large woman roll into Spain, it'll be me and will be ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

LOL

Hey!!! I've got a bone to pick with you, Misty!!! All I do is dream about are those freakin' Cadbury fruit & nut bars.

I crave them. My thighs crave them. My a** craves them.

If you see a very large woman roll into Spain, it'll be me and will be ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

Now I really am laughing!!! Didnt I tell you to make them last??!! I really do feel bad....surely you must be able to buy british chocolate there no? If not then we need to get some kind of campaign going....perhaps it was low blood sugar that induced you to rub a clients breasts????

About 10 yrs ago when I was working mobile and I went to a client house where there were several friends who would get together each month for a list of treatments together. Pamper party.

They were a good bunch of wrens and used to help me set up my couch. They used to take turns at each others house and I'd not been to this house before.

This particular time we set the couch up and it was on a wooden floor. I was doing an eyelash tint and the other girls were sat in the room chatting whilst the tint developed. Suddenly the couch collapsed, I saw it go and grabbed my client and couch.

She was fine and everyone was in hysterics apart from me of course. The end that the wren had helped me with, on the couch, hadn't been locked so the legs gave way. Not that it was her fault at time, I should've checked.

I was mortified but they were all laughing and very forgiving. It was a very valuable lesson for me though but one of my most embarrassing that's for sure. I will never forget that and still have the same couch though I don't do mobile anymore. If I go to a friends or family member and use my couch I always always double check everything's locked myself.

All these replys are fantastic really made me giggle :D

This happened to me today... the weather has been sooo muggy and I suffer with terrible hayfever, so I've been dripping from my eyes, nose, forehead - everything.

I had 3 ladies for acrylics in a house where there was only one window in a cramped living room.

I was working so hard, and they were all very quiet (awkward).

I could feel myself getting nervous, and I was already hot. Usually when I'm uncomfortable I choose an appropriate moment to tell the client to go and wash their hands or grab me something like a drink so I can dab my forehead/wipe my nose etc but there were 3 of them so no escape! So I just carried on and prayed to god the room cooled down. No such luck, apparently.

I could feel the sweat beading on my face.
I could feel the drip forming on the tip of my nose.
Then I felt my client flinch as it dripped on her.

THANK GOD noone saw, I blamed it on my brush being too loaded with monomer (???) and mumbled something about flicking her by accident. They were none the wiser but I was horrified. Absolutely horrified.

Oh the shame....

Trying to walk up escaltors when they were coming down i was stood there for like a whole ten miniutes thinking why is this not working i cant get up these till i noticed every one looking at me and then i went bright red and started laughing to my self and run off haha x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just thought I'd drag this thread back up as I'm up for a laugh :)

Any more embarrassing moments? X

Im currently racking my brains for any and i must have some after 17 years!!

Il get back to it in a minute when ive thought of something but am looking forward to reading some more funnies in the meantime!
x

Was walking across a kitchen in a clients the other day while she was under the dryer and slid from one end of the room to te other, into a carton of milk on the side, the lid popped off and soaked everywhere, not thinking she jumped up to help me as smacked her head on the front of the dryer, we spent the rest of the time laughing it all off as we had both been clumsy, then she came out with the really old saying as I left " don't be crying over spilled milk tonight" glad some have a good sense of humour xoxo

You will not believe this to be true but I said it. I was at a clients house and she lived with her mum. Her mum is from what I can see a bit of an aging party girl and while the hi-lights developing she was getting me and he daughter to look at her lastest escapades on a facebook album. she said "look at my friend, he dressed up as a naughty school girl". The picture was what I thaught was two trannys I said "omg those two guys look like they would be great fun to go out with". She turned around and said the other one isnt a man, its me! I had to mutter about blurry pics and being so tired etc. So awful... I only went back there a couple times and then the girl moved out and didnt have me come any more. It was the most imbarrising moment with a client ever, wished the ground could have swallowed me up x

Lmao! X

I was helping a client the other day pick out shampoo well id been sitting down just before then and I guess my shirt had got caught. I looked down mid sentence and I saw it! My shirt on one one side was pulled down under my bra! My bra was a bit snug so needless to say it was very close :eek: I tryed pulling my shirt up but grabbed my bra instead and pinched myself (oooohh god) the lady (luckly a regular).reached over and pulled my shirt up and said,

"wow! Those are nice, you know now that iv seen them me and my friends(they come in aswel) were wondering if they were real? you must have a hell of a time finding a bra."

I was so shocked all I could say was "oh umm thanks I grew them myself"
I rang her up bright red in the face and I just wanted to diieeee!

LIKE GO HOME AND DIEE! I have never been so ashamed, I was shaking! Who knows how long I had been like that! What if other clients saw ooohhh I just cringe everytime I think back. GREAT IM ASHAMED ALL OVER AGAIN!

Last edited:
I once fell smack in my a**e mid leg wax!! Im super clumsy though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Im always having them moments, none in a salon but once was all dressed up in heels ect to get the train to my boyfriends for the weekend when I got there he meet me off the train but as we were walking down the stairs I fell with my heels on from about five steps up and my phone went flying my heel came off and my other hand was holding his, I only just managed. Not to pull him with me, it was rush hour too!
He said whoops!! Then said to me get up quick don't worry about yr shoes (as all scuffed) ill buy you another pair! I try to look lady like but me and heels just don't get on!
Another time walking through town I was holding his hand chatting to him and walked into a lamppost! X

i live in portugal and my portugues is not good but i try.
i had a girl of about 20 something coming for a wax. i was clarifying what i was doing in portuguese. suddenly she broke down in fits of laughter, i thought oh god what have i said. finally when she stopped laughing she said i told her that i was going to wax her penis....i could have died but at least she laughed :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back