Entity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The information re NTT simply is not true.

I'm sorry I don't mind anyone saying they like a product etc etc but .... advanced it is not. There are other products that are far more advanced. If you think it is so advanced then tell us how and why it is advanced. Explain the chemistry to us and back up what you say with facts. I know the product so be prepared.

I have trained over 50 competition winners, and any of them could win with almost any product so winning with something doesn't make a product great it only makes the technician great on the day. The products do not have to last in any way more than few hours in a competition so that is not the test of a good product.

I would like to know which products these are? And what factually makes them more advanced, can you enlighten us? I am also interested in the chemistry behind these more advanced products, where can I find those facts?

I agree with the competition thing, although I have never been trained by anyone, I compete and win. And I could do it with any product.

I would like to know which products these are? And what factually makes them more advanced, can you enlighten us? I am also interested in the chemistry behind these more advanced products, where can I find those facts?

I agree with the competition thing, although I have never been trained by anyone, I compete and win. And I could do it with any product.

I can enlighten you but perhaps you should take a class with CND and you will soon get the facts behind the chemistry. Thats one of the primary reasons they hold classes.

Education is the culture of Creative they have always taught the chemistry behind the products .. always believed that technicians were smart enough to know it all when no one else was teaching it.

When a product can be used without primer .. when all that is required is a squeaky clean nail plate, when it buffs like butter as opposed to concrete, when all that is needed is a 240 abrasive to do everything when the formula is patent protected and the key keratin bonding ingredient is owned by one company ... that makes it different.

When a product is just another product produced by keystone .... that really says it all.

Geeg, I must have missed something? Are you saying that a class makes the product chemically more advanced? That makes a good sales pitch for creative, but I'm more interested in the chemistry? Can you just tell me what the chemistry is?

Geeg, I must have missed something? Are you saying that a class makes the product chemically more advanced? That makes a good sales pitch for creative, but I'm more interested in the chemistry? Can you just tell me what the chemistry is?

If you wish to act deliberately obtuse then do so. My post was quite clear.

You are the one who claims to know all about CND education so I suggest you update yourself in the USA as soon as possible as your interest is so great.

Why you think I should spend my time on a Sunday night writing all the information that I normally present in a class, especially for you who have spent the evening going out of your way to be obnoxious to me and to write totally inaccurate information re CND and their education I cannot fathom.

Allot of the info you seek is on this site so I suggest you use the excellent search facility and find the specifics you want. Or read Doug schoons book Nail Structure and Product Chemistry and learn a bit from that so that you will know enough and be prepared to absorb the info re CND products specifically when you do the class.

I do not have to prove anything at all to you, publicly or otherwise. I wouldn't waste my time. I WILL ANSWER ANYTHING asked of me from a good motive but not from someone who is just hostile and trying to score points for their own purposes and is so transparent in the doing of it.

I think what Geeg is saying, as i read it... Part of a CND class consists of product chemistry so that all CND educated people know exactly why it is different to other "traditional" liquids...
I use all these terms very loosely..
HTH
Mel

Well i don't know much about the chemistry of the products of either CND or Entitiy but I use Entity shiners and I think they are absolutely amazing!!!

Just my pennies worth..

I use CND's Moxie liquid which is a fast set version of Retention +.

I never get bubbles with Moxie however fast I work. Sometimes with Retention + when I got carried away and worked too fast, I made some bubbles.

The point is, under pressure we can sometimes revert to speed over control. When this happens, even if your mix ratio is spot on, you can over work the product, creating bubbles.

When I do a demo with Retention + I work at the correct speed and.. no bubbles.

If other companies sell fast setting liquids,they are less likely to create bubbles.
Just because it creates less bubbles, it doesnt mean its superior, it just means, its sets faster.

The information re NTT simply is not true.

I'm sorry I don't mind anyone saying they like a product etc etc but .... advanced it is not. There are other products that are far more advanced. If you think it is so advanced then tell us how and why it is advanced. Explain the chemistry to us and back up what you say with facts. I know the product so be prepared.

I have trained over 50 competition winners, and any of them could win with almost any product so winning with something doesn't make a product great it only makes the technician great on the day. The products do not have to last in any way more than few hours in a competition so that is not the test of a good product.
For one thing it's how the powders are made, the hard and soft monomer are mixed together before they are treated to create the co-polymer (powder), when you have your co-polymer (powder) in the pot there is no separation of hard and soft polymer (which you do get in other brands) due to the correct mix of hard and soft polymer being in each particle of powder.
(Incidentally the powders are double ground and contain cosmetic grade pigments).

It's a more expensive way of making the powder. The normal way is that the hard and soft monomer are treated individually and then ground down and put into the pot. Thus when you pick up a bead you can not guarantee that you have the correct ratio of hard and soft powder in your bead. You might have picked up 90% hard 10% soft. (the particles are different in size, hard larger and soft smaller) e.g.. If you pick up a 90:10 mix in your powder, your end result will be bubbles, due to the air gaps between the particles.
Entity does feel different when you use it, the white for french and the subsequent rebalances, it is a joy to work with!!!
Hope this helps

Last edited:
it is not completely different...
but no system works the same as another, so you always need to get used to your new product, new ratio, opacity, is it hard or soft, etc.

Mix ratio is different

back to original question- yeah Entity nail systems- liquid and powder. Fab, nuthin wrong with it, beautiful clarity, best masque powders ive ever used straight from the pot, wears well,no lift BLAH BLAH BLAH i could go on, Id put them at the upper end of the market defo- i ve used Entity, Creative EZ flow, love them all for different reasons, no probs with any of them - i make them work i flit from time to time, but hey ho, sometimes i drink vodka and cranberry and sometimes i drink Jack daniels and coke sometimes i drink wine , its my perogative to choose ha- they all do the same job ...

Anyone wanting to try new products look on ebay, I found all the top brands Opi is so well priced, Creative and Entity I easily and quickly and from the same seller, we spoke on the telephone, her feed back on ebay isn't that good though so decide for yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone wanting to try new products look on ebay, I found all the top brands Opi is so well priced, Creative and Entity I easily and quickly and from the same seller, we spoke on the telephone and she is so helpful, her feed back on ebay isn't that good though so decide for yourselves

However 'helpful' she is she is not an Authorised Distributor of these products.....and we never advocate the buying of Professional products from Ebay on this site....as this is a site for professionals.
If you do a search on here on Ebay you will soon find out how strongly we feel about it.

Last edited:
Oh really, ooops she told me she was. Not to worry I could walk to my nearest distributor anyway, thanks for that izzy

Oh really, ooops she told me she was. Not to worry I could walk to my nearest distributor anyway, thanks for that izzy

No problem, and the added benefit from buying from your Authorised Distributor is that you are guaranteed to get the genuine article, and you will get ongoing technical support, and be kept up to date with any new products. Win win really!!!

Thank you izzy and geeg i am new to the world of nails, maybe i should make the time to chat with the lady in the shop more and look at the other posts here before i make comment - its just that ebay is usually cheaper but i guess what u say about it being fake is a fair point. i wont mention ebay again.

I really think we can close this thread now as it is way off topic and yonkers old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back