essential nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccie29

Reaction score
hi has anyone done a home study course with essentail nail training

beccie29 said:

HI

I am doing it but now feel that I also need face to face training to perfect my technique - doing the creative foundation soon.

beccie29 said:
im doing the tip and overlay course now,... i gotta tell you , you need to be motivated to get on with it !!! i am giong to be doing my creative foundation soon as i feel i need someone there to tell me where im going wrong , if you get what i mean? essential courses are a good platform though to get started imo xx

beccie29 said:

yes im doin the acylic at home motivation thinks what i need but im getting tjthere

I did buy one of these a few years ago, and never completed it. I realised very soon that there was no way I was going to be able to learn this on a home study course. Biggest waste of money for me, ( i was so annoyed with myself as they are not cheap are they!)! I know some people get on ok with them but it gave me no confidence, or real ability to do nails. My opinion is save your money till you can do some training on a face to face basis. hth:biggrin:

Hi

I am doing the essential course in L&P and enjoying it.

I know what you all mean about motivation to do it in the evenings but when I do start I find I am spending hours and they just fly by.

I work full time and in the evenings i do mobile Manicures and Pedicures and was finding that a lot of people were asking for acrylics so I thought that I should eventually add it to my menu.

I find it hard working and then doing the mbile stuff so hopefully eventually , when I am good enough) would like to reduce my days and work from home.

Cheers

Billie x

I've completed the l&p en course. Enjoyed it so much. I do feel I need to do further training e.g for smile lines and maintenance, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and yes you do need motivation!

:eek: Got my Essential "hand" yesterday - Yeah BUT, have been working with it several hrs. yesterday and today and the Finger Nails are just SO Big! Outside of the little finger nail size the rest are like twice as big as a "normal" everyday ladies finger? Even though I'm not doing the Course (you can't transfer them here in the US and I got mine off good-ol Ebay) so using for practice it seems as though getting "use" to doing those BIG size nail beds would hinder you a tad when one starts doing real clients:rolleyes: Correct me is I'm wrong, what do you gals think that have gone thru one/several of their courses and many hrs. practicing on the Hand? I've already gone thru about 1/2 of the nails, I'll have to get online and order more tomorrow - GEE, this could get a bit costly, and how are their Videos? Was thinking of getting the Acrylic one, have got the one from EZ Flow which I was ALOT and a Tammy Taylor older one, so should I get a different perspective and get it from Essentials as well. Sorry for all the questions but appreciate ALL that I've learned already from being on NailGeek:)

ive done the Acrylic tip & overlay & the maintainance & really enjoyed them xxxx

~*~ Got an email back from Mark as I'd emailed him about the Big nail bed sizes! Sadly you can't get the sizes individually (wish I could get just the #8):confused: Hate to have to order a box of their 100's and only use 1/2 of them - so not sure what to do, might not have a choice. For me personally it would throw me off practicing alot on those Larger nail beds, getting use to using twice as much product etc. Although as I said it's helping me alot with Filing prceedures and all, just make the best of it:lol:

Latest posts

Back