essential nails airbrushing? i need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
i started the essential nails home learn airbrushing course last week (would've loved to do a hands on course, but can't find one near me that would give me a certificate for insurance purposes)
i loving doing the course, but i keep getting water spitting out of my air gun whilst painting, its so annoying :irked: i was dping perfect designs on the assesment card that you send back, then water spit out and ruined my design!:mad:
i phoned essential nails and although they were really helpful, i've done everything they said and its still happening. (i keep emptying the water trap every 1-2 minutes, keep blasting paint through the gun on highest paint setting to clear it, i've even put my air gun in the sun for 2 days to ensure its dry right through!)

has anyone else done this course? or had the same problems?
also any tips to help me from airbrushing geeks are greatly welcome

x x x

i didnt do EN course, but i cant understand why you getting water spitting out when ther is no water involved flower (apart from when you cleaning your brush between colour changes)- have you checked your gun, did you clean it properly, and make sure you had sprayed any cleaning fluid out of it before you started to do the designs -

Hi, i started en airbrushing course last week and had to ring them about the same, but i seem to have sorted it. you have to keep emptying your air tank often and make sure you blast the air through after you clean between colours. also check your needle guide and needle locking nut is fully tighten up. it is annoying but keep at it xx

Last edited:
i didnt do EN course, but i cant understand why you getting water spitting out when ther is no water involved flower (apart from when you cleaning your brush between colour changes)- have you checked your gun, did you clean it properly, and make sure you had sprayed any cleaning fluid out of it before you started to do the designs -
i thought the same thing, en told me its probably moisture (which should go into the moisture trap?) or it could be cleaning fluid.
i make sure i fully empty all cleaning fluid through the gun by keeping spraying air through until there is no moisture coming out.

Hi, i started en airbrushing course last week and had to ring them about the same, but i seem to have sorted it. you have to keep emptying your air tank often and make sure you blast the air through after you clean between colours. also check your needle guide and needle locking nut is fully tighten up. it is annoying but keep at it xx
i keep emptying the moisture trap every 2 minutes and blasting paint through on the fullest setting every few minutes, also everything is put together properly really tightly.
i'm stumped!

There is a cetain amount of moisture that can build up in your tank but you should't have to empty the trap every 2 seconds or even every 2 hours!!

Technique: Spray colour for a second or two and then aim the gun away onto the towel or paper and spray 2 short blasts. then spay colour for another 2 seconds and then aim away and give two short blasts. I always paint like this and never have a problem. Very easy and keeps any splatters off your work.

I reiterate what Geeg has said ....
between colours spray until gun runs dry (twice), sometimes when you think it's dry, moisture resettles and it's still quite wet.

just to add, it also depends on the quality of paints and how often they are used, sometimes the pigment settles to the bottom of the bottle , resulting in "watery" paint at the top.

Before painting, (preferably well before appointment if the paints haven't bee used for a while).... "aggitate" the bottle without shaking the shyte out of it, then allow it to settle before putting in the gun.

Must every post that contains the words "Essential Nails" also contain the word "help" ???

Just a thought. I see a pattern (and it ain't airbrushed) !!!

I agree with peter pan. Iv also done an airbrushing couse with this company but not a home one, they came to my house and i did it.What are you useing to clean the paint and your gun out? if your useing water thats where your going wronge hun. They sell the cleaning fluied that you should be useing.x

Last edited:
thank you for all your advice, i will try that.
Before painting, (preferably well before appointment if the paints haven't bee used for a while).... "aggitate" the bottle without shaking the shyte out of it, then allow it to settle before putting in the gun.
i might be shaking them too hard, i really shake and then drip straight into the gun! oops!

Must every post that contains the words "Essential Nails" also contain the word "help" ???
i know they don't have a good rep on here, its the only way i can get a certificate for insurance purposes, and they use Medea paints, from what I've researched they seem like a good brand of paint.
x

I agree with peter pan. Iv also done an airbrushing couse with this company but not a home one, they came to my house and i did it.What are you useing to clean the paint and your gun out? if your useing water thats where your going wronge hun. They sell the cleaning fluied that you should be useing.x
i'm using medea airbrush cleaner that came with the kit.

Hi lisa-mare,
ive got a home learn air brush kit from essential nails with the gun and mini air compressor, i had the same problems where my gun spit out a bit of water and that my paint also wasnt spraying through the gun correctly, i also like you phoned up en and they explained to me about cleaning it out correctly which normally says in either a book or video that comes in the kit, if you still receive the problems maybe your gun might be faulty so id ask en to check the gun out and fix it for you or replace it with a new one, i no your not meant to leave the paint in for too long otherwise it tends to harden which may also cause it to block and your cleaning it a lot perhaps your water is coming out that way i know mine was but en did say at some point after a few times of me phoning and saying it wasnt working they told me to return it for them to take a look but im in looking to sell my kit at present! hope ive helped to answer your problem ok melanie

thank you for all your advice, i will try that.
i might be shaking them too hard, i really shake and then drip straight into the gun! oops!

i know they don't have a good rep on here, its the only way i can get a certificate for insurance purposes, and they use Medea paints, from what I've researched they seem like a good brand of paint.
x
You need insurance to airbrush nails??? First I've heard of it. Do you need insurance to paint nails with enamel? Much more hazardous.

You need insurance to airbrush nails??? First I've heard of it. Do you need insurance to paint nails with enamel? Much more hazardous.
really?? so i could've bought an iwata airbrush and taught myself?

when i first phoned pro beauty and signed up for beauty insurance, i went through a list of things i can do/will be doing in the future - the guy said i can only perform treatments which i have a recognized certificate for. including airbrushing - he said my vtct nail art wouldn't cover it because we're only doing freehand stuff at college and not using an airbrush.

really?? so i could've bought an iwata airbrush and taught myself?

when i first phoned pro beauty and signed up for beauty insurance, i went through a list of things i can do/will be doing in the future - the guy said i can only perform treatments which i have a recognized certificate for. including airbrushing - he said my vtct nail art wouldn't cover it because we're only doing freehand stuff at college and not using an airbrush.

Well it just surprises me you need insurance for this service!! Who knew?

Well it just surprises me you need insurance for this service!! Who knew?
i think nowdays you need to be extra careful with everything, i mean health and safety is just over the top sometimes so i guess insurance companies have to be a bit strict.(or i just got a guy on the phone that wasn't sure about it, and told me to get a certificate to be covered)

just to follow up on my water spitting problem - i spoke to en today, they said it might be because i'm working off a coffee table, its too low, so i'm off to find a higher fold up picnic table!

thanks for everyones help, i think if i try doing what you've all said along with a higher table, it should solve my problems (fingers crossed)
i'll update soon when i get chance to have another play
x x x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back