Essential nails course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For your progress card you can use the no6 nail instead!! and you can use different tips just as long as they are natural and have a well.

I've just bought a nail trainer and some of the nails that fit onto them so, is the number 13 designed flat so it teaches you to build up the apex??

also, if you didn't want to just sculpt you wanted to tip the nails do you have to buy essential nails or can you use whichever?? xxx

I think the essential nails course is very very over priced as you can get 2day courses for around £200 in nails which obviously would need a nail trainer or a lot of models to practice but it's like £300/£400 but why, it's a home learning course it should be cheaper and i'm sorry but apart from the nail trainer their products are a total disgrace to the nail industry, i've used them before and had them used on me.

For your progress card you can use the no6 nail instead!!

Can you really? Maybe but you cant just use a different nail bed on a real client so wouldn't it be better to keep trying?
I know how that sounds but I'm just trying to keep it real ,
I haven't done an E.N enhancement course but I do have a hand trainer that I play with sometimes it is annoying until you get used to it, but try changing the adhesive and see how you get along, :hug:

Misteza...Breathe.. it's ok to be frustrated with it, after all nails aren't easy.
The course is fine you just need to relax a little, everybody struggles with the adhesive, lets face it the bubbles are a pain..BUT the adhesive does work, just takes practice, if everything in life was easy we wouldn't feel great about things.

Becareful your not trying to re-glue the same nail too many times as this won't help the nail will become a little tacky and then your tip won't adhere well, try using less glue, once you have the yip in place try rocking it gently side to side, then hold firmly in place. If you false the tip on the nail with too much glue it will stay wet, then when you come to blend your tip it will be still gluey underneath and make yyou dis-heartened.

So fresh head on...and go tackle it girl, you will feel so great once you mastered it and wondered what the problem was in the first place xx

Last edited:
The no 13 nail is supposed to be a nightmare, that is the whole point of it! Annoying, I know, but it serves a purpose, at least the nail trainer does not fidget about and make silly comments while you are trying to fit the tip.

You cannot use a different glue as the glue is special for the cold nail trainer hand. I did consider that you might be using too much glue if you are finding it has not dried/set and you need to check that you are 'rocking' the tip on and not just placing it on flat. Hold the tip firmly in place and be patient, if 10 seconds isn't enough then hold for longer. It will save time in the long run if you wait for the glue to take. Work in a warm room, this will help the glue as well.

I say this many times to newbies and that is to be patient, we have all been through this and we have all seemed to waste tips and glue, files and time but we get there in the end! :lol:

Hi all, thanks for all your comments.
Just to let you know I have had a reply from Sarah, she is so helpful, polite, and has PATIENCE, she literally dealt with every issue I came at her with (bless her) even though I seem like a right ranter! If you have any problems she will be a major help.

I have been sent a new glue and I am not having problems with the blending any more but I still get the air pockets but I guess I'm just gonna have to keep practising.

I think the course is a good idea, you have to be self motivated though because noone is there telling you to hand in work by a certain date.
Also it would help to have passed a manicure unit before hand as it does not go into much depth about the natural nail.

A few things I said in my first post were a little unjustified because at the end of the day it is how you make it. So thanks all for listening to my rant! I hope this somewhat will help someone else in the same position.

If anyone knows of a different glue that you have used please let me know!

xxx:)

You cannot use a different glue as the glue is special for the cold nail trainer hand. I did consider that you might be using too much glue if you are finding it has not dried/set and you need to check that you are 'rocking' the tip on and not just placing it on flat. Hold the tip firmly in place and be patient, if 10 seconds isn't enough then hold for longer. It will save time in the long run if you wait for the glue to take. Work in a warm room, this will help the glue as well.

You can use a different glue i myself used CND Gelbond and i know alot of other people have with no problems at all:)

EN does seem to be a starting point, but nearly every successful tech that started with EN, has done several courses afterwards.

I dunno, but if you add up money, time, respectability, etc, you may save some time and money by doing a course that is truly respected.

If you came to my salon and your only education was EN, I would politely tell you I have no positions, even though (really I should see your work).

To me EN is so first base, it represents an interest in the industry, not a passion.

Lo and behold there is yet another post today asking for help about an EN course. http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/103292-essential-nails-course-problems.html

Really, you should be able to ask your tutor and solve your problem within minutes (learn and progress), then improve your skills and get on with it.

Not have to ask elsewhere for advice and wait for a reply.
Training and advice should be hands on.

EN is what I would describe as "homework", not the issue/study at hand.

And most professionals/professional salons treat it (and you) as such.

Sorry for the honesty.

Like I said earlier and shell28 said Gelbond I use it now if, when (rarely) I tip hand trainer, its a thick (viscosity) adhesive which stands to reason it helps when trying to tip such a flat nail, it is also quick to dry even on the cold plastic nail trainer ;)

Pleased you are feeling a bit better now. As I said, I use NSI polybond brush on glue. I find it easier to apply with the brush and it dries quickly.

But you're learning to deal with a nightmare on a plastic finger! If you overcome the difficulties what have you learnt? How to apply a nail to a flat plastic finger!!

A flat real nail will behave very differently. Wouldn't it be better to deal with a nightmare real finger? It will be learning it all over again! Why?

Apart from anything else, the plastic is rigid and has no feeling!! Plus it doesn't go away and wash dishes and pick at the nail!!

mum, We don't choose Essential nails because we think it's the perfect way to learn, we choose it because for some of us it's the only way we can learn!! I am passionate about nails and have wanted to be a nail tech for years, thanks to EN I can now say I'm qualified. The next step is to practice on real people who have feeling, wash up and pick at their nails. I agree there is a major difference between a plastic hand and a real one, but at least I know what I'm doing BEFORE I'm let loose on real people, I made my mistakes on a piece of plastic!!

I wouldn't say the EN course makes too qualified..yes you passed and can go work on people but who doesn't pass the EN course..and with merits !

It's a step in the right direction, to improve.

Plus you can use all the adhesives in the world, it's not going to make you a better nail tech, the EN adhesive does work, you just have to stick at it ( no pun intended)

x

mum, We don't choose Essential nails because we think it's the perfect way to learn, we choose it because for some of us it's the only way we can learn

I might be being stupid but why would it be the only way your can learn?

Last edited by a moderator:
mizzy_dizzy for some people they can not attend "classroom based courses", in my situation it is because i have 2 small children, am a single mum who has no one around who can watch them whilst i go, with the EN course it enables me to work around the children, i can do the course whilst they are in bed sleeping etc. In an ideal world i would have loved to do a class room based one, but its just not possible for me at this present moment in time, im definatly hoping to be able to do one in the future tho.
xx

We use the nail trainer as well in our classes until we are ready to move on to real people. What I have learned for the flat nail is to use a tip one size bigger than the "nail", file or cut out a V shape in the middle of the well area and then file sidewalls of tip to fit the nail. The fit on the flat nail is so much better and this can also be used on real nails with a flat nail bed.

Hope that makes sense. lol

mizzy_dizzy for some people they can not attend "classroom based courses", in my situation it is because i have 2 small children, am a single mum who has no one around who can watch them whilst i go, with the EN course it enables me to work around the children, i can do the course whilst they are in bed sleeping etc. In an ideal world i would have loved to do a class room based one, but its just not possible for me at this present moment in time, im definatly hoping to be able to do one in the future tho.
xx

I see, and i do think it is grate that your all doing something but how will you all go from home study to then working, if that is the long tearm goal?
my other half lives in a diffrent contry (millitry)
I have 3 kids from 3 to 11 one of witch is autistic (and other things)
I live along way from familly and I don't drive,
Sound like I would fit in well with an E.N cours?well I went to evening classes, spent time at home practicing (you still have to do that with collage) ,reading ect went to convertons and other classes and i still am , I paid full price for products, and I have spent 1000's and probaly the same again on child care while studying!
i just dont see if your all unable to go to a class how you will be able to move on after you quallifed, I am not aiming this directly at you gemzglitz (cool name) i just see it lot when people say it was the only way they could learn, Thats all that i am getting at, :)

Lets be realistic here EN course are a great starting point but that it a starting point.

I myself have done 3 courses with them and i now work as a s/e nail technician but my training WILL NOT STOP THERE, i still have lots to learn and lots to improve on.

No one should have to justify why they are doing an EN course thats just not fair.

At the end of the day we all make different choices with who we train with and why and no one has the right to put anyone down for the choices that they make.

This site is great and you will learn a lot from searching posts i know i have and no should feel they cant post because of what response they might get.:hug:

As for the number 13 nail..its a bugger!!

what i did was take most of the well out with a file, hold the tip between your thumb and index finger upright.

then file the well out upwards, till you see a smile line.

also thin the well of the tip first, then appy your adhesive the stick!!
hth!!!

Lets be realistic here EN course are a great starting point but that it a starting point.

I myself have done 3 courses with them and i now work as a s/e nail technician but my training WILL NOT STOP THERE, i still have lots to learn and lots to improve on.

No one should have to justify why they are doing an EN course thats just not fair.

At the end of the day we all make different choices with who we train with and why and no one has the right to put anyone down for the choices that they make.

This site is great and you will learn a lot from searching posts i know i have and no should feel they cant post because of what response they might get.:hug:

I didnt say anyone had to justify anything! i was just asking as i dont understand,
why are you so defencive? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back