Essential Nails Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Has anyone done one of the Essential Nail Training courses. I was thinking of doing the Gel course but would like to hear if anyone out there has done this home learn course or even the A & P one and if so how you found it in terms of ease of learning.

I am currently working evening and weekends as a therapist and in an office during the day so thought this would be ideal for me to do in my own time.

Thanks

Check the other threads on Essential Nails, no offense to anyone, but it really doesn't seem to be well respected in the industry, but it would be a good introduction to nails.

Then get some real training, with a real person guiding/helping/assisting you through every step, teaching you as you make mistakes (not "after" you have made them).

Hi I'm doing the EN Gel course and I really enjoy it. Its a great way to get started in nails and find out if thats what you really want to do, and also if you have the commitment to keep going when there is no one looking over your shoulder.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do, in the end its all personal choice

xx

i started with an en l& p course and then enrolled at college as i felt i needed a person to learn from rather than a video, plus theres nothing like a real person when it comes to learning how to file etc although my hand is fab for when i have a bright idea i need to try out !

i have done the airbrush and the acrylic course and found them fab.

As my husband works long hours (he's in IT) and the children are still young and need me at home, i found it fitted in so well around them.

I did however do lots of my own research and practiced not only on my nail trainer but on my friends and family. I was also lucky enough that my sister inlaw has her own hair and nail salon that one of her nail techs helped me ALOT!!!

i would recomend it to anyone that is unable to go to college like myself due to commitments at home.

It's a great way to start out in nails and despite what some of you say on here about this course, it is backed by NVQ and HABIA.

I did my L&P with EN and find this course very helpful and easy...and I dolove my nail trainer!! But as Nailzoo said it seems their certificate isn't respected very well... For example I tried to get my account in Sweet Squared last week (I really do love to work with CND) and they couldn't accept EN qualification :( if I knew about it before I would simply bought their nail trainer to practise on and got proper course with oter company...
Good luck to you!x

Hi there
ive done the maintaining nails course then arcylic and overlay and the airbrush, and i really enjoyed it ! yes go for it, your love it !

I have done the En course in sculptured acrylics and it was ok and thankfully I won the competition for best nails of the month and won my fees back I only say this as I realised that I wish I had saved the money and taken a course "in class" as you really can only get profesional training this way in my opinon. EN is good as a start but you will always need to take a class afterwards so save your cash and start out this way in the first place. EN is not enough to be a nail tech and run your own business in my experience. Please think carefully first. You dont have to stay away from home for these courses they are spread out over weeks so you just need to manage your time to take them. I wish you all the best babes. x

I have just sent off for the EN acrylic course and am going to do an NVQ Level 2 nails course at evening classes in September which isn't going to cost me anything as it is my first NVQ level 2 and I get it for free :) Hopefully the 2 will complement one another. I am only learning because after 48 years of nail biting I started to have acrylics put on and love them and want to be able to do them myself and for my daughters and friends.

thank you, thats good to know.

I have called sussex & brighton uni's - I have not recieved any course details yet

I need evening classes really to fit around my office job

I am in burgess hill - between brighton & crawley

do you know of any local courses I could look at??

Hi I am near Crawley and Crawley College do an acylic nail enhancements course.:)

Latest posts

Back