Excel 2005-Want to go but Darent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered if theres anyone else out there that isnt going to the prof beauty exhib because of the recent terrorit attacks? I was all planned to go but im terrified to go. I dont like trains at the best of times but i could not face having to go on them or the tubes round london and that is my only way of going, i couldnt drive that far! I think im more worried about it because i was in New York on the 9/11 attacks and it terrified me. I have been able to put things behind me but the london attacks brought it a bit too close to home. It took a very long time for me to deal with 9/11 and try erase the things i saw, heard etc. I should think im the lucky one which i am and im eternally greatful for that and i shouldnt let the evil people ruin my life and stop me getting on with it but i do. Icant help it and i feel really crap for it cos id love to go to excel but cant face it!Am i being pathetic?!xxx:sad:

hi, i now where your coming from. my boyfreind and my family are on at me at the moment about travelling to london,i too will be using the trains. they dont want me to go.they no i will though. i have tickets for my daughter to go but she wont go now. but hay life goes on, you cant stay locked up in door because of what might happen. is this your 1st time at these exhibitions?

Thanks for your replies and the PM's, its easy to say dont let em get you down and stop you going but when youve been there before its the last thing in the world you want to go through again, and i seem to attract trouble ! so ill be doin you a favour staying at home lol!! I went to the olympia last exhib and the gmex one too.

If you don't feel safe then don't go! I've got to get a bus from Battersea and I have to say I'm nervous about it, but London bus drivers scare the wits out of me the way they drive anyway lol! But no one is gonna put me off all those lovely stands filled with goodies ... and all the Geeks I've got to meet!

lol sassy bowt bus drivers! I think im guna wimp out and just wait till gmex, will it be smaller tho and less exhibitors? xx

If you dont wanna go - dont go...........but have you really thought about why your not going? what do you know about politics and about the situation we are in? I'm in Florida at the moment and had to get the tube to London to catch the flight - would you be able to do this, if not what does that mean for your future?

Please note I am only trying to be helpful by giving you a diff perspective on things.

Gmex is smaller but all the major companies will still be there - you have a great time no matter which show you catch

why dont you get the train to london, then taxi to earls court. it'll cost a bit more, but give you greater peace of mind. that way you can take the next step to recovering from 9/11 by taking control of your situation, but limiting your anxiety. :D

Thanks for your replies. I dont think my situation has anything to do with the politics about all the terror attacks etc, all i know is i couldnt go through 9/11 again it was the most terrifying thing in my life and i know i should be greatful etc but i dont get what you mean about the politics?? Help me out!

hi I'm going but must admit i am not looking forward to going on the tube. We are staying on the outskirts of London and are getting the tube to Earls court. The more I think about it the more I get freaked out about it but I won't let it stop me going as its my 1st show.

You can't put your life on hold just because of those b******* chick!

I think you should go and as suggested get a taxi where you can instead of getting on the tube!

The reason I mention politics is as you saw something horrific and seem to be unable to stop referencing it in everyday life - you havent got over it. If you studied the history, got involved with knowing all about it then it might help you move on, your knowledge will help you be prepared rather than feeling that something bad will happen without warning at any moment - this isnt true.

I hope you can see where I am coming from it would be such a shame for you never to step foot back in London - or new york for that instance ever again.

The act of terrorism is a random act, which means it can happen anytime anywhere.....
London, Manchester , Birmingham, Guildford, Belfast infact all over the world......... thats why we fear them, so where is there a safe place for us to go , because of their randomness to us, but a strategic point for those terrorizing us....the target could be anywhere and anyone....
If you don't feel right about going then don't........
I live in London and I can tell you I have never seen, specially now so much security awareness, as here in the capital.....9/11 was a tragic day, a horrendous event in which many people lost their life's and many have to go on rebuilding theirs and carry on as best as they can........
the Earls court show is on the weekend of the 10/11 so very much on the anniversary of this and I can understand how this can bring it back even more to you and echo the trauma you have experienced.....I don't think you are pathetic at all hun, but maybe you still need time and maybe a little bit of counseling to help you deal with this huge issue and then rather than erasing it from your mind, get a different perspective on this, realizing that is one act, like the act of nature, that we can not control and something we all have to live with in this crazy and no sense making world of ours........

But I hope to see you there, because it would be a shame to miss out on meeting another geek at this brill show, I'll even buy ya a huge drink to say well done and welcome to London xxxx

Latest posts

Back