Excel- I am panicking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Ok, so it's a bit of a rant but i need avice as well.

becasue of my husband :twisted: i won't be able to get to excel at 10am on sunday. :grr:I'll be there at 12 noon probably which is so not how I wanted. And also I'll be there on my own so no one will help me queuing and carrying stuff :(

Can you tell me how busy it is there and how manic Excel really is?

I must visit CND, SiennaX and Perron Rigot stalls. Yep- the most popular ones!

WIll I be able to do it on my own or shall I not bother going at all?

It may sound silly for you but i am now very angry and feeling left to my own devices!

Or maybe is it beter to go on monday but again i am worried that I may mis out on the offers....

PB at Excel is very busy, whatever the day, but not so busy that you can't move around.

Plenty of people visit on their own, so you'll be just fine.

Expect long queues at the most popular exhibitors stands, although they do tend to move fairly quickly.

Show offers are available on each day of the show, so you won't be missing out, and exhibitors are usually well stocked anyway.

Hope that helps.

Oh Noodle! Thank you!

That not only puts my mind in rest but also probably saves my marriage ;)

I remember someone saying here that last year at Olympia they had to queue 4hours to be served at the CND stall :(

True or gossip?

I've been last year at Olympia but wasn't buying anything particular but now with an extensive list I am panicking!
Xxx

I remember someone saying here that last year at Olympia they had to queue 4hours to be served at the CND stall

It's true that CND is usually one of the busiest and crowded stands, but I think that a 4 hour wait may be a slight exaggeration.

Make a bee-line first to the stands you most want to visit, then have a mooch around afterwards. That's probably one of the most important pieces of advice I can give you.

Obviously, the earlier you can get there the better or alternatively, perhaps leave it until much later in the day, when most of the crowd will have gone home.

I'm going on my own! Gives me a chance to really mooch around and take my time. I've always gone with people but this year didn't want to be distracted. Xx

My hubby supposed to come with me and not only he stitched me up but also will make me late. He supposed to stand in queues and carry bags.

I may sound stupid but I am worried that I will miss out on offers and everything will be sold out by the time I get there :(

I will miss out on offers and everything will be sold out by the time I get there :(

Unless you get to the show very near to closing time on the last day, I doubt that they will be sold out or that you will miss out on any offers ... don't panic!

Best time to get stuff from the popular stands - last hour on the first day. They will have plenty of stock for the two days, and by this time many people will have left. So the queues are a lot lot shorter. Why queue at 2pm when everyone else is also queuing?

Mat

I think I had to hear it from you guys to calm down and stop feeling so angry at my man!

I am glad that I won't miss out and no reason to panic. Xxx thanks a million xxx

Sorry to butt in, but does anybody else find daunting, I'm not good with crowds and confined spaces.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I'm not good with crowds and confined spaces.

ExCel is huge and so not confined at all, but be warned as there will be lots of people.

I am no good with crowd. I got a panic attack at Olympia but had my hubby to hold my hand.

I am scared of crowded places and panic when surrounded by people so know how you feel x

I really want to go, may just have to view things form afar.

I don't feel so stupid now

Thank you

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

i can't go to these shows because i have panic attacks. sounds stupid i know but unfortunatly true

He supposed to stand in queues and carry bags.

Why not take a wheeled suitcase type bag. Lots of people take these to carry things, so you won't feel odd. hth

I now always go on my own, as find company rather distracting at these events. You want to see one thing, they want another, non-therapists dont understand the questions and get bored ........... You'll be fine on your own, and at Excel you can always go outside with no problems and view the Thames for some "space" if you get a bit overwhelmed.

ps - although I always plan to get there early, I never do! Remember that most people try and get there early, so being couple hours late is not a problem - in fact, you may find it better as the initial mad rush has subsided a bit. If it not too difficult to arrange, maybe visit both days. Day one, check out everything, day two, go back to the stands that interest you the most. Some companies may even book appointments for the following day (but dont quote me on that lol).

All your replies really helped me!

I like the idea of being able to go outside and maybe being able to get there later will be more beneficial for me. And I really thought I will miss out on everything :) silly me.

I may actually come back on Monday if not successful with my shopping on Sunday. Although it would mean taking a day off work :/

I will take a big backpack. I've heard plenty opinions on here how people get annoyed by them etc. don't wanna cause a stir ;)

If you see a girl with a big backpack it's gonna be me :)

Latest posts

Back