Experienced nail tech in the Edinburgh area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicola, it's Heather here, Customer Care Manger at the The Fingertips Centre. We want to do everything we can to help you, as we would with anyone who attends our CND Academy and has invested in the industry's best education.
I have worked out a plan of action to continue the support we want to provide for you! I'll give you a call this afternoon and I have several options for you including a potential placement shadowing a CND Ambassador in her salon in Edinburgh!
I hate to think that you are feeling like you are facing this challange alone - you are not! We are here to support you with any challanges big or small :)
Speak to you soon x

Great response from the Fingertips Centre, hopefully their action plan will have you sorted out soon :)

That's great news. Take full advantage of it. Good luck x

Sounds like you got the support that you wanted but I wanted to emphasise the importance of practise. And not on paying clients. I know it's hard to find the time and money to do so, but I did friends and family for quite a while before I let myself loose! Even when I had been in the industry a few years if I took on a new product I didn't offer it til I was happy with my skills. I'm sure you know this already but it's just to remind you your in good company when learning to grasp a new skill. Perhaps just refrain from offering to your hard earned clients til your happier. Good luck

Thats great to know the support is there, I will be in touch with my ea in the new year too as I haven't put them on my treatment list yet. Didn't expect enhancements to be easy...but didn't expect them to be as hard as they are either. Perhaps its the down side of being older and never having had enhancements of any sort, confidence is a funny thing...too much and nails can look shocking, too little and it becomes scary!!
Also, sometimes it's difficult to find family & friends to practice on too and as much as I love Geri (my geriatric, creaking nail trainer), it's not the same as practising on a real person!!

That will be really good Experience Nic to shadow a CND ambassador in their salon. Go for it, and let us know how you get on :hug: xx

i think everyone at the start of their career hits a brick wall with enhancements of some sort! Mine was L&P, id do everything in my power to get people to have Brisa. I had a 1-2-1 (at the fingertips centre) I did a full set of Liquid and powder and within about 30 seconds my EA had pin pointed about 3 things that wernt right. I walked away from that 1-2-1 feeling like a different nail tech and L and P is my favourite enhancement product now.
Practice is vital though, no matter how good your education is, if you dont practice then you're not going to get any better and thats not the fault of the EAs.

Hope you get everything sorted xxx

Before there are allot of folks jumping in on this thread with comments about a possible lack of EA support, I would like to point out that Nichola has to my knowledge been given and will continue to be given support by her trainer in Glasgow.

I did ask the girls at the centre if there was a class to brush up on my skills but there isnt such a class. My e/a has answered my questions but i think the problems im having need to be demod - I learn better that way.

On dear. Have they looked at your work since you finished the course? If not then you should ring them again and explain that you've even had to stop the treatments as you don't know where you're going wrong. They should really offer to see you just for an hour even and watch you do at least one nail and with their experienced eyes they'll probably know straight away where you're going wrong. In my opinion you shouldn't have to pay out yet again if they haven't even looked into the problems. When I started out in enhancements and hit a blip my trainer let me come into her salon and shadow her and we soon realised where I was going wrong, just by watching and learning. Ring them again and see what they say. X

Thanks waffle4, im just about to give them a call now :)

Nichola, I hear your frustration and I understand it, but the reality is that it takes time to learn how to structure a gel nail correctly to suit each individual client and their individual life styles. You have to continue to work hard with these clients to correct the faults and you need to change some of the things you are doing to make their enhancements work for them.

The clients themselves also have to do their part in terms of both aftercare and how they treat the nails you have given them. When you are new, it is difficult to know if the problems are on your side or with your client, or a combination of both. Confidence then becomes an issue too.

We have all been through the time of dreading clients' phone calls saying they have broken or chipped their nails. All part of the learning curve; painful but part of the process. One day it will all click into place as it has for thousands of others. In the meantime, treat every issue as it comes along and learn from it. We all learn from experience and experience takes time. Give it the time it needs and the extra help is there if you need it.

I have taught thousands of technicians ... some have taken what they have learned and run with it all the way to the top, others have never 'got it'. I'm sure you are not one of the latter but some do take longer than others.

Thanks Gigi :hug:

i think everyone at the start of their career hits a brick wall with enhancements of some sort! Mine was L&P, id do everything in my power to get people to have Brisa. I had a 1-2-1 (at the fingertips centre) I did a full set of Liquid and powder and within about 30 seconds my EA had pin pointed about 3 things that wernt right. I walked away from that 1-2-1 feeling like a different nail tech and L and P is my favourite enhancement product now.
Practice is vital though, no matter how good your education is, if you dont practice then you're not going to get any better and thats not the fault of the EAs.

Hope you get everything sorted xxx

Iv done LOOOOOADS of practice but when you dont know where you are going wrong and every set is having breakages its pretty soul destroying. Lets hope i realise where im going wrong soon :wink2:

Thats great to know the support is there, I will be in touch with my ea in the new year too as I haven't put them on my treatment list yet. Didn't expect enhancements to be easy...but didn't expect them to be as hard as they are either. Perhaps its the down side of being older and never having had enhancements of any sort, confidence is a funny thing...too much and nails can look shocking, too little and it becomes scary!!
Also, sometimes it's difficult to find family & friends to practice on too and as much as I love Geri (my geriatric, creaking nail trainer), it's not the same as practising on a real person!!

That will be really good Experience Nic to shadow a CND ambassador in their salon. Go for it, and let us know how you get on :hug: xx

Yeah, its scary stuff Beccy but I had no choice but to go for it - you should too - you might just surprise yourself :wink2: Yeah, getting someone to sit for 3 hrs is pretty hard but when its free, different story...

Nicola, it's Heather here, Customer Care Manger at the The Fingertips Centre. We want to do everything we can to help you, as we would with anyone who attends our CND Academy and has invested in the industry's best education.
I have worked out a plan of action to continue the support we want to provide for you! I'll give you a call this afternoon and I have several options for you including a potential placement shadowing a CND Ambassador in her salon in Edinburgh!
I hate to think that you are feeling like you are facing this challange alone - you are not! We are here to support you with any challanges big or small :)
Speak to you soon x

Thanks Heather, I will call you now :)

Speak to you soon x

Fabulous response Heather and a very welcome one I'm sure. :)

Let us know how you get on hun? :hug:

Just spoke to Heather from the centre, she has kindly organised for me to shadow a e/a and i will be getting help from Fee next month :biggrin: - Thank you Fingertips centre..

Just spoke to Heather from the centre, she has kindly organised for me to shadow a e/a and i will be getting help from Fee next month :biggrin: - Thank you Fingertips centre..

Brilliant! Well done, Fingertips centre. :)

Latest posts

Back