Expired nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyg

Reaction score
Ok, this might sound like a studpid question, but I work in a salon and usually sculpt my nails, but I had a client recently who I needed to use nail tips on. I noticed the expiry date on the box of tips was june 2008. I am wondering what effect this could have on her nails, if the tips will be as strong, or does the plastic break down over time? Thanks!

I've just had a look for a date on some of my boxes of tips and can't see any...
Can't say I've ever heard of tips having an expiry date on them either :confused:

Being as the tip is merely a canvas for your product I would say go ahead as normal, thinning the tips as you're blending them as it's your L+P or Gel that will give the enhancement the strength and not the tip.

hth's a bit :green:

I wouldn't have thought the tips could go out of date

Are you sure it not a batch no;? I have a sticker on my performance tips saying 1007 and im sure the velocity ones i had last year said 2007 which got me thinking what it meant??

Never noticed tips having a expiration date. Working with tips I've never had an issue with any tip not being "new" enough to work. The only thing I can think of is if the tip is cracking down the middle as you apply to the nail, then that would alert me that something could be wrong with them or they might be too old. They are made out of plastic which does dry out over time, but I would think it would be a very long time for that to occur.

I know, I've never heard of it either. Its a box of OPI Structure tips that was here when I started, and it has a stamp that says Jun 08!

Could be the date they were made

I have seen some cheap nail tips yellow and go brittle over time. I do not think this would be the case with OPI and the date I'm sure is a DOM and not a use by date. You will be fine ... use them. Never heard of or seen a use by date on a box of tips.

Latest posts

Back