Express lash application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misse82

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I am hoping somebody can advise how I do express lashes. I am trained in nouveau sp individual lashes but my sister just wants some on for two weeks over her holiday. When doing the express ones do I just put the individual lashes on without isolating not having to worry to much about two lashes sticking together but obviously trying to avoid where possible ie creating a frame then filling the lashes in? Also do I use my normal pro 5 glue? Any help would be very much appreciated xxx

Anyone? I only ask as I have read that once trained in sp I can offer the 2 week ones also. And I don't want to have to fork out a lot more money for another course only to learn a different way if applying as I've spent fortunes already. Would really appreciate an answer from someone ;)

Its been a long time since I did lashes but when we were at pro beauty we asked the question what was the difference & about glues etc. You would need a different glue thats odourless as express lashes are applied differently. I'd contact your supplier for their advice. Sorry I'm not much help as not an expert in lashes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Express lashes are applied using the same glue as your individual lashes, but without isolating, like you have said. These need to be removed after 2 weeks though, so as not to harm the natural lash.
However...why can you not just apply semi perm lashes, they last 2 weeks???

Thanks yummymummy.
Miss pink my sister would like a fuller look than I can currently achieve with sp lashes and our times are limited so was hoping this would be a better solution but just scared of clumping her lashes together or overloading them! Is there anything else i should be aware of or do I just put the lashes on as usual but without isolating? Also do you still brush them through? And if she sleeps funny on them one night will she be able to straighten them out again? Sorry for 101 questions just want to get it right. Thanks very much for your advise x

Express lashes should be applied using Pro 10 or Pro 15 glue. The client can keep there eyes open and the lower lashes are not usually taped down. If you use Pro 5 glue the fumes will be too strong. I watched a demo at Pro Beauty North and that's what the demonstrator did. HTH xx

Best way is.......
To find a training provider, and do it how they show you, obtain the right insurance, practice, once competent, off you go!

Please make sure you use the right glue it has to be odourless or will be very painful for the client, personally I don't think you get a fuller look at all from Express lashes as you are only meant to use the finer lashes as the thicker ones are too heavy to be applied this way and can damage the natural lashes, Express lash courses are relatively inexpensive and well worth doing!

Please make sure you use the right glue it has to be odourless or will be very painful for the client, personally I don't think you get a fuller look at all from Express lashes as you are only meant to use the finer lashes as the thicker ones are too heavy to be applied this way and can damage the natural lashes, Express lash courses are relatively inexpensive and well worth doing!

That depends on your training!
I was taught to do express lashes with closed eyes and use the same adhesive as regular semi-permanent lashes unless they are sensitive to it - no need for odourless glue or open eyes.
The method where you don't tape the bottom lashes down probably saves more time but it's not the ONLY way. X

Thanks yummymummy.
Miss pink my sister would like a fuller look than I can currently achieve with sp lashes and our times are limited so was hoping this would be a better solution but just scared of clumping her lashes together or overloading them! Is there anything else i should be aware of or do I just put the lashes on as usual but without isolating? Also do you still brush them through? And if she sleeps funny on them one night will she be able to straighten them out again? Sorry for 101 questions just want to get it right. Thanks very much for your advise x

No don't brush them through as they obviously aren't separated like with sp lashes so it would be very uncomfortable. x

Thanks all for your help. I feel silly asking if you brush them through now, of course you can't duh silly question. I should of asked how does the aftercare differ?
Just wanted to add that I always make sure I have the correct and best training I possibly can however on this occasion I don't want to fork out hundreds of pounds again to just to learn that all I have to do is alter what I have already been trained in. Obviously if I wanted to do volume lashes I would take on more training as I know this could be very damaging if not done correctly, but for the express lashes I feel confident with all the training that i have had already to able to do this safely and efficiently. And knowing I have asked you guys also gives me piece of mind so thanks once again xx

Thanks all for your help. I feel silly asking if you brush them through now, of course you can't duh silly question. I should of asked how does the aftercare differ?
Just wanted to add that I always make sure I have the correct and best training I possibly can however on this occasion I don't want to fork out hundreds of pounds again to just to learn that all I have to do is alter what I have already been trained in. Obviously if I wanted to do volume lashes I would take on more training as I know this could be very damaging if not done correctly, but for the express lashes I feel confident with all the training that i have had already to able to do this safely and efficiently. And knowing I have asked you guys also gives me piece of mind so thanks once again xx

I didn't mean to sound stroppy in my message. (Just re read what I wrote)
Didn't know how else to explain what I meant lol.
They went through express lashes quite briefly on my course but once you've done a set you'll get used to it in no time. Xx

And never feel silly asking for advice. That's one of the reasons SG is here for. I've learned so much more about many of the treatments I've trained in from the lovely geeks on here. :) Xx

Hey hun did you check with your insurance about express lashes? I really want to do them but same as you dont want to be paying out hundreds x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

You will need to do an express lash course the application is different and must be removed after 2 weeks.

I need some help! I am already trained in lash perfect SP lashes and want to do a course in express lashes. I was initially going to go on the lash perfect express course but then found ah Francis online course. Can anyone recommend which one or has anyone done the on line course? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of any trainers for express in the south west x

I'm trained in nouveau let's go (was blink & go) I'd highly recommend these express lash. I trained in may and had a lot of interest during the holiday/wedding season. They are more affordable for clients who just like your sister who just wants them for a holiday or special occasion. I'm expecting to have a influx during the Christmas party month. Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know of any trainers for express in the south west x

Yes beautytrix have a flirties express lash course. There are trainers everywhere and they offer a discount if already lash trained www.beautytrix.me

Nouveau are quite expensive, especially if you're already trained in cluster and strip lashes.

AH Francis online course is a bargain if you're already trained in SP lashes.

I'm going to be training with Lash Perfect and they had a great offer on recently, less than £200 for training which includes the kit.

Latest posts

Back