Express Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkgirlie

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trained in SP lash Ext's. But am thinking of also offering Express lashes as a cheaper more glam look also. Can I still use my Flirties glue? And am I right in thinking that the client sits in a chair, with eye's slightly open and just apply to top of lashes? x

Not sure about the glue but when I've had express lashes done I still lie n a bed and have my lower lashes taped so I can close my eyes, mainly because I'm horrendous at keeping my eyes still and find they water really badly if they're open!

xx

You can't use Flirties glues with any eyes open technique. It's a great glue but will make clients eyes stream if they are open.

What glue do people use for express lashes? X

Try Ardell Lashtite adhesive. It is not as strong as SP glue. You dont want cluster lashes lasting any longer than 2 weeks as they can cause damage to the natural lash. Some people do use SP glue, but i would strongly suggest the client come back to have them professionaly removed at around 2 weeks. But because you cannot police this, I would probably stick with the glue intended for clusters.

Express sets do not use cluster lashes. You use the same lashes as you would for semi-permanent lashes but they are placed differently on the lash.
I was trained using the open eye technique but I always do them with the eyes closed.
Flirties glue would be too fumey to use with the eyes open but would be fine if you have the eyes closed.
I use xflex glue from ABX beauty and when I tried this on my sister with her eyes open, they just streamed. It's fine using it with the eyes closed though.
If you are going to be doing the open-eye technique then you will need to buy a low odour glue.

Express sets do not use cluster lashes. You use the same lashes as you would for semi-permanent lashes but they are placed differently on the lash.
I was trained using the open eye technique but I always do them with the eyes closed.
Flirties glue would be too fumey to use with the eyes open but would be fine if you have the eyes closed.
I use xflex glue from ABX beauty and when I tried this on my sister with her eyes open, they just streamed. It's fine using it with the eyes closed though.
If you are going to be doing the open-eye technique then you will need to buy a low odour glue.

I think I will try the express with eyes closed and my flirties glue on a friend. How long does this method take? I'm assuming about an hour tops? x

Well they say it should take 20 mins but it usually takes me about 40 mins.

Well they say it should take 20 mins but it usually takes me about 40 mins.

What do you do? Put the longer ones on first then bulk it with the shorter ones? Also what do you charge? I was thinking about £20 to £25 for express? x

I'm confused can someone please tell me what all the different types of lashes are called??

I was under the impression that cluster lashes were express lashes?

If I do individual cluster lashes then what should they be advertised as? I don't want to give the wrong impression to people and I'm not sure clients would know what "cluster" meant?

What wording can I use?

Thanks.

I'm confused can someone please tell me what all the different types of lashes are called??

If I do individual cluster lashes then what should they be advertised as? I don't want to give the wrong impression to people and I'm not sure clients would know what "cluster" meant?

What wording can I use?

Thanks.

Hi, as far as I am aware, express lashes are the semi-permanent lashes, so one lash but instead of isolating one lash to stick one extension on, you place them on top of the lashes so will be stuck onto a couple rather than just the one and you build the lashes up until you get a glam look. x

If you want to do the treatment with open eyes i would recommend to go for the Flirties odour and fumefree adhesive so that you dont cause any irritations in your clients eyes.

I think I will try the express with eyes closed and my flirties glue on a friend. How long does this method take? I'm assuming about an hour tops? x

What wording can I use?

Thanks.

For cluster lashes you could call them 'party lashes'.
I don't do cluster lashes as I found they just don't last very long.
I do express lashes and charge £35 and this includes removal.
I then do a natural set which is 40-50 lashes per eye and charge £50.
I also do a full set for £75 which is roughly 60-80 lashes per eye and a glamour set which is 80+ lashes per eye for £100.
I know a lot of places that do a full set and only put 30 lashes per eye on!
This is just not enough and I would be mightily peed off if I paid for a full set and only got 30 LPE!

What wording can I use?

Thanks.

I call them cluster lashes, my clients seem to understand this and if they don't then I ask them to look at a picture on my Facebook page so they get the idea.
Rhiannon x

Ooops I read the question as 'party lashes' not 'express lashes'. My bad!

Friends shouldn't let friends drink & geek! :D

Latest posts

Back