Extension client wanting refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
I put a set of micro ring extensions on a client 2 weeks ago. A week later she texts me to say they keep falling out and approx 40 had came out. Thought this was strange and she was probably exaggerating. Went to her house and put them back in for her. Also tightened the others up. Went over after care again and she said she done everything I said to her.
I then get a text a few days later to say another bunch of them came out and she was away to hairdresser to see what they could do to blend them in and I'd not she will take them out.
Get a text tonight to say she took them out but wants full refund as they didn't last a week.
Iv explained that a refund isn't possible as most of her money went on buying hair.and I was at her house 3 times, consultation, fitting then fitting again.
How do I take it from here? I'm not wanting to be out of pocket when I can't get a refund on the hair. Plus she decided to take them out!
But how do I say this in the nicest possible way??

Yeah maybe, but why would she pull some out then ask me to go put them back in? I know her last set she got she took them out after 2 days!
I don't do that meny as I'm a beautician. But I'm trained in extensions but just felt I didnt want to do them after the course. Ones iv done on friends are fine. And I even do my own all the time with no problems.
So far she hasn't gotten back to me after I said I can't give refund as her money wasn't just my time but paying for the hair too. So maybe I won't get a response, just wanted to get. Some advice

I don't do hair, anyways there is someone on my Facebook who had hers done and they fell out, and was being so mean about the person on Facebook telling everyone not to get them done, it made me so mad as this person did nails and how would she feel if a nail came off, would she expect to give a refund.

You have to pay for the hair and do it takes 3/4 hours!

I do beauty and my policy is no refund, I will fix the problem for free if I feel it's my fault but the thing with our jobs is people want a nice tan or set of nails or hair for the weekend and when it's done and they have no money left they think it's ok to say the tans gone patchy or a nail or hair has fallen out.

If you know it's not your fault and you have lots of other happy clients then don't worrie

If this is a client you want to keep tell her you don't offer refund due to the tie you put in and money you spend on the hair, however you fix the problem for free. Micro ring hair will fall out if not looked after, maybe tell her you are sorry she isn't happy and offer a 10% discount if she would like to have it done again x

I know nothing about hair however all the people I know that have had extension have taken them out themselves, as they found they hurt at night lol as I said I know nothing. However you fixed them once if she went elsewhere and had them taken out that's her problem xxx

I use Micro-rings alot, but only those with silicon inside which i'm unsure if you used.

I found the ones without silicon slips more..... also, unsure if you are aware as you explained your background wasn't hairdressing, but if she tends to suffer with greasy hair i have found this method isn't suitable... depending on the clients aftercare etc, and you also have to be carefull when applying/providing maintenance.

If you are able to have explained the above to her and she was aware of positives and negatives i wouldn't give her a refund, but if it was my fault then i would refund the price i charged her for my time... as the hair she can reuse.

I have received a reply from her asking for her full money back as she feels its been a waste of money. I explained that I cant offer her a full refund as most of her money was spent on the hair which I obv cant get a refund on. She has said shes now left with hair that cant be used. But not my fault she went elsewhere to get them all taken out. If she had of waited I could of went to look at the hair again then try figure out why they are coming out.
Am I right not to offer refund? I feel bad, I would of redone again had she not went elsewhere to take them out. Not going to go to hers to fit a full set for free!

Hi

Just be careful with any service that you offer, there are always people out there wanting a free hair or beauty treatment. Ensure you have the relevant insurance too, extension insurance is approx £40. I offer an aftercare leaflet hat I give to the client if they fail to get me to remove the extensions they are not entitled to refunds etc etc
It was her decision to go elsewhere she should have waited for you to rectify the problem. The silicone rings are the best but you must make sure you press them together tightly, I get blisters on my hands as I fix them tight, if they are not pressed down tigh enough they will slip xx

Hi

Just be careful with any service that you offer, there are always people out there wanting a free hair or beauty treatment. Ensure you have the relevant insurance too, extension insurance is approx £40. I offer an aftercare leaflet that I give to the client if they fail to get me to remove the extensions they are not entitled to refunds etc etc
It was her decision to go elsewhere she should have waited for you to rectify the problem. The silicone rings are the best but you must make sure you press them together tightly, I get blisters on my hands as I fix them tight, if they are not pressed down tigh enough they will slip xx

Yeah same here. You need to have an air-tight consultation/agreement form. Mine includes everythign from aftercare to deposits and refund information.

Latest posts

Back