Eye lash question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi

I am new at doing eyelash extensions, did my training with glam lash and i am finding that some times the lashes dont stick especially on the inner corners of the eye, my friend who i trained with is having the same problem. when it happens i have used a few bit of glue from bottle and they still dont seem to stick, any advice will be welcome X

hi there,
this has happened to me a few times when I first started lashing
can I ask if you do the inner corner lashes first?

Could the inner lashes still be moist from your prep?

Have you managed to remove all traces of oil during prep?

Sounds silly but are you applying enough glue ?
(trying to work as clean as possible sometimes I was removing to much glue so the lashes would not bond)

sorry I cant be of any more help xx

hi

i always start at the outer corners so the inner corners where i have problems is always done last. think i do get plenty of glue infact if anything i use to much glue as i end up in a right mess sometimes and it gets everywhere, think i do prep properly i always clean the lashes with no oily eye make up remover and dry them before i start apply lashes X

This happened to me the other day. I would put the lash on and it would just spin round and turn the other way. I remeber my room being quite cold. I don't know if this is why but it has never happened again.
x

Sometimes the inner corners can get a little damp if the eye waters slightly, this could cause the lash not to stick properly.
I usually find when a lash turns upside down like that it is often because the extension is too heavy - either by being too thick or too long.

Hope that helps,

Jen xx

I agree with the others, sounds like a typical case of maybe watering eyes or just some barrier left on the lashes? Sometimes the finer lashes are difficult to get when you are preparing the lashes so make sure you use the primer and start on a different area to give those lashes enough time to dry properly before you apply the extensions.

Make sure room temperature and humidity are ideal for lashing. I find it helps to have an indoor thermometer and a hygrometer so I know that my environment it just right. Make sure you're using the correct diameter/thickness and length for the 'innies' if they are too long or too thick for the natural lash, they can spin as you described.

Sorry to side track a little, but Jogels what would you describe as the ideal room temperature? The reason why I ask is I work in a tanning salon where it can be very warm and I sometimes feel that my adhesive can thicken on the jade stone quite quickly x

Latest posts

Back