Eyebrow threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail2heart

Reaction score
:idea: I am going to have my eyebrows threaded this week.they are pulled with thread instead of twezzing, waxing, or shaving.Have any of you Geeks heard about this?

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Yeah. We had a Turkish Aupair that used to do it on herself all the time whe I was younger. Apparently it lasts longer. Ive never tried it though

Hi, I offer threading in my shop and it is fast becoming an alternative to waxing here in the States. and it is an Indian method to removing eyebrow lashes

Hi there

A client of mine told me about it a few years back.

She is a lecturer at University & was taking a group of students with her to remote locations overseas somewhere????? & explained lots of lil things they do for natural beauty treatments,threading eyebrows , henna for hair colour & a treacle like substance made for waxing.

Ive had threading done many times. Its supposed to be healthier for the skin than waxing but I dont know if thats true. I found waxing a lot less painful.
A mixture of boiled sugar and lemon is used to remove hair. They are both middle eastern techniques as is Henna. hth xx

threading is a long standing thing in Chicago it has mostly been done by the Indian and Egyptians communities now it is the norm here for at least least 8 years or so

Hi ya!

In the salon that I work in, there is a Persian woman that does eyebrow threading. She will only do it on certain people that she knows because I guess when she does it, she holds part of the string with her teeth and a lot of people thinks thats YUCKY.

She has said it last a lot longer than the waxing does, but it is also more painful than waxing. I guess you dont quickly rip the hairs out, but gently tug the hairs....hence causeing more pain. :eek: U-know...that's what they should do to people who get arrested, who won't talk. Thread the hairs on their toes very slowly till they do!:green:

Yeah, but the people that have had it done, don't want to go back to waxing. Good Luck and let us know what you think!

i have had it done it is not more painful than waxing at all it is about he same but More precise

I have been having my eyebrows threaded for the last 10 years in London and Birmingham.....Its great.
Its a kind of cats cradle used to pull the hair from the root....It is very precise and gives a definate shape to the brow.
Never found it particually painfull....
Sam

I had it done in Egypt recently but have had it done a few times - I found it quite painful as the bloke done my whole face!! And it was on the last day of my holiday and my hubby said it had totally stripped my tan!

I would recommend it though, as it did last longer and the pain isn't unbearable. Just eye watering!

i used to get my eyebrows threaded in my old salon.... Pam who i worked with did it and she taught me how to do it to.... altho i have only done it on my sister and on Pam before.... but its good to know... just in case!
personally i go get mine waxed now...... much quicker and im just such a wimp and get teary:cry: :lol:

Jess
xox

I've had it done once and thought it was great - would love to have it done again but there doesn't seem to be anyone round here that does it. x

One of my clients recommended me to her eyebrow threader,and she is definately Indian.My clients eyebrow looks amazing ,I have had mine waxed before and shaved just looking for a different alternative.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Sorry to go on about the middle east / asian thing but lived there & travelled about there a lot .
They have most definately got the whole hair removal thing down to a fine art.They are very dark haired as a rule plus they are classed in their culture as not clean & well to do if they are hairy( sorry to sound so base)
Threading is quite the norm in most middle eastern and Asian families and is fantastic if you ask me.
Very presice, long lasting results are acieved when done by an experienced practisioner.
Try it - you'll b surprised!
jayneym

nail2heart said:
:idea: I am going to have my eyebrows threaded this week.they are pulled with thread instead of twezzing, waxing, or shaving.Have any of you Geeks heard about this?

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Hi i had it done a month ago it was slightly painful but looked great afterwards and they didnt grow back for about 2 1/2 wks iv had them waxed now and i prefer that :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE threading, I have had it done for two years and would never go back to waxing. People are always saying how nice my eyebrows look. I go to a salon in Solihull and it only costs £5!
(it does bloody hurt though and I hate the noise!)
xx

We had a lady from Goa who used to work with us and she did threading. the results were fab and the shape she used to get on eyebrows were a lot neater than waxing. Sadly she had to go back to her country due to visa problems.

i had it done about a year ago and BOY DID IT BLOODY HURT:irked:

It Was nice a 'sharpe' shape though....may try it again at a different salon this time see if its any different !!

amb xx

I passed my diploma in threading last monday woo hoo!!!

I love it! Its very precise and doesn't hurt like waxing.

sarahj said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE threading, I have had it done for two years and would never go back to waxing. People are always saying how nice my eyebrows look. I go to a salon in Solihull and it only costs £5!
(it does bloody hurt though and I hate the noise!)
xx

I offer threading as a treatment and would recommend this any day above waxing.

However, it really shouldn't hurt ! Obviously there will be a slight twinge as ultimately you are pulling hair out by the root, but it should be less painful than waxing.

Sarah,

Where in Solihull do you have your threading done ?

River

Latest posts

Back