Eyebrow threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this thread just goes to show that different people react differently to services and the pain they cause! It hurts some more than waxing and some less....

threading sounds good to me, as I am really hate waxing...is there anyone in Newcastle area doing it??? I really want to have a go...:wink2:

I have had many clients that had threading done that say they will never do it again. However, no matter the removal system (waxing, threading, sugaring), it all comes down to technique.

As for the hair growing slower when you have threading done.. this is impossible. It doesn't matter if you tweeze, wax, sugar or thread, they are all doing the exact same thing... removing the hair with the root.

I often suggest threading as an option to my clients that can't be waxed, for whatever reason... usually those on accutane. They are happy to have an alternative.

Just to ask again, is there anyone in Newcastle area doing threading? thanks xx:hug:

I know this has be discussed on here before, but sorry, I simply don't agree with putting hot or warm wax on the delicate skin near my eyes anymore (used to have them waxed when I was younger). Some folks agree, some don't but I've heard some good arguments against and made my choice.​

I therefore have been having my eyebrows threaded for about a year, and simply love it. The regrowth is slower, finer and with wax, my skin always looked slightly 'angry' for the rest of the day....with threading, it looks and feels completely normal straight after.​

The onlt problem is I wish more people did it....or even trained in it. I'd go and train myself if I could find somewhere local doing a certified course, but currently have to travel miles to either get threading done or learn it!​
When i go and have my upper lip done after i always look like iv been drinking cherry aid!

just bumping this thread up as I'm thinking of doing a course in this next month near Leeds.

I would like to know, is it easy to do on yourself? I want to train to do this for clients but also I am facially hairy, side-moustache, mini beard, etc and keep it under control with tweezing and trimming. Would be great to be able to trim the sides of my moustache.

Does it work on the same principles as waxing, ie grows back thinner/finer and eventually have bald spots.

Hi, my sister did this course about 2 years ago and I remember it is just one day training, and no it can’t be done by yourself.

thanks.
I sound really attractive don't I! LOL:confused:

I offer threading in Bristol, it is by far my most popular treatment.some take a couple of paracetamols beforehand to ease the pain, but mostly they're fine.
Thing is it's so natural and clean, a new piece of string is used for each client.
Jules

I have had many clients that had threading done that say they will never do it again. However, no matter the removal system (waxing, threading, sugaring), it all comes down to technique.

As for the hair growing slower when you have threading done.. this is impossible. It doesn't matter if you tweeze, wax, sugar or thread, they are all doing the exact same thing... removing the hair with the root.

I often suggest threading as an option to my clients that can't be waxed, for whatever reason... usually those on accutane. They are happy to have an alternative.

I cant believe they tell people this!!! alot of my clients say the same thing!!!

Dont ask me how, but a few months ago i tried it, and my brows actually grew back QUICKER!! lol. My eyebrows really dont grow much at al, but they grew faster then ever! who knows why!!!

I agree it is down to the technique / skill. I can get the 'threaded' look from waxing and tweezing, and it will last as long as physically possible because i make sure i take out all the tiny hairs that are just out of the skin surface!

Totally agree with this logic.

Threading is fasionable at the moment, however it is an ancient technique used by asians for centuries, not a new one, it was originally practiced due to tweezers or wax not being so available to people as cotton is. The same accuracy can be achieved with tweezing. Someone who does not have the eye for shaping brows with tweezer is not going to become an expert by training in threading. :)

Having said all that a good threader is extremally skillful. It costs very little to perform as well so profits can be good with a good reputation.

It does however come with the same problems that practiioners claim you would only get from waxing and tweezing: Threading

i dont get how theyget an accurate perfect shape when the client has to stretch the skin ad effectively 'warp' the shape of the brow whilst its being worked on.

for instance, i apply the wax to the eyebrow without warping the skin, i then hold the skin taught from the outer corner and pull off the strip.

omg, look at this, im suprised she didnt rip his head off the way she pulled the strip upwards!! lol.

YouTube - Beauty Treatment

:)hi, I've had my eyebrows waxed, threaded , and done by tweezers. I find the best method is first having them threaded then by tweezers. threading is definitely uncomfortable but I don;t find it painful, depends on your pain threshold i guess.
With threading I feel results last longer, and the shape is definitely more defined, also the really short hairs come out unlike other methods. Be sure to find a good therapist with experience in threading though

I get my brows threaded all the time and i love it!!! it gives me such a better arch to what waxing ever did and i dont think it is any more painful than waxing, waxing is just over with quicker. it works fab for me cos i find i dont need to get it done as often xx

Latest posts

Back