Eyebrow tinting. Strong grey hair!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been working as a Beauty Therapist for 8 years now and have a client I really struggle with. She has an eyebrow tint every 2 weeks due to masses of grey hair. She's not what I would call an elderly client, off the top of my head I think shes 52??

Anyway, her natural hair is very fine and takes within seconds of applying tint but of course the grey is very strong and takes some tinting!!! She has been to a number of salons and everywhere she has went in the past have ended up tinting them very dark to cover the grey (naturally she has light brown hair). I am taking extra care to tint the grey by separating the hairs and tinting the grey then evening out overall at the end. I am preparing the hair by applying developer prior to tinting to soften the hair etc..

I am finding this a very time consuming job and am still left with the odd hair which will simply not tint. This is the only client I have experienced this with could anyone help?? Is there a wonderful new product I've not heard of? x x :biggrin:

Someone in the past suggested putting the hydrogen peroxide on the hairs while you prepare the tint to soften the hairs. I have had to pluck out hairs that really refuse to tint if the client has thicker brows sometimes the really wirey ones just won't tint. :hug:

The only other thing you could do - is use a lighter tint - and leave it longer and cover with cotton pads.

Even when they do take the tint just doesn't last long on them. They are just not porous enough to absorb the colour fully.

Maybe cutting the ends of the coarse ones may open the end up and some of the tint may absorb that way (just clutching at straws here LOL)

But they are a pain and sometimes these wirey hairs don't lie flat anyway so out they come (unless the loss of this grey hair leaves a gap).

hth's

Someone in the past suggested putting the hydrogen peroxide on the hairs while you prepare the tint to soften the hairs. I have had to pluck out hairs that really refuse to tint if the client has thicker brows sometimes the really wirey ones just won't tint. :hug:

I have done this before and it does work :hug:

The only other thing you could do - is use a lighter tint - and leave it longer and cover with cotton pads.

Even when they do take the tint just doesn't last long on them. They are just not porous enough to absorb the colour fully.

Maybe cutting the ends of the coarse ones may open the end up and some of the tint may absorb that way (just clutching at straws here LOL)

But they are a pain and sometimes these wirey hairs don't lie flat anyway so out they come (unless the loss of this grey hair leaves a gap).

hth's

Well I do pre lighten with peroxide but although the grey is very thick, she has overplucked over the years so am limited as to how many I can pluck. Do not want to over do it!!

I will certainly try cutting the hair though! It makes sense!

Latest posts

Back