eyebrow waxing burns!!!! help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alison87

Reaction score
hi all,hope use are well! and im looking for some advice please!

ok so...what would use say is the case of a small burn in the middle of the eyebrow if the wax is not hot atall,the wax is applied thinly,skin is taught, and client has not used sun bed or been exposed to sun!?

its really freaking me out because this isnt the first time its happened...

i know that in some cases if a client has over exfoliated or the skin is quite thin to begin with then the skin can come off quite easily... but she doesnt come across as someone who would even exfoliate...:rolleyes:

hope this has happened to some other people,because im startin to think im doin somethin...!!!

thanks xxx

I have a regular brow wax and if I go to a therapist who uses strip wax I always get a burn regardless of the brand/wax temp.. but if I have them waxed with non strip wax I never have any problems..

if the wax is not hot atall

It's very possible that it's actually a graze rather than a burn, i.e. skin has lifted, due to the wax not being hot enough.

Although I do also think that often (not always), hard wax is better for brows.

What temp is your wax at?

This is happened to me when I waxed myself and it was in the middle, but it was because my skin was really dry.

You need to make sure your wax is at the right temp and test it on your wrist before caring out all waxing treatments.

hi this has happened to me once but it was because id put too much was on d same area and it wasnt hot enough! but iv been waxing for a yr now and have never had any problems since hope that helps :smack:

I've found this on myself. I was burnt with wax on my bikini line in college by a girl who was just learning,every time I wax over that area my skin peels. If I wasn't so vain I wouldn't wax there now,but I really am so I must! Just a thought that maybe she's been burnt before and hasn't mentioned it?xxxx

When I first started waxing I had the same problem, I was making sure I did everything right but on certain clients it always always happened no matter what I did, I changed over to hot wax and it has never happened since x

I use strip wax and to me it sounds like the wax hasn't been hot enough, i've done my own eyebrows in a rush at the end of the night and turned my pot of mid wax and noticed than when i had got to the other side it had cooled down alot and resulted in my skin having a small burn like red mark.

Also i know some of my clients have very dry skin around the eyebrow area so i apply a little oil aswell as pre wax.

HTH

thanks guys, wax possibly not hot enough... x x x

Hi - Also sounds to me that the wax is removing built up layers of dead skin - get client to use a gentle exfoliator carefully in this region and then just before waxing apply a tiny layer of talc free powder (having to be PC now!) as this will stop the wax sticking to the skin so much but will not affect it sticking to the hair.

It could also be the angle you have pulled the strip off.

If it happens again and you have sorted the temperature out then I would look at your technique.

Do you use oil before applying the wax ? That will help but you will need to have the wax a bit warmer.

I think its probably happened to all of us at some point x

Latest posts

Back