Eyebrow Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MINKUS said:
hey river

where did you do your threading training and...is it as hard as it looks !

Amb xxx

I actually did my training course with VTCT, but I also had private tuition.

It takes a bit of getting used to (it's not easy, but not that difficult either)but once you've got it, you'll be away. The most difficult thing is getting your tension right, keeping a reasonable amount of distance and picking up speed !

River

Nail Chick said:
Thanks girls.

It just sounds a bit fiddly - not to mention hurty (I'm a real baby - don't like pain) and I didn't want to be adding to anyone's crows feet.

Its a lot less painful that having them plucked, its brill and only lasts a couple of seconds, there is nothing to it

Sorry to sound thick - what's threading???

Nail Chick said:

Threading is:- A natural system of removing eyebrow hair using a cotton thread, not what you would really call painful but obviously there is a temporary twinge. This system is also ideally suited to facial hair such as Lips or the side of the face.

So why is it better than tweezing??

Nail Chick said:

cause its quick, looks nice and clean, and easy and you get a better result.....in my opinion.

amb x

Nail Chick said:

Some clients dont like the feel of tweezing - they think its painful. Waxing is a far more precise and quicker treatment. Also lasts longer - hairs grow back finer....

Wont you rather them to be whipped off in a few seconds rather than to be painfully tweezed out?:p

joe90 said:
Not done a sugar from scratch - do you protect the areas you don't want to wax with vaseline? What if you take too much off/shape is poo etc etc.
at college wepracticed by drawing eyebrows on our hand & applying wax to get our confidence up. I have complete confidence now the wax will only go where I want it.

I've just started working in a gym (2nd week), and last week I did about 15 eyebrow waxes and hardly any nails! Women love having it done, its definately the most popular. I also find alot of older ladies like it done and their chins also. (Good money in waxing too)

I did my first one a couple of months ago and at first I was really scared of doing them, but the more I've done, the more confident I've become and clients have been really pleased! (I've also made my mistakes too though - but fortunately for me they ladies were fair and it didn't notice that much). I spent the next couple of weeks avoiding them and wondering if they would say anything to me (I was just going to say it was the latest fashion - lol !!)

H x

MINKUS said:
cause its quick, looks nice and clean, and easy and you get a better result.....in my opinion.

amb x

Absolutely ! Threading is just that. It really is quick and easy and gives a stunning final result, much better than waxing in my opinion.

Hair is removed from the root by a piece of thread which is twisted and pulled along the area of unwanted hair. The thread acts like a mini-lasso and lifts the hair follicle directly from the root.

River

ADiva1 said:
Some clients dont like the feel of tweezing - they think its painful. Waxing is a far more precise and quicker treatment. Also lasts longer - hairs grow back finer....

Wont you rather them to be whipped off in a few seconds rather than to be painfully tweezed out?:p

Definitely. I HATE having my eyebrows shaped!!

Latest posts

Back