Eyebrow waxings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophia91

Reaction score
I always get nervous when people book in for eyebrow waxes. im just not confident enough, does anyone else get nervous? x x

Hi Sophie, i'm not nervous about waxing eyebrows as such but do worry when I get clients with really strong black hair because for some reason my wax doesn't remove them!! I'm left feeling like a terrible therapist and have to pluck them out! Do you have this problem at all? I use Satin Smooth Lavender Creme wax which works perfectly on most of my clients.

Have you been waxing for long? x

i dont get nervous but can remember when i first started at my first job being nervous you just need plenty practice try and get lots of family and friends to practice on and you will soon become confident with it! good luck!

I was really nervous about all waxing when i first started, espesh bikini! Its true- practice practice practice and you will soon look back and wonder what you were worrying about!

When removing strong hair, try to push the hairs with the wax a bit stronger/harder- like you're training them to go where you want. Obviously not too hard lol! And when you put the wax strip on apply a bit more pressure than you may usually do to get the hairs and wax sticking well :D

Hope this helps hun x

I always get nervous when people book in for eyebrow waxes. im just not confident enough, does anyone else get nervous? x x

It's just down to practice and doing as many clients as you can. The most important thing is to appear confident, and don't let the client see that you're not confident.

One day, it'll all just click into place and you'll wonder why you worried in the first place :D

removing the hairs i find easy just the shaping the eyebrows i find difficult
and i feel terrible when a client leave unsatisfied not that its happend
alot coz most people like them, just dont wanna get in that awkward situation. I am a new beauty therapist just get so nervous coz i wanna do so well x x x

Ah Sophie you will be fine, keep us posted on your lack of nerves as the weeks go on :0)

and thanks SamBam, I do normally press quite firmly but for some reason they just don't want to budge! Mind these are people who normally have to pluck everyday as they are that prominent when they are growing through...xx

Until you become confident, make the shape in the main part of the brow with tweezers so you create a gap. The remove all of the hairs below on the eye sockets with wax. xx

I was really nervous when I started brows but persevered and now I'm grand with it - its my most popular treatment.I remember posting on here about how nervous I was!

I think taking a few minutes to calm yourself down and study the brows, it helps you to see how best to shape them. Sometimes when you are new it can be a bit dauting - but just take your time with it - I don't know if other geeks will agree but when I started I worked with the mantra that it was better to err on the side of caution and take a little less initially and then work from that.

Just make sure to support the eye area well. When you start to get it right you will feel great

better to err on the side of caution and take a little less initially and then work from that

I agree. And it's okay to work in stages. Remove a bit, show the client, remove a bit more and voila, an end result they're happy with.

You'll also get clients coming in who want a lot off or their brows done in a way that you know just won't suit them. For example, I've had women who want what I call the Apostrophe Look and I gently coax them into having something far less dramatic and more appealing to the shape of their face.

Like everything new, there's an element of nervousness that is normal. Just keep practising, observing brows around you as well as messing with your own.

I still get a bit nervous with eyebrows, although I've done quite a few now. I use both wax and tweezers. I always take off less than I think and tweeze the rest. When I think I'm done, I get the client to check to see if they want any more taken off, and just take the stragglers out with tweezers.

Its definately something that gets better the more you do.Personally I would say remove the majority with wax then define with tweezers.The reason being this,the heat from the wax opens the pores and makes the tweezering easier and less uncomfortable for the client.

I have clients who hate me using the tweezers(I am one of these)they find it quite painful,so I wouldn't ever just go right in and do most of the shaping with tweezers then wax , when somebody is booked in for waxing of the eyebrows.

I prefer to be waxed anytime over tweezering and would be most unhappy should I go to a therapist and she started to tweezer my brows when I was booked in for a wax(obviously I do my own but when I do tweezer odd ones I find my pain thresh hold is not very good)This is why I say do your main part of the brow shape with the wax first.(I always tweezer afterwards and tweek the brows into the final shape,as this shows a conscientious therapist imo)Also I always book clients in for 15 mins.

I used to get very nervous when I first qualified,we all did i'm sure,it's all a matter of time,now I thrive on seeing a mono browed Dennis Healy double because I know I can do a fab transformation.

Just take your time,best not take too much off in one go,dont re use the same wax strip,this way you wont go over hair you dont want to wax off with old wax.You can put vaseline over hair you dont want to wax off but this is a bit of a pain tbh.

I use the Clean and Easy roller wax system for the bulk of my waxing but pot and spatula for eyebrows and some other waxing, and though it does come with a small head for eyebrows I would never use it,I dont think you can get a very precise shape.I use a snapped in half spatula but you can use an orange stick for a very precise application.

Practice is important,the more you do the more you will become confident and then you will actually start to enjoy doing it as I do.

Remember if the client has any defects when you are carrying out the consultation,i.e bald patches or irregularities,to show her/him this in a mirror before carrying out any waxing and write it down on the consultation card with sig,that way you cant be blamed for this.Also if the client has a lot of white hairs this can make the end result look uneven so a tint would be a good suggestion and even them out.HTH a little.

Last edited:
I love doing eyebrows and I am relatively new to it. So many of my clients tell me that previously when they used to go for a brow wax, they were in an out within 5 minutes without much shaping/detailing carried out. I don't see how a good job can be carried out in such a short time.

I ususally assess the clients brows and how I could improve them. I wax the obvious excess. As has been said, always err on the side of caution - easy to take off/harder to put back on! After removing the excess with wax, I usually tweeze them into shape (never had any complaints yet about the use of tweezers, although I always check as I go along). I then let my client have a look at what I have done so far and ask their thoughts. I also advise them if I think more should be removed (perhaps more than they are used to) and point out what I think would be best.

I get loads of satisfaction from the transformation a simple eyebrow wax/shape can make and loads of very happy clients. Most new clients comment on the difference some small attention to detail makes. I like to allocate 10-15mins.

Relax, ejoy giving the treatment and good luck!:D

I also wax the bulk of unwanted hairs out first then i use tweezers to get the shape, i then show the client to check if they are happy with the shape or if they would like more removing.
I was the same as you when i first started and dreaded getting eyebrow waxing booked in but i think its just practise and the more you do it, it becomes easier to see what shape you want to achieve

Kayle x

aww thank you guys your advice has helped. it makes more sense to me know and im sure ill be more confident when the next eyebrow wax comes. x x x x

Latest posts

Back