Eyelash advice required!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nu_yu

Reaction score
Hey I've been doing semi lash extensions for a while now and was always under the impression it was not a good idea to double up the lashes for various reasons! I have a client coming in on fri who wants basically the jordan look! So I was thinking of 15's (this is the longest I have? With a c curl and mix with 13's and 11's to thicken! But what if this isn't enough? How would you do it?? Xx

My advice to clients who want the jordan look is simple

"buy a couple of sets of strip lashes" LOL :)

"buy a couple of sets of strip lashes" LOL :)[/QUOTE]

i agree with EllieBee

I've seen her being made up for an event and she confessed to wearing 4 sets of strip lashes- natural lashes couldn't take that kind of weight from extensions alone.
X

It's the semis she want tho! Suppose it will just depend on her natural lashes as to how many I can get on! Thanks for your replies! Xx

"buy a couple of sets of strip lashes" LOL :)

i agree with EllieBee[/QUOTE]

me too totally agree !!! Ive just finished a set and natasha asked for as full and long as poss... its on my pics xx

NuYu, do you do the express type ones that need to come off in a couple of weeks, you could do these really thick and long as they have to come off in two weeks?

Annie xx

i agree with EllieBee

me too totally agree !!! Ive just finished a set and natasha asked for as full and long as poss... its on my pics xx[/QUOTE]

Love the Cheryl pictures. Did you go longer in the middle, then shorter and then long again right at the outer? x

As you say it depends on her lashes. You will never be able to get them as thick as Jordans, but remember, even if you do them long with 15's you may want shorter than 11's to thicken them.
I have a client that wants the Jordan look-I do her lashes as thick as I can get them and then she applies a set of strip lashes!

me too totally agree !!! Ive just finished a set and natasha asked for as full and long as poss... its on my pics xx

Love the Cheryl pictures. Did you go longer in the middle, then shorter and then long again right at the outer? x[/QUOTE]

MY GOD SO HAPPY U SAID THAT....CHERYL was a nightmare. lovely lady BUT she had ocd and needed the exact number of lashes on each eye. She panicked when one fell off and was on my doorstep. Total nightmare xx

Yeah I did hun.. Her eyes were long but narrow...thought it might open them up a bit xx

To get that look with semi-permanent lashes I would do 25 or 30 thickness with 14mm/15mm - c curl.

Or you could get some "y" or "w" lashes for extra thickness x

NuYu, do you do the express type ones that need to come off in a couple of weeks, you could do these really thick and long as they have to come off in two weeks?

Annie xx

Yeah I do express but seen as it's the semis she's adamant about getting I'll just have to do what I can with what I have! Lol tbh I've had loads of clients that have asked for them to be really full and thick and have just gone with the normal routine and they have been delighted with them! I think sometimes clients under estimate how dramatic they look compared with mascara so I think Itll be ok! She's just one of those clients! Lol xx

Love the Cheryl pictures. Did you go longer in the middle, then shorter and then long again right at the outer? x

MY GOD SO HAPPY U SAID THAT....CHERYL was a nightmare. lovely lady BUT she had ocd and needed the exact number of lashes on each eye. She panicked when one fell off and was on my doorstep. Total nightmare xx

Yeah I did hun.. Her eyes were long but narrow...thought it might open them up a bit xx[/QUOTE]

They looked fab.. in fact all of your photos were fantastic. I am really new to EE but would love to eventually give my Ladies the best look for their eyes and face rather than plonk the same old lashes on every time. Do you mix your lengths on every client to give certain effects? Any advise you could give me I would really appreciate. Thanks honey x

Yeah I did hun.. Her eyes were long but narrow...thought it might open them up a bit xx

They looked fab.. in fact all of your photos were fantastic. I am really new to EE but would love to eventually give my Ladies the best look for their eyes and face rather than plonk the same old lashes on every time. Do you mix your lengths on every client to give certain effects? Any advise you could give me I would really appreciate. Thanks honey x[/QUOTE]

Im sure the others are more experienced to help... I look at their eyes, age and what they ask for. If they have small narrow eyes I do what I did with cheryl, If they are big I concentrate more on thickness.. I hate to admit it but I wing it in some ways. I design the 1st eye depending on what they want and what I think and keep track of what im using...then I copy it. I find the thinner lashes create just as good effect as a thicker one and i think they last longer xx In my opinion x

They looked fab.. in fact all of your photos were fantastic. I am really new to EE but would love to eventually give my Ladies the best look for their eyes and face rather than plonk the same old lashes on every time. Do you mix your lengths on every client to give certain effects? Any advise you could give me I would really appreciate. Thanks honey x

Im sure the others are more experienced to help... I look at their eyes, age and what they ask for. If they have small narrow eyes I do what I did with cheryl, If they are big I concentrate more on thickness.. I hate to admit it but I wing it in some ways. I design the 1st eye depending on what they want and what I think and keep track of what im using...then I copy it. I find the thinner lashes create just as good effect as a thicker one and i think they last longer xx In my opinion x[/QUOTE]

That's really useful. So far the Ladies I have done have been really pleased but I think if it's a Ladies first lashes they are always impressed as it's such a lovely suprise when they open their eyes! I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple more questions but do you do one eye first and then the other? I have tons of J lashes but rarely use them as my girls just don't like them but are they useful to use here and there to give a natural look? So sorry to keep asking things! xx

Im sure the others are more experienced to help... I look at their eyes, age and what they ask for. If they have small narrow eyes I do what I did with cheryl, If they are big I concentrate more on thickness.. I hate to admit it but I wing it in some ways. I design the 1st eye depending on what they want and what I think and keep track of what im using...then I copy it. I find the thinner lashes create just as good effect as a thicker one and i think they last longer xx In my opinion x

That's really useful. So far the Ladies I have done have been really pleased but I think if it's a Ladies first lashes they are always impressed as it's such a lovely suprise when they open their eyes! I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple more questions but do you do one eye first and then the other? I have tons of J lashes but rarely use them as my girls just don't like them but are they useful to use here and there to give a natural look? So sorry to keep asking things! xx[/QUOTE]

I used all J in rhiannons lashes....B and C in natashas, C in cheryls. I agree on a first time its a lovely surprise so anything is good lol...Ive foudn that too. BUT i did a lady who always had her done until she couldnt afford £100 anymore so came to me as im cheaper...she was impressed...ive seen her twice for infills and have her booked for the weekend too. I always do one eye first...then copy it. ALWAYS...never done it any other way. I didnt have J lashes in my kit i bought them...I LOVE THEM. i use them to fill a lot too. x

I always do one eye first...then copy it. ALWAYS...never done it any other way. I didnt have J lashes in my kit i bought them...I LOVE THEM. i use them to fill a lot too. x[/QUOTE]

PP I'm going to pick on u here.. (a friendly pick not a nasty one :p)...
What happens if ur client has to leave for some reason half way thru a set? How can u ensure u are getting symmetrical sets? (I'm still smiling and asking as a friend not a foe)

I am a lash trainer and have converted many lash stylists over to our products and wen they tell me that they do one eye and then the other I ask the questions above. But they never leave halfway thru Is the reply I get.... Until one day it happens and ur client only has one eye done uh oh!!

Have u tried the following:
Outer right eye
Outer left eye
Inner right eye
Inner left eye

That way ur lashes will be perfectly symmetrical AND they will be presentable if ur client has to leave in an emergency.
Your lashes look fab so u obviously have no probs with technique - maybe give it a try and see how u feel about it?

PP...Thank you for that... I have 4 friends who allow me to practise on them so I may ask them if I could use some J's to see what effect they give! I suppose J's and B's would work well... not sure about mixing them with C's though? Also do you mind me asking if you always use the same thickness? x

I always do one eye first...then copy it. ALWAYS...never done it any other way. I didnt have J lashes in my kit i bought them...I LOVE THEM. i use them to fill a lot too. x

PP I'm going to pick on u here.. (a friendly pick not a nasty one :p)...
What happens if ur client has to leave for some reason half way thru a set? How can u ensure u are getting symmetrical sets? (I'm still smiling and asking as a friend not a foe)

I am a lash trainer and have converted many lash stylists over to our products and wen they tell me that they do one eye and then the other I ask the questions above. But they never leave halfway thru Is the reply I get.... Until one day it happens and ur client only has one eye done uh oh!!

Have u tried the following:
Outer right eye
Outer left eye
Inner right eye
Inner left eye

That way ur lashes will be perfectly symmetrical AND they will be presentable if ur client has to leave in an emergency.
Your lashes look fab so u obviously have no probs with technique - maybe give it a try and see how u feel about it?[/QUOTE]

Good point!!! :D x

It was the way i was taught. Never thought of doing it another way. Ill give it a go for sure. Ill do it tomorrow i havr an appointment then. I must.say that having 70 lashes exactly on each eye might make them.even.numerically but not always to look at. X ill have a go and come back to u. As for leavinv.half way through..it hasnt happened. Yet x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back