Eyelash experience!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkinmoo

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Sorry but this may take awhile!.......

So I qualified in eyelash extensions recently and wanted them put back on myself to promote it. I call the lady i normally have it done with and she was going on holiday and booked me in with her newish therapist, for a really good price, so i thought bargin!!

I turned up today to have them done and the receptionist said i would be with "Name". When she came through she asked me to come through, but didn't itroduce herself. She asked me to sign the record card and said " so you've had this done before, so you know whats happening" I said yep, and got onto the couch.

I tried to start a conversation which went down like a lead ballon! She then never said another word untill the rest of the treatment, i thought i'd better not keep talking as she might still be fairly new. Then the whole way though she proceded to pick my lashes from each other where they where getting stuck and it was very painful, i felt like she was just prodding and poking my eyes!! I kept wanting to get up and just go as i was so uncomftable!!!! At the eye my eyes where stinging so much that she had to wash them out with me on my side and she poured water through them whiched helped but she also poured it all in my hair!!!! I got up paid and left cos i just wanted outta of there!!

I'm not sure if i should say anything to the mananger when she gets back, but my eyelashes are irritating my eyes where they are so close to the lash line! and i don't know if some of my lash follicals are blocked by them?? as they have never hurt before? They look good apart from my friends saying they can clearly see the glue when i look down!

Not quite sure what to do now!? Sorry to go on, but i'm not sure what to do!:cry:

Hi Munchkinmoo, sorry to hear you had a bad experience!! You need to go back and speak to the manager; it sounds as if the new therapist needs to pracitse a bit more and definately needs to improve her customer service skills. If your eyes continue to irritate then you really must seek medical advice - can you not remove the lashes as you are trained in their application yourself? This might be a safe alternative, and maybe have them replaced by your usual therapist upon her return from hols?
Hope all works out hun:)

hiya,

didnt wanna read and run like people ave done on my thread, blimey i didnt even get 1 reply, all i asked was how do i go about spray tan courses and kits ect.

ok so i dont no anything about eyelashes yet im starting a new course in beauty therapy soon lol, but i think you shud tell her manager, she obviously needs more training and by the sounds of it, her customer service skills are very bad. have a word defo.

hth

kate

Thanks girls, think i just have to be brave and speak to her although she's not back from holiday until Tuesday, so not sure if i should just remove them myself, but take pictures beforehand??

it sounds painfull , and i have seen lashes that have been welded together and itchy ect....
i can say this though, i have a lady who is Very expresionable in her facial muscles when talking, i now say when my little finger touches your cheek please dontt taklk im at a delicate stage lol... or i will be there for hours loosing the lashes id sectioned. i then talk to her indicating she can let rip again ... i would get them taken off though its awfull to have eye irritation x

im learning more and more about lashes as we speak lol, i wudnt no where to start lol. but sod that....wudnt want my eyelashes being irritaitional lol if thats how u spell it....do forgive my thickness, not only am i blonde lol (joking) but am a brand new student to beauty therapy lol, starting very soon!!!

does any1 no what i will learn with eyelashes when it comes to nvq 2 beauty therapy???

again.....sorry if my thickness pisses any1 off lol,....you gotta start somewhere lol

im learning more and more about lashes as we speak lol, i wudnt no where to start lol. but sod that....wudnt want my eyelashes being irritaitional lol if thats how u spell it....do forgive my thickness, not only am i blonde lol (joking) but am a brand new student to beauty therapy lol, starting very soon!!!

does any1 no what i will learn with eyelashes when it comes to nvq 2 beauty therapy???

again.....sorry if my thickness pisses any1 off lol,....you gotta start somewhere lol

hi . i only got taught how to perm tint tweze and apply flare lashes. i had to get another course to enable me to do individual ones, but choose carfully, my training left me with a cert yes! but had to use the whole kit to practice... and teach myself after realy. ive heard realy good reports on flirties by wow if that helps . x

Thanksa again, Think i'll take some pictures so she can see what they were like and get them off soon! :-( rubbish when i was soooo looking forward to having them again!

As a fairly new Lash Tech, I still feel I'm learning all the time and welcome any (constructive) criticism.

If I were you I would,

1) Take Pics of the lashes
2) TAKE THEM OFF
3) Go to speak to the manager on her return.

If she values you as a customer I would like to think she would redo your lashes for free/discount and make sure the other girl has some further training.

Poor You!

I'm not a lash tech but i would take pics of the lashes from as many angles as i could & go & get them removed. I think the manager will understand you HAD to remove them, firstly they were causing irritation, but also it's a bad advertisement for your business. I'm sure she wouldn't be keen to wear a crappy set of lashes for long so would understand your need to remove them.

As a fairly new Lash Tech, I still feel I'm learning all the time and welcome any (constructive) criticism.

If I were you I would,

1) Take Pics of the lashes
2) TAKE THEM OFF
3) Go to speak to the manager on her return.

If she values you as a customer I would like to think she would redo your lashes for free/discount and make sure the other girl has some further training.

Poor You!

DO NOT REMOVE THEM YOURSELF

You will only cause more damage and will probably irritate your eyes even more. You must go back to the salon or another salon to get them removed properly.

The same reason a qualified lash technician shouldn't apply them to themselves. Because it's near impossible, and dangerous! Especially with surgical grade adhesive. It needs to be something pretty strong in the remover to take them off. I've done so many sets of lashes I can't keep count, but I sure as hell couldn't apply them on myself.

There's a possibility you could get the adhesive remover in your eyes for starters. Do you really want that? I wouldn't. It takes time and care otherwise you could seriously damage the eyelashes - and your eye!

Besides, if there's someone out there who put the eyelashes on that bad that they have to be take off, they should be the ones to remove them and put you right. Especially from a customer service point of view.

They need to see the mistake that they have made, and they can't do that if you've removed them. Think how you'd feel if you put some eyelashes on someone and they came back with them removed saying they wanted a refund or another set? I'd want the chance to put them right, and also see what I've done.

Hi there,

It really was so painful having them done i would never want her near my eyes again to be honest. I'm Paying to have them removed as they have continually been irritating my eyes. I'd rather be free of them then ever go back to he salon.

Thanks for all the advice though :hug: :)

I had a very similar experience

I had eyelash extensions from Aug 09-Dec09. Around xmas time the lady I usually use was too busy so recommended a friend. I went to her, and all was well and I was really pleased. The next day my eyelids had swollen and my eyes were SO itchy. I thought maybe she had used a different glue and it would go down. It got so much worse and I had to leave work and go home to remove them myself (I'm a qualified lash technician).

When she was doing my lashes I asked her what glue she was using, and it was lash perfect- I can't imagine that lash perfect glue on it's own would cause such an awful reaction, the glue that my usual lady had been using was the strongest fumiest glue and my eyes were absolutely fine! I found out she had trained with lash perfect and the glue was about a year old...

So then any glue I used made my eyes swell- even when I was doing other people's lashes I had to wear goggles! I even tried an organic glue on my eyes and they flared up again. I can never have eyelash extensions again so in my experience, get them off ASAP to minimise the reaction!!

Oh no! Bless you, I have just come back from having them removed and they feel so much better getting them off, the lady had said they were stuck to my lash line, which we all know can cause infection!!!! :eek:

So going back to speak to manager to get a refund as i really don't want them back on at the mo!

Sorry to hear your horror story!

Latest posts

Back