Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
i had some applied yesterday at work, and boy this morning they were so damm irritating, are they supposed to be as scratchy as they were. i thought it may be due to too much adhesive being used..............

when i woke up this morning, one eye was missing all the extensions, but the other eye only had one missing, so i used oil and got the rest off, it felt like i had grit on my eyes. i can only put this down to the adhesive thought.

ps. they werent the "single" eyelashes , they were the ones that come in 3 lashes to one clump (iykwim)

any views would be grateful

:hug:

oooo that sounds painful, you poor love!
Right, did they do a patch test for the adhesive? It sounds to me as if when they were applied they were either stuck to your eyelids or that some of the glue got onto your skin. Katelisa did a really good tutorial on how to apply these little bundles. Make sure you let them know at work so they can check their stock.
Hope it eases soon flower!

Do you wear contacts? I get that sometimes where my eye waters or just sticks together completly and gunks up for the first few days of wear.

I now only use the latex glue as I find its softer and less irritating and lasts longer. I also don't get gunky eyes.

I have given my eyes a break for two months now from lashes because I scratched my retina taking my contacts our and my eyes have been irritated since. I am putting the majority of the irritation down to the radiators being on as its making my skin dry and irritated too.

Give latex a go and see if its any better, I know it works for me.

Kate xx

Do you wear contacts? I get that sometimes where my eye waters or just sticks together completly and gunks up for the first few days of wear.

I now only use the latex glue as I find its softer and less irritating and lasts longer. I also don't get gunky eyes.

I have given my eyes a break for two months now from lashes because I scratched my retina taking my contacts our and my eyes have been irritated since. I am putting the majority of the irritation down to the radiators being on as its making my skin dry and irritated too.

Give latex a go and see if its any better, I know it works for me.

Kate xx

no i dont wear contact flower - where can i get the latex glue from?

:hug:

Latex glue is used for temporary strip lashes. When someone does eyelash extensions they go through your lashes one by one with two sets of tweezers and apply a single lash to the lash itself. Clusters are not used in a salon under eyelash extensions these are usually classified as artificial lashes. Although clusters are used with a semi permanent adhesive they have the bulbs at the base. These are great and last a few weeks but are bulkier at the base and because the formation of the cluster is predetermined they do not always blend well with the customers own lashes.

Here is a link to a eyelash extension website Eyelash Extensions by Xtreme Lashes® | Before After Photos.

Take a look at this video YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. the girls name is eyelashextensions and the name of the video is Eyelash Extensions by Lavish Lashes she shows a perfect application.

Wow these look great. They are soooo fiddly!! She must have the patience of a saint to work like this all day!!!! Respect.

Julie

Last edited:
Wow these look great. They are soooo fiddly!! She must have the patience of a saint to work like this all day!!!! Respect.

Julie

It is a very time-consuming and skillful job (if done properly), and I think you will find a big difference if you try the full individual semi-permanent eyelash extensions. I certainly have never come across a client who found the Bond (adhesive) itchy in any way. There are, of course, many companies who supply and train, and also many therapists with differing skill levels and experience.

oooo that sounds painful, you poor love!
Right, did they do a patch test for the adhesive? It sounds to me as if when they were applied they were either stuck to your eyelids or that some of the glue got onto your skin. Katelisa did a really good tutorial on how to apply these little bundles. Make sure you let them know at work so they can check their stock.
Hope it eases soon flower!

I'd love to see Katelisa's tutorial but i can't seem to find it. Perhaps you could lead me to it. Thanks

I have heard that some adhesives leave the lashes 'crispier' than other adhesives. I'll be first to admit they are indeed very time consuming. It takes alot of practice to do these correctly and to create the perfect shape and symmetry.

Latest posts

Back