Fab Fabric#

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateyork1

CND Grand Master Geek!!!
Reaction score
Hi there all, just thought I'd let you know I've been on my Fabric# Induction today and I think it's fab!! Was a great course and am really loving the Fabric#. Going to go and do my own in a bit - I think it must be so much easier to do your own with that than L&P.

Also, thanks to Debs (aka Mamma) for being my model - was a great help, nice to have met you aswell. Hope your journey back was okay. xx

Hiya Kate

Hope you got back ok. Got to say i'm loving it too - it's so easy to use isn't it!!

lou said:
Hiya Kate

Hope you got back ok. Got to say i'm loving it too - it's so easy to use isn't it!!

Yeah, it seems to be - just doing mine now!! xx

Fabric# rocks big time doesn't it...........flat fibreglass nails are a thing of the past with this little system xxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Fabric# rocks big time doesn't it...........flat fibreglass nails are a thing of the past with this little system xxxx

Doesn't it just! I hear your pretty much the queen of Fabric# babes?! Could do with a day watching someone like you at work. xx

Ruth is amazing at the Fabric. A session with Ruth is certainly worth the journey!

I have to say that my journey was definately worth it and you seem to be a natural.

My nails are lovely, if i could find my lead for my camera i would take picture...lol:biggrin:

Well done Kate - wow its all over - only the other day you posted for your model! XXX

mamma said:
I have to say that my journey was definately worth it and you seem to be a natural.

My nails are lovely, if i could find my lead for my camera i would take picture...lol:biggrin:

Ah thanks babes - glad you like them. I am having the same problem at the moment, can't find the lead for my camera (god knows where it's gone - if he does I wish he'd tell me cos I've been looking for it for about 2 weeks now!!). I just tried to PM you back but your inbox was full hun - get it emptied! xx

ADiva1 said:
Well done Kate - wow its all over - only the other day you posted for your model! XXX

I know - and I'm so excited still, love the Fabric# and I've got my Brisa in 2 weeks!! I'm loving all this training - thanks Cuticles, couldn't have done it without you! xx

booked onto my induction in march! wish ot would hurry up! anyway bought a starter kit and found that when using the spray on blast it's causing me to cough would it be too much of a prob if i used the brush on blast instead as i seem to be ok with this?:?:

louwesley said:
booked onto my induction in march! wish ot would hurry up! anyway bought a starter kit and found that when using the spray on blast it's causing me to cough would it be too much of a prob if i used the brush on blast instead as i seem to be ok with this?:?:

Brush on Blast is not the same as the spray and works much slower PLUS it will make your brush go rock solid. I do not recommend it.

One spray is sufficient for each hand. You must be using too much.
Get the client to make a 'dead spider' of her hand on the towel. Place your hand above her nails to direct the spray downward and give one or 2 short blasts. If really affected by this tiny amount of spray, then wear a mask.

so pleased for you Kate, Fabric# is an excellent system to use, i love it :)

Lou.. are you in a well ventilated area when you spray your activator? maybe you're spraying too much and that's what's causing your cough.
try spraying at a distance (arms length away from your face) and see if it helps.
x

i'll try that but i always wear a mask any way

You will find that a dust mask will not have much effect on vapours, they will cling to the paper type material.... if you want to block vapours you will need a vapour mask...these type of mask are designed to filter the vapours... try B&Q for these, paint sprayers use them.... not a very fetching look but they do the trick if the vapours are bothering you....But great ventilation is always needed specialy when you spray anything as the vapours are carried further distance in the air then say an activator or product that is brushed on.....
One thing you can try is this.... apply one coat of build and let it air dry for a few minutes,so it is almost cured, then apply your boost resin and then use the brush on blast to spread the boost bead evenly on top of the tacky build, this will slow cure both coatings in one go...paying special attention to get a nice level finish and no product has soft tissue contact..then tidy up your edges and proceed with another layer of boost and then buff to a finish.....
I have done this in an emergency when I had run out of Blast spray acivator....

HTH

Latest posts

Back