Facebook, new info!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
I have a fb page as a 'friend' when I first opened. I set it up as a friend page because I could add people from the area I was in and it was a form of advertising.

So this morning I got an email from a client saying she is deleting all the 'business' as friends' as it is against fb rules so I replyed and said thank you for letting me know, we recently set up a 'like' page and it's just a matter of time before we get everyone transfered'.

She sent me back a message with this link

Facebook Pages: Bugs and known issues - Facebook Help Centre | Facebook

Click on 'how to change my personal account to a facebook page'.

Well, done that and guess what, my 1549 'friends' now 'like' my page!

I just wanted to share this with all of you especially if your not sure which to set up. Do the friends one, add everyone you can, then convert!

I'm going to buy that client a bottle of wine!

Do you know our local College had Facebook on their list of courses and I laughed when I saw it... I really think I should have skipped those Spanish lessons now and done the Facebook one instead :lol:

Very useful info... thanks a mill for sharing :hug:

Do you know our local College had Facebook on their list of courses and I laughed when I saw it... I really think I should have skipped those Spanish lessons now and done the Facebook one instead :lol:

Very useful info... thanks a mill for sharing :hug:

Oh stop that's so funny. Facebook will take you further than spanish in fairness :lol:. It's amazing the amount you can do, just all a bit confusing when you don't know how!

Oh stop that's so funny. Facebook will take you further than spanish in fairness :lol:. It's amazing the amount you can do, just all a bit confusing when you don't know how!

Todavía no puedo hablar español :lol:.. I'll be fluent in facebook thanks to this site though! :green:

Todavía no puedo hablar español :lol:.. I'll be fluent in facebook thanks to this site though! :green:

Well you dont need to speak different languages anymore after google translate! All these new devices are making us learn less! :lol:

Well you dont need to speak different languages anymore after google translate! All these new devices are making us learn less! :lol:

Errm how else do you think I was able to say the above? he he he!! :lol:

I really should have studied more, but I was too busy Geeking.... not may fault!!

Thanks for the heads up hun! very helpful :) I'll be converting my page when i can get on the laptop xxx

Thanks for the heads up hun! very helpful :) I'll be converting my page when i can get on the laptop xxx

No prob hun, i was so grateful when m client told me, it looks so good having over 1000 likes! So hard to get likes otherwise!xx

Hey I currently have a business page and a personal page. I'm struggling to get likes too. If I closed my current business page, then converted my personal page to business would I still have a personal page? Or does it delete the personal page? Did that make sense? Lol xx

Hey I currently have a business page and a personal page. I'm struggling to get likes too. If I closed my current business page, then converted my personal page to business would I still have a personal page? Or does it delete the personal page? Did that make sense? Lol xx

I had to read that a few time to get it :) No you cant combine pages (as far as I know). But I think you can convert your 'like' page to a 'person' page, add everyone from your area then change back. That or just set up a 'person' page and start from there. I had about 1000 friends in about 2 weeks, just kept adding everyone! Then change over to likes. I think Im confusing things now :Love:xx

Yes I'm interested to know this too. Did you find out when this will happen?

I have a fb page as a 'friend' when I first opened. I set it up as a friend page because I could add people from the area I was in and it was a form of advertising.

So this morning I got an email from a client saying she is deleting all the 'business' as friends' as it is against fb rules so I replyed and said thank you for letting me know, we recently set up a 'like' page and it's just a matter of time before we get everyone transfered'.

She sent me back a message with this link

Facebook Pages: Bugs and known issues - Facebook Help Centre | Facebook

Click on 'how to change my personal account to a facebook page'.

Well, done that and guess what, my 1549 'friends' now 'like' my page!

I just wanted to share this with all of you especially if your not sure which to set up. Do the friends one, add everyone you can, then convert!

I'm going to buy that client a bottle of wine!

Thanks for sharing!! x

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

was just pondering on this subject myself.. i have a busines page.. so only have likes.. which are increasing.. but i also have people wanting me to pm them .. which i can only do fro my personal account.. is it better to get a friend page or a group page.. can you email from a group page.. does anyone know.. am trying to keep my business and personal accounts seperate..

Sarah x

Thanks for the info, I didnt even know having a business as a "person" wasnt allowed! I set up as a "person" because I totally want my personal and business 100% seperate.
I've done a offer offering everyone thats adds me as a friend 10% off. Hmm not sure now how I'll do that if I change to a page that everyone has to "like". Can you see/keep track of people that "like" you?
x

What about Groups?

What about Groups?

To Sarah and Sophie,

I dont know, Ive never done a group but I couldnt find an option to change from a 'person page' to a group, just the fan page. You cant send private messages so they just have to email or phone you. Also you cant check who likes you, well either you cant or I havnt figured it out yet :wink2: I changed over because I heard a few peoples pages being shut down because your not aloud set up a personal account for a business so I changed before I lost everyone! xx

Thanks for the info, I didnt even know having a business as a "person" wasnt allowed! I set up as a "person" because I totally want my personal and business 100% seperate.
I've done a offer offering everyone thats adds me as a friend 10% off. Hmm not sure now how I'll do that if I change to a page that everyone has to "like". Can you see/keep track of people that "like" you?
x

Well it's not aloud but you have to bend the rules to get the numbers up :biggrin: I have my own personal one set up also, 2 different accounts set up off 2 different emails, id never let my clients see my personal fb, too many bad pictures, they think Im an angel :lol:

To Sarah and Sophie,

I dont know, Ive never done a group but I couldnt find an option to change from a 'person page' to a group, just the fan page. You cant send private messages so they just have to email or phone you. Also you cant check who likes you, well either you cant or I havnt figured it out yet :wink2: I changed over because I heard a few peoples pages being shut down because your not aloud set up a personal account for a business so I changed before I lost everyone! xx

Hi, on your business Facebook page at the top where it says xx likes OR xx like this (something like that) just click on it and it will being up the whole list of people who like your page :) x

Hi, on your business Facebook page at the top where it says xx likes OR xx like this (something like that) just click on it and it will being up the whole list of people who like your page :) x

I was just about to say this. When you are on your business 'like' page, look on the left at how many likes you have and there is a link. Click this and on the right just above the graph, near where it says "People Who Like Your Page (Demographics and Location)" there is a 'See Likes' link. This will list the people who have liked your page.

Latest posts

Back