Facebook Tabs - an amazing feature few use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalonGuru

Reaction score
For those salons that have Facebook pages the most important task is always building their number of fans.

If we want new clients to "like" us it can be really difficult to "stand out from the crowd" from all the other local salons that also have a facebook page.

Click here to see an image of a "typical" salon page - be patient its a big image and you may need to click to enlarge once open.

It's OK as a basic salon page - but it needs a better logo and the messages need some work.

Now look at this Wow!! That salon page does not look like Facebook l!

This is clever use of the Tabs feature, and "non-fans" can see a different welcome page than those who are already your fans.

This eye-catching and interesting page has a prompt to "like", great images and a voucher offer.

Tabs can contain all sorts of competitions, quizzes, videos, image galleries - and a lot more. And they do not break andy Facebook rules :!:

If you need help with your Facebook page I am offering my help FREE of charge to the 1st five salons that contact me.

I am an expert speaker at Professional Hairdresser Live in April and need some more good salon pages as references. More info on what I will provide for free here

Wow that was fast :p

OK I will give you all the help you need to boost your page. Pop over to my website and register on this page and we can get started on Monday.

Hopefully you will get a better page and more clients and I will get another great salon page to talk about in Manchester in April.

Yes please looks amazing

www.fuzionextensions.co.uk
There's a link to my Facebook page from there.

Many thanks

Sharon

Thanks for such prompt interest - that page is pretty amazing and could replace the need for salon websites :rolleyes:

Please pop over to this page on my site to register your interest and we can take it from there next week.

There is no charge or commitment of any kind by asking for my help.

I just ask that you tell other forum readers about the progress we make in the weeks to come.

Ooh how did you do this?

I'm sooo interested in this!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I am very interested do you have your 5 already?

I have 6 regsitered via the sign-up form here

I will help as many as physically possible over the next 4 weeks - so get in quick :)

If I get to the point of having too much work then everyone also gets the free guides on creating a better page and getting more fans.

Hey Salon Guru,

I have just responded so I am out of the 5 but I am hoping as a "fresh start" you might be interested in giving me a hand. :biggrin:

Ta Claire.

Hi thre, it certainly does make a huge difference!!!! here is my FB business page, if you do have time would so appreciate any help or advice you may be able to share,t hankx! xx ruth

Blossom Beauty, nail technician | Facebook

What a lovely gesture, I think I am too late but will sign up anyway.

Thank you

So you can see how this works I have set up a test page on my own facebook page.

When you arrive as a "non-fan" you land on the welcome tab with a strong message to "like" the page. This can be any image, text or video. I quickly made a sample this morning.

When you "like" the page it immediately changes to messages, images and text you want to present to "fans".

These pages can include some recent comments, vouchers to download, videos... the list is pretty endless.

So go here and see the "non-fan" welcome

Click "like" and then see the "fan" promotions.

Unlike to see the welcome page again

Just a quick mock-up so you can see it in action

WOW very impressive

Thanks for such prompt interest - that page is pretty amazing and could replace the need for salon websites :rolleyes:

Please pop over to this page on my site to register your interest and we can take it from there next week.

There is no charge or commitment of any kind by asking for my help.

I just ask that you tell other forum readers about the progress we make in the weeks to come.
will do for sure, many thanks!:biggrin:

WOW :biggrin: I've just signed up too, any help would be very much appreciated

I definately need help, my page doesn't even look like the others!!!
How do you get the tabs at the top to start with so that I can have a Welcome one? I dont really know how to use Facebook properly. NEED HELP!!
NailsXpress:rolleyes:

Oh. yep, found that now. Need to have a guide to it all.

I have had acrtain degree of success with this but not on the scale of the very impressive page already seen.

My Fan page is here

I basically linked to an existing picture on my website whichi created specially for facebook however I know there are editors which will help you along the way.

For those who are too late for the guru to help......what you will need to get started is to get a facebook app called FBML (or Static FBML)....its been so long since i looked up how to do this!!

Im sure the Salon Guru will offer advice on here etc to everyone, but if I can help in any way, ill do my best to offer advice etc

How do I make a Fanpage? Cant find it in the help section of facebook.
Sorry for being a dim in this. I can create web pages but not done anything with Facebook before.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back