Facebook Tabs - an amazing feature few use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for such a positive response.

If you have registered via my page here then I will be emailing you all shortly with some questions and then we can get started on Monday :biggrin:

There are 21 salons resgistered so far so I am going to be busy - but everyone will get the help they need - just bear with me for a few days.

Apparently I need 25 fans to have a Username. Please can you like my page so that I can do this. Hope it makes sense. Its new to me.:biggrin:

I would love your help on this please

One of the problems of Google searches is that you get conflicting answers to your question "how do I set up a facebook page for my business"

Well from the horses mouth (facebook) here is the answer -
https://facebook-inc.box.net/shared/9e5jiyl843

I should have my step-by-step guides ready tommorrow and will send them to anyone that has requested them here

I have had acrtain degree of success with this but not on the scale of the very impressive page already seen.

My Fan page is here

I basically linked to an existing picture on my website whichi created specially for facebook however I know there are editors which will help you along the way.

For those who are too late for the guru to help......what you will need to get started is to get a facebook app called FBML (or Static FBML)....its been so long since i looked up how to do this!!

Im sure the Salon Guru will offer advice on here etc to everyone, but if I can help in any way, ill do my best to offer advice etc

I have taken a sneak peak at your fb page and I love it, so many ideas I would love to know how you managed to get the mozaic affect for your profile pic, all the tabs down the side and the big picture on your welcome page. Well done, first class. I'm not html/fbml literate so all this is so confusing lol

I have taken a sneak peak at your fb page and I love it, so many ideas I would love to know how you managed to get the mozaic affect for your profile pic, all the tabs down the side and the big picture on your welcome page. Well done, first class. I'm not html/fbml literate so all this is so confusing lol

Hiya,

Thankyou very much for your comments! I really appreciate it!

The mosaic effect was done using a photo editor....most photo editor have similar special effect i think.

The tabs down the side were mostly there apart from the Static FBML "Welcome" and "Refer a Friend!". As I said before, its a while since I installed the Static FBML on Facebook, but from memory, its quite easy.....once you have your facebook fan page, type into the search box "Static FBML" and install the app. I think the trick then is to go back to your fan pagfe and click your edit button....there should be an option to use the Static FBML.

The next part is putting the code in to appear how you want it. There is some basic info on google if you search for "FBML basic code". I cheated a little as my "price list" is just an image on my website.....i basically just asked facebook to show it using FBML

If u need any specific help, inbox me

would love some help really not up on computers my page is glamour rock's beauty salon:biggrin:....but understand if your too busy your page looks amazing.

wow that is fantasic if you have any time left I would love some help.
Thank you

I would love more info on how to do this as well :( I'm sure you have 5 people already tho.

I have been working all day on the 3 guides to creating, managing and promoting your Salon facebook page.

I plan to have them all finished tomorrow and sent out to anyone that asked for help here.

The hands-on personal help may be not possible for everyone as 36 have registered already.

It is going to be a long night. :biggrin:

What a kind person you are!
Gx

I've lost count of the amount of sleepless nights trying to sort website and FB!
I would very much appreciate any assistance.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

I know you're probably too busy but i've subscribed....thanks x

The 1st 3 guides are now ready and I have sent an email and link to the 49 salons that requested them.

Guide 4 - more advanced facebook features will be ready later.

Anyone now can now request the free guides and get them automatically emailed to them here

dont know if i am too late but i registered too , looks amazing x

Wowzers! Those FB pages you gave as an example earlier are amazing!

I've subscribed to your guides and can't wait to get going (hope they are worded very simply as "some" geeks on here aren't very technical).

Am I one of these simple geeks? Ab-so-lute-ly!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:
Lashes and Taches | Facebook

As you read the guides and make changes I would love to see your new pages.

Bigger logos, snappier messages - and most of all new fans!

So post links to your pages so we can all see how easy it is :rolleyes:

The 1st 3 guides are now ready and I have sent an email and link to the 49 salons that requested them.

Guide 4 - more advanced facebook features will be ready later.

Anyone now can now request the free guides and get them automatically emailed to them here

This is the bit I'm looking forward to :)
I'd really like to know how to set up shop tabs & how to get people to sign up to your salon newsletter

This is the bit I'm looking forward to :)
I'd really like to know how to set up shop tabs & how to get people to sign up to your salon newsletter

How do you know what is in step 4????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back