Fake bake troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaza

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just added tanning in my salon and when researching the best natural looking tan to use, most recommended fake bake.

I have purchased both original and darkest and find that the clients that want me to use the darkest formula, dont go dark enough!

I find that I have to do a double spray on them before they are dark enough!

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just that Im expecting it to come out too dark?

Thanks in advance!

x x

Have you tried tan enhancement booster drops which you can add to increase the overall DHA percentage as a means to resolve this problem?

Hi.

I'm not sure how long you have been tanning for, so forgive me if I appear to sound rude, but have it can also depend on how close you hold the gun to the body also. Obviously the closer you hold it the more intense the colour.

Hi collin,

No I havn't tried that yet...suppose I should then! Do you know if Fake bake has the drops, or will any other brand do the job?

Hi collin,

No I havn't tried that yet...suppose I should then! Do you know if Fake bake has the drops, or will any other brand do the job?

DHA is DHA so most will do the trick although its definatley best to stay with the brand you use.

To be fair glam is right...are you applying enough solution also??

Hi glamouricious,

I have been tanning for 2 years...1 yr in another beauty salon, and the other year in my own salon.

I spray at a good distance....not too far not too close....I just find that the darkest formula, isnt dark enough, and may need like collin suggested, enhancement booster drops.

Hi glamouricious,

I have been tanning for 2 years...1 yr in another beauty salon, and the other year in my own salon.

I spray at a good distance....not too far not too close....I just find that the darkest formula, isnt dark enough, and may need like collin suggested, enhancement booster drops.

what is the amount of solution Fake Bake recommend per full body....just out of interest as I don't know :eek:

It actually doesnt say on the bottle how much to use...it only say's to use specific products to exfoliate prior and at what distance to spray, drying time, and after care!

Im not stingy when it comes to tanning as I want my clients to be happy with their tan, so if I have to fill up my bottle twice, I will! I just find it annoying that the darkest formula, isnt much darker than the original....maybe I should look for another darker tan or use the drops as you said?!

Don't do spray tanning, but do use FB Gold. I seem to recall that they do an Extreme product - do they do this in the spray version?
When I asked about the DHA %age they say that they disclose the specific figure so I think you might struggle to get that out of them!
You could always have a chat with your rep too - after all they should be there for such issues, not just trying to sell you stuff!

It actually doesnt say on the bottle how much to use...it only say's to use specific products to exfoliate prior and at what distance to spray, drying time, and after care!

Im not stingy when it comes to tanning as I want my clients to be happy with their tan, so if I have to fill up my bottle twice, I will! I just find it annoying that the darkest formula, isnt much darker than the original....maybe I should look for another darker tan or use the drops as you said?!

What recommended volume of solution was made on their training program?

It sounds to me that the best route would be to give the intensity drops atry..low cost option and could well do the trick for you.
Do let us know how you get on :hug:

when i did my training i'm sure i was told that it was 8 sprays out of one bottle. wasn't impressed with the training tho and i get about 14 sprays per bottle. Much prefer celebrity secrets as it's a nice natural colour. i also use coco bay as everyone likes different solutions. the younger ones tend to go for fake bake. best to have a few different ones i think. haven't tried any others so can't comment but if anyone wants to send any samples!!:lol:

when i did my training i'm sure i was told that it was 8 sprays out of one bottle. wasn't impressed with the training tho and i get about 14 sprays per bottle. Much prefer celebrity secrets as it's a nice natural colour. i also use coco bay as everyone likes different solutions. the younger ones tend to go for fake bake. best to have a few different ones i think. haven't tried any others so can't comment but if anyone wants to send any samples!!:lol:

I have been told that you are supposed to get about 15 sprays out of one bottle of fake bake, which sounds about right!

What recommended volume of solution was made on their training program?

It sounds to me that the best route would be to give the intensity drops atry..low cost option and could well do the trick for you.
Do let us know how you get on :hug:

I wasnt trainned with fake bake...I was trainned with Fantasy tan. I have called my rep and they dont have booster drops, so will have to try another brand of drops....

Don't do spray tanning, but do use FB Gold. I seem to recall that they do an Extreme product - do they do this in the spray version?
When I asked about the DHA %age they say that they disclose the specific figure so I think you might struggle to get that out of them!
You could always have a chat with your rep too - after all they should be there for such issues, not just trying to sell you stuff!

The only products they have available in a salon spray version is original and darkest formulas.

I have been told that you are supposed to get about 15 sprays out of one bottle of fake bake, which sounds about right!

Different manufacturers/brands will all quote different amounts however in general terms you can turn out a good tan using between 25-45ml (40-22 tans)dependent on the quality of the solution and the depth of tan your customer is looking for and the level of overspray...in reality around 35ml is pretty good target to acheive.

If you are using 66ml that's quiet a lot,not a massive amount however more than enough and clearly the tan outcome cant really get any darker for you I.E it isn't the lack of solution causing your problem,

It therefore follows that it is purely your customers desire to have a darker tan than the solution being used can produce.

Sounds like the intensifier booster drops or a higher DHA % solution with a darker base tone would resolve your customers problem.

I have two customers in particular who want to go darker every time they come...its like an addiction for them! :p

I get 15 sprays as recommended by Fake bake, per bottle, so I am using the recommended amount....My Fake bake rep thinks it may be my air gun nozzle, that it is on too tight not allowing much product to go through, thus having me do a 2nd spray...makes sense to me!

Will still try the booster drops though!

Thanks for all your advice!

Latest posts

Back