false eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
I am interested in using false eyelashes ...you know just the ones that you buy from any kind of store..? are they easy to use? just curious! :lol:

I have used the individual ones. They come in various lengths so you can tailor make them to suit you or your client. Just dip the bulb of the lash in a small amount of glue and apply the lash with a tweezer. Once you get the hang of it its easy.

The eyes look fab too.

HTH's:hug:

they are simple enough, it's definatly not rocket science!! Tweezers are the easiest way to stick em on!

Have you guys ever seen or heard of those jewelled eyelashes and where I can get them from? I always mess mine up when I apply them, so I go to the salon every now and then to have them done:eek:

Have you guys ever seen or heard of those jewelled eyelashes and where I can get them from? I always mess mine up when I apply them, so I go to the salon every now and then to have them done:eek:

I got some for my daughter from boots at Christmas!

personally I can't apply them, i look absolutely ridiculous, drunk infact!

I leave it to the professionals!

Teri x:hug:

just a word of warning, if you do your own then make sure you patch test the adhesive behind your ear first 24 hours before applying. Would hate for you to have an allergic reaction to it, it's what should happen if you have them done in a salon.

i use false eyelashes by salon systems

i prefer to use the individual ones as apposed to the strips ones

although strip lashes are easier to apply but if you want a more natural look i prefer the individual ones

I got some for my daughter from boots at Christmas!

personally I can't apply them, i look absolutely ridiculous, drunk infact!

I leave it to the professionals!

Teri x:hug:

LMAO your post made me laugh....I remember once I wore the full lashes and I couldn't understand why my mates asked how many drinks I had had??ended up drinking one of the buggers lol didn't wear them again. I had visions of my eyelids stuck to my eyebrows at one point, fiddly feckers hehehe

just a word of warning, if you do your own then make sure you patch test the adhesive behind your ear first 24 hours before applying. Would hate for you to have an allergic reaction to it, it's what should happen if you have them done in a salon.

Sass is so right a friend had a nasty reaction to the adhesive and it wasn't nice. Took a long time for it to stop hurting too.

Yeah, I suggest the individual lashes, as you can get them in different lengths, I had to get 3 different lengths to work out the right one for myself!!! lol
hth

I am interested in using false eyelashes ...you know just the ones that you buy from any kind of store..? are they easy to use? just curious! :lol:
Hi ya,
False lashes are really easy to use!! Maybe take a few times to get used to applying them.
The strip lashes can be applied in minutes and individual lashes can take around an hour and are a little more fiddly!! Ardell, Andrea and Elise lashes are great quality and 100% human hair!! A great website for lashes is eyebeauty.co.uk false eyelashes and false eyelash products.
There is a discount code for a 5% discount at the moment~ la5hes

How long do the individual lashes last?

How long do the individual lashes last?
Depends really,they can last about 3 days,with me I have big allergy probs with my eyes so end up scratching.Last time I did the individual lashes on myself I ended up with half missing and the other half stuck together, by the very next morning.lol.Looked horrendous.:green:

If you can leave well alone they will last,you must use oil free make up remover and treat them with care though.HTH

i have been wearing them for months now with no probs. I get the salon system ones from sallys, i have found the Medium black ones are perfect length for me, they also come in brown.

They last and last, i check each morning for any loose ones and just reapply the odd one if needed. i find if i have a sleepless night then i have more loose but on the whole they are fab and take a lot less time to check and reapply the odd one in the morning than faffing around with curlers and mascara.

I found that either the mascara or eye make up removers were irritating my eyes - this takes all of that away and i feel and look awake first thing in the morning, no curling no mascara they are just perfect - no worries if i get an early knock at the door !

kx

p.s was advised by a friend of mine who showed me how to apply them, that the black adhesive is much better than the clear to use !

How many do you need to use as a general thing for an average lash without gaps....are they generally applied across the whole of the lash or more so on the outside of the lash to build effect?

How many do you need to use as a general thing for an average lash without gaps....are they generally applied across the whole of the lash or more so on the outside of the lash to build effect?
They come in packs,you would have longer lashes to the end of the eye(not tear duct end)

If you were replacing as often as Karren(to make them last)then I would get a good supply.

They aren't designed to last for that you would have to get the more expensive lashes,done by a therapist.HTH

They come in packs,you would have longer lashes to the end of the eye(not tear duct end)

If you were replacing as often as Karren(to make them last)then I would get a good supply.

They aren't designed to last for that you would have to get the more expensive lashes,done by a therapist.HTH
You can see I don't know anything about this lol....I would not dare to apply myself, but would these individual lashes if applied by a therapist last for more than a couple of days.....obviously eyelash extensions are a different kettle of fish.

hi cathie

gosh, for me i apply them across the whole area as i have very short lashes of my own ! probably about 8 or 9 per eye ?? (these are the "individual" 4-5 lashes per individual bulb if that makes sense) you probably get about 30-40 in a pack ..

i was thinking about the "real" individual lashes but thought would probably be a lot of upkeep and i probably wouldnt be able to replace missing ones myself and would be a bit of a bind for me to keep popping out for replacements- i have no patience and couldnt imagine putting 1 in i'd get myself in a right mess im sure ..... from the pics posted on here though im always tempted and they look even more real than the ones i use - totally naturally and fabulous !

i get a lot of my clients asking me about doing these but to be honest they are so easy that i think it would be a "one off" service as clients would end up doing them themselves once they saw how quick and easy they are to apply (as i did !), and the training i enquired about was always getting postponed due to lack of interest

Absolutely agree though its very important to do a patch test first for the adhestive

i do have some clients though that do have luscious long lashes and put the longer ones just on their last few outside lashes which also look fab

they had some pictures actually in one of the magazines recently showing someone with say 4 or 5 of them spread out across the lashes, the look was growing on me but im not that brave and would feel people would know they are false and that i'd lost half of them without knowing lol

kx

€

They really aren't designed to last a long time,more for a special occasion,but as Karren has said,she tops up constantly.

I would say,if you have the patience to top up daily then they can last,the thing is the glue isn't as strong as the long lasting lashes.

They look fantastic for that special occasion though and when I did mine I loved the result,I just have especially itchy eyes.Suffer with hayfever badly and eczema too so that dosn't help.

Didn't mean just long lashes at the end sorry didn't explain myself properly.You would have shorter along the lashline,then longer at the corners,you can trim them to suit your individual taste.

Latest posts

Back