Fancy dress nightmare - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyF

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm going on a hen do this Friday with a famous person fancy dress theme. I planned to go as Amy Winehouse but my wig arrived today and it's just horrid!!!

I'm not totally stuck for ideas. Some of the other girls are going as Dorothy (Wizard of Oz), Cleopatra, Lara (Tomb Raider) and Jessica Rabbit.

I have shoulder length dark blond hair but also have a short black bob wig with fringe which is much nicer (but no idea who to be with it!).

An ideas that I can throw together before Friday morning and that won't cost me the earth would be REALLY appreciated!!!!

Lx

What about going as a madonna? 80's madonna, you could crimp/curl/back comb your hair and wear some great 80's gear :)

What about going as a madonna? 80's madonna, you could crimp/curl/back comb your hair and wear some great 80's gear :)

Oh, I think I'll Google a few images - thanks for the idea! x

Alice in wonderland?

Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction - use the black wig with fringe.

Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction - use the black wig with fringe.

Oh I like this idea, I have some cropped black trousers and a white shirt but do you think people will know who I am? x

Uma is a good choice!!

Didn't Jesse Jay have a period with a similar wig/style?

My daughter went to a party as Uma in PF. She is a natural blonde (wore a wig) and has been told she looks like her ...which she actually hates.
Get a (replica!) gun! Or cigarette.

Uma is a good choice!!

Didn't Jesse Jay have a period with a similar wig/style?

Just Googled and yes she did! Would just need to put some thought into the clothes!

My daughter went to a party as Uma in PF. She is a natural blonde (wore a wig) and has been told she looks like her ...which she actually hates.
Get a (replica!) gun! Or cigarette.

Oh yes! I could do that - off upstairs to dig out my white shirt!

Cindy lauper, madonnas, Marilyn monroe?

Jessie J or Uma to use the black wig, the Grease Pink ladies are quick and easy to put together too and everyone recognises them.
Lady Gaga, Cleopatra, Marilyn, Audrey Hepburn are all easy to do?

I just text the bride to be to say I was think of going as Uma from Pulp Fiction and she reply with "Who?" - I must be getting old!!!

Latest posts

Back