FAO HD Brow stylists only: which replacement wax are you using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
...if you're finding the HD Brow wax too harsh on some clients?

Annalise

Why are you finding the HD wax harsh? I think it's fantastic xx

Glad you like it LaurenSparkles. I personally don't have problems when I do my own brows but too many of my clients with sensitive skin are getting flare ups.

I need something less harsh on the skin. I know other HD Brow stylists have had this problem and changed to a different wax...

I've read a lot of bad press on the HD wax.

I called HD (i amtraining soon) and they advised that if I used a different wax I could not call them HD brows. Same as using a different tint etc I guess. I currently use Perron Rigot Cristal Ocean and would like to continue to do so. Best wax I have ever used.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've read a lot of bad press on the HD wax.

I called HD (i amtraining soon) and they advised that if I used a different wax I could not call them HD brows. Same as using a different tint etc I guess. I currently use Perron Rigot Cristal Ocean and would like to continue to do so. Best wax I have ever used.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, I'm almost sure I've seen on here that other techs have changed wax and informed Nouveau Beauty Group who have had no qualms?

I think one of them was Angelina but can't find the damned thread.. Aargh!

I posted photos a few weeks ago after my second HD treatment. I was left very sore. I showed the photos to my therapist who said my skin must be sensitive to the wax and she should have warned me. She advised I have the treatment again without the waxing part but I think I'll leave it.

I posted photos a few weeks ago after my second HD treatment. I was left very sore. I showed the photos to my therapist who said my skin must be sensitive to the wax and she should have warned me. She advised I have the treatment again without the waxing part but I think I'll leave it.

That's a shame as a kinder wax is likely to resolve your problem.. I can relate to your plight, hence the need for someone to PLEASE reply and tell me which wax they decided to change to from the HD 'Love Hurts' wax.

Well please do correct if I have been misinformed. I only spoke with them a month ago.

I will be really pleased if I can keep on using Perron Rigot.

Surely someone will come to the rescue and answer my question... Please?

I know I haven't imagined it that some HD Brow stylists have changed the wax they're now using?

If you'd rather not publicly post a reply, then PM me?

Forever hopeful.... Annalise x

Hi annalise,

I can't be much help to you, but I'm having the exact same issue. I find the HD Wax quite harsh on some clients skin and sometimes hard to work with. When I started HDs in April the wax was fine but as time is going on I'm not loving it, AT ALL. I'm with you on this I've seen a thread where others have discussed this. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

Wee bump

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you use another wax you cannot call the treatment HD brows and also insurance is only valid if you are using all branded products. The wax has been specially formulated for use on the brow area. If people are having reactions it could be they are sensitive to wax in general in which case it needed to be omitted or the therapist is not using it correctly. I've been using it form4 years and never had a problem with any Clients being sensitive to just HD wax. Remember to renew your wax aswell, you use such a small amount of HD wax sometimes you need to dispose of wax and refresh your wee pots.

I asked if I could use another wax not long after I had trained. I trained 3 years ago and at the time I was told that they would rather I didn't but they didn't say no. I also find the wax harsh so I've always used Salonserve creme tea tree wax. It looks exactly the same as HD wax so when it's in my pot, clients would not think that I am using a different wax to another HD salon :D

I use lotus wax as its the same colour as hd brows. I was also told they'd rather you didn't swap wax but they never said I couldn't that was nearly a year ago. Also my insurance is not affected by using a different wax as my insurance doesn't recognise hd brows it insures for each step separately and i was already qualified in all steps except threading so they just added threading to my insurance xxx

I too am having the same problem. On my clients & actually on myself. It just looks like dry, flaky skin. Luckily the clients it has happened to are work colleagues! I could cry!
I rang HDbrows & spoke to Lisa, she said they hadn't heard of any complaints or anybody with any 'reactions' & that I must have had a 'run of bad luck'
She categorically told me that I can't use any other wax at all. It's not HDBrows & it's not covered by my insurance etc, even though my insurance doesn't cover me literally for HDBrows, it's just tinting/waxing in general etc.
Has anybody else rang & spoke to HD? If so who & what did they say?
I'm at a loss :( xx

Always be happy 😊💜

Surely if you are a qualified waxer then your insurance would cover you no matter what wax you are using?

Not saying that we should go ahead and do that by the way just that if you hold a separate qualification for tinting, threading and waxing your insurance is going to cover you as Sarah said on the page prior to this.

I don't do Hd brows but my I enquired before and my insurance wouldn't insure for brand only the individual treatments so I could use what ever wax I wanted.

I can see why HD would want you to use their wax, so you will buy it from them.

But surely its not the wax that you use more so the technique you get taught?

But I don't know like I said I haven't trained in HD's

Jemima :)

Surely if you are a qualified waxer then your insurance would cover you no matter what wax you are using?

Not saying that we should go ahead and do that by the way just that if you hold a separate qualification for tinting, threading and waxing your insurance is going to cover you as Sarah said on the page prior to this.

Zooks, I'm a qualified hairdresser. The only qualification I have for waxing/tinting & threading is my HDBrows qualification :/

Always be happy 😊💜

I don't do Hd brows but my I enquired before and my insurance wouldn't insure for brand only the individual treatments so I could use what ever wax I wanted.

I can see why HD would want you to use their wax, so you will buy it from them.

But surely its not the wax that you use more so the technique you get taught?

But I don't know like I said I haven't trained in HD's

Jemima :)

Surely if its the technique that every single HDBrows Stylist would have this problem, not every one of them does, just a few of us & only on certain people. It's literally where I use the wax as soon as I spread it on, in the shape that I put it on. Like I said only on some people & only a few days post wax does it go dry & flaky.
You could be right. I'm clueless. It's so weird. Xx

Always be happy 😊💜

Latest posts

Back