FAO HD Brow stylists only: which replacement wax are you using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bumping this.

As you can see from earlier posts I was about to train in HDs and I am glad I did.

I think the Love Hurts wax is awful. I have NEVER ever taken away skin on clients brow before in all my years of waxing, not even in training, yet in the last 3 months of doing HD's it has happened 3 times! After it happened today I decided to ditch the wax. I know it is not my technique.

I am now on the look out for a replacement, preferably a Perron Rigot Cream one, any reccomendations on which one??

If you put a tiny bit of comfort me on your fingers then dab of the excess of a cotton pad then wipe a tiny bit of the comfort me from your fingers onto the skin under the brows the oil in the comfort me should protect the skin while waxing but still allow the hairs to be removed efficiently. Then you are still using the wax and the full system etc etc

Thankyou AmeliaR

I have been using my Perron Rigot Jasmine oil as a barrier and I still had it happen with todays client.

Its just not good enough for me I'm afraid. I had read that lots of people had had this problem but it's mortifying when it happens.

I will still be seeking a replacement wax.

Does anyone use PR Nacre Blanche? It is an almond oil enriched product....worrying about nut allergies now!

I found the same thing, not happened to me for years and years before using the HD wax. I use the same wax that I use for all my strip waxing which is just salon systems tea tree wax.

I did have a client in for brows that was allergic to tea tree so I used my lycon

I use Salonserve tea tree cream wax. I used the HD wax when I first trained but found it too harsh on the skin so I've used the Salonserve one for over 3 years and have never had a problem.
Interestingly, I had my HD brows done at the beauty show last Sunday. I now have sore lids where some skin has been removed!

I posted on this thread a few months ago about my experience with HD wax. I love my therapist, I see her often for my eyelashes but don't fancy trying HD brows again. My fiancé goes to the hairdressers next door and his stylist told him (maybe not very professionally) that she's had clients that have been for HD brows next door and have been made to bleed from skin being pulled off. Ouch! not a good advert x

Latest posts

Back