Fed up, need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best bit of advice i could give is sculpt with your brush not your file & practice, practice, practice!!! X

Here's a question...... why do you always write like this "......" ......? Is it a trend or something? Do you try to be different?
Or perhaps to make larger gaps in the text? Are you dyslectic (not sure of the term here) or similar?

"..." 3 dots (no more) are meant to mean irony or unfinished process in a written text, even if it's a speech. And I gather nothing of the sort in yours. There really isn't any need for all those dots. You do need a couple of commas here and there but normal dots would work fine, which is why I've been wondering.

I don't mean to be offensive. It's just the teacher in me. It really hurts my eyes and I can find no reason behind it. I'd strangle my students if they ever wrote like that! BUT, I DO have a student who is somewhat dyslectic and finds ways to leave large gaps in his essays so it's easier for him. When he tries not to, his essays are much worse! He can't usually concentrate properly if the text is too dense!
So I just really have to ask why?
Well....... I'm not trying to be different. .... it's not a trend.... as far as im aware.... and I'm perfectly capable of stringing a decent sentence together..... mostly...... i suppose the reason is .... the comer on my phone...is basically a pain to do every time i want the reader to pause..... so it's easier for me to type dots..... like thus...... i hope that answers your question.....x

Best bit of advice i could give is sculpt with your brush not your file & practice, practice, practice!!! X
Yes... I've been practicing again tonight...again x

Well....... I'm not trying to be different. .... it's not a trend.... as far as im aware.... and I'm perfectly capable of stringing a decent sentence together..... mostly...... i suppose the reason is .... the comer on my phone...is basically a pain to do every time i want the reader to pause..... so it's easier for me to type dots..... like thus...... i hope that answers your question.....x
Ah phones! Didn't think of that! You won't believe the mistakes I have to correct from those students that have smartphones!
Thnx for your answer!

..... so it's easier for me to type dots..... like thus...... i hope that answers your question.....x

Easier for you...bloody nightmare for us to read! :p;)

With regard to your comma being hard to use... please see all the good advice above...

...& practice, practice, practice!!! X
;):cool::D

I have been doing nails for 10 years & still have difficult days. Practice, practice, practice. That's what you have to do. I have steady clients that return every two weeks for fills. Sometimes I will be looking at the nails of my last client of the day & think to myself "did I actually do theses nails?". You will have good days & bad days. Hang in there girl!

Latest posts

Back