Feel like I'm addicted to eating and can't give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried that, stuck to it too and put on 1/2 a stone in a week which took ages to shift

I've tried it too. I think I lasted 3 weeks. Didn't lose any weight but I certainly suffered. Couldn't sleep on the fast days. It was awful!

Apologies, it's a bit of an essay!

Over the years I have joined WW and slimming world and sometimes been quite successful, but my success depends on my mind set and whether I am in that 'zone'. Sometimes even though I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I needed to do something, I just couldn't motivate myself to stick to anything, and out the snacks came!

Just my opinion of course, but you sound to me that you are not in that 'zone'. No one can do it for you- although sometimes little comments from people can give you the kick up the bum you need, but sometimes it can make you feel so horrible that you reach for the cookie jar and put on a good film to take away your misery! Also looking at pictures of me from behind also helped give a big kick up the bum!!

I am happy to say that I found my 'zone'. It was actually a conversation I had with my mum about a foot problem she has and how she must lose weight. Previous to this, I had always done the slimming journey alone (despite mum needing to lose weight) She would always say there's no point 2 of us paying, so you go and I will eat the same. Trouble is she didn't follow it to the letter and it was always quite demoralising seeing her cheating or not having healthy extras etc because she didn't actually remember the ins and outs of the diet, and how it had changed since the 10/15yrs ago she had done it! I diverse... So we had this conversation and I said to her that I was happy to start losing too, but I didn't want her second guessing the diet and that she should at least join for a month so that she had the book and she could read it for herself and have the members talk etc! (I actually was planning on doing the plan without going to group with her this time). But she agreed to it and said she would buy a 6 week countdown if both of us went! I didn't want to pass this opportunity up so I said yes!

Before this conversation I wasn't in that mindset, that 'zone', but suddenly with my mum, my slimming partner, I felt motivated to get on and go for it. Just for 6 weeks though as we didn't want to shell out too much money.

So week 1 and things were going well. We weighed in and mum had a phenomenal weight loss and week 2 and 3 etc! I was doing well too and when I saw the transformation, it was contagious! We were planning meals and doing so well. Got to week 5 and we had one week left, and mum said she had decided to carry on going to class because she felt if she stopped getting the group support, she might not continue. So we did and we both got to target a few months ago.

I actually set my target a little higher than I would have liked but was still happy to have free lifetime membership, and you can always lower it at another time.

THEN... I discovered 5:2, the fast diet. I heard all these amazing health benefits and my health isn't that great so I looked into it. You eat normally for 5 days of the week, and limit your calories to 25% of your personal recommended daily allowance (in my case about 550 calories) for just 2 non consecutive days a week. I started 8 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs in addition to my target weight at slimming world! I still actually follow the slimming world principles but I'm not afraid to treat myself either on feast days.

What is so fab about this diet is ANYONE can do it - you don't need any memberships or expensive books. And you are only dieting for 1 day at a time, knowing that 'I won't have that gorgeous cheesecake in the fridge today, but I can eat it tomorrow!' It's a different type of willpower required because you don't have to deprive yourself on your feast days.

I think you would benefit from the fast diet- so maybe look into it. But you will fail at the first hurdle if you can't get into that 'zone'. So my advice, sign up to 5:2 facebook support group online- they are fab! And get yourself a slimming buddy for the journey. When you are ready, you will get there. xx

For years I struggled with eating.

I could be sat watching tv and I'd think about food ... Then could not stop until I had eaten something.

I would pop down the corner shop to pick up something, and would have at least one choc bar on the way home.

Portions would be huge!!

But then one day I just stopped. Hardly snack and I am now in control (mostly).

I saw an amazing hypnotherapist! Not for a hypnotic gastric band - wouldn't have worked for me. But to reprogram my subconscious and it's relationship to food. Now I eat when in hungry, and stop when I've had enough.

Totally changed me! And next week I start with a personal trainer to shift the weight. And when I reach my goal I have a brand new £500 outfit to buy! It's my motivation ... My focus on the goal.

Lissy000 Thanks for taking the time for your post. I really appreciate it. You'll see by my post above yours that I have tried the 2:5 diet. Middle of last year and again in January this year. Both times I only lasted 3 weeks. Couldn't sleep on the fast days, felt my blood sugar levels drop and felt faint and just couldn't function properly. I'm afraid it's not for me, whether im in the mindset or not. And I was.

Don't talk to me about SW. Been there and done that too. Nowadays I can't even make meetings as hubby works away during the week and I have kids to look after so evening meetings are out and I work during the day. I've had it with slimming clubs. Don't want to give them my hard earned money.

I've now changed my eating habits, (since Monday) only healthy snacks, no bread, healthy meals and more exercise. Lots of water. I think this is the answer for me. It's doable and not too daunting. It's a lifestyle change which will be easy to maintain.

Seeing myself wandering around at school pick up and shopping and with my friend's as a big fat frump is helping to keep me motivated. When I look at other women now instead of thinking "it's not fair!" I'm now thinking "that will be me soon!" :D

For years I struggled with eating.

I could be sat watching tv and I'd think about food ... Then could not stop until I had eaten something.

I would pop down the corner shop to pick up something, and would have at least one choc bar on the way home.

Portions would be huge!!

But then one day I just stopped. Hardly snack and I am now in control (mostly).

I saw an amazing hypnotherapist! Not for a hypnotic gastric band - wouldn't have worked for me. But to reprogram my subconscious and it's relationship to food. Now I eat when in hungry, and stop when I've had enough.

Totally changed me! And next week I start with a personal trainer to shift the weight. And when I reach my goal I have a brand new £500 outfit to buy! It's my motivation ... My focus on the goal.

Yes I was thinking about hypnotherapy! How many sessions did you have? Did you stop snacking straight after the therapy or did it take time? I've read the Paul McKenna book but had no effect whatsoever!

Still on track!!

Have done the power walk 4 times already this week. Haven't had any naughty snacks since the kit kat. Had porridge every day, rice cakes and low fat hummus for lunch today and snacking on fruit. Allowing 2 packs of almonds per week as they're quite calorific.

There will be no weighing. I am not getting on the scales. I can reveal that my humungous thighs are 29.5 and 30 inches!!! Crickey!! Yes, one's always been bigger than the other. My waist is 40 inches. These measurements are hopefully going to decrease. I will re-measure in 2 weeks.

Still on track!!

Have done the power walk 4 times already this week. Haven't had any naughty snacks since the kit kat. Had porridge every day, rice cakes and low fat hummus for lunch today and snacking on fruit. Allowing 2 packs of almonds per week as they're quite calorific.

There will be no weighing. I am not getting on the scales. I can reveal that my humungous thighs are 29.5 and 30 inches!!! Crickey!! Yes, one's always been bigger than the other. My waist is 40 inches. These measurements are hopefully going to decrease. I will re-measure in 2 weeks.

Measuring myself has really made me realise how much I've let myself go :( :

Waist 30"
Hips 40"
Thighs 28" each

This really upsets me :(... I know I will always be bigger on bottom as have always had a ghetto booty and bigger thighs... Used to dance so they were very strong and when stopped just got bigger and fatter!!

Measuring myself has really made me realise how much I've let myself go :( :

Waist 30"
Hips 40"
Thighs 28" each

This really upsets me :(... I know I will always be bigger on bottom as have always had a ghetto booty and bigger thighs... Used to dance so they were very strong and when stopped just got bigger and fatter!!

It's horrible isn't it? My arms belong to someone else, not on this body. They're the only normal thing. Everything else is bloated, including my face. I have skinny wrists and fingers, wear a very small ring size. The rest of me just needs to catch Up.

It's horrible isn't it? My arms belong to someone else, not on this body. They're the only normal thing. Everything else is bloated, including my face. I have skinny wrists and fingers, wear a very small ring size. The rest of me just needs to catch Up.

It just isn't me ! I have a massive wardrobe 3 door and massive chest of drawers full to the brim with clothes and don't feel comfortable in anything I wear anymore :(!!!!

Just thought I'd share my measurements; I'm 5'8 and weight 14st 10lb :eek:
Bust: 46
Waist: 40
Hips: 46
Thighs: 23

Lol weird measurements x

Just thought I'd share my measurements; I'm 5'8 and weight 14st 10lb :eek:
Bust: 46
Waist: 40
Hips: 46
Thighs: 23

Lol weird measurements x

Ah, you're one of the ones who carries there weight up top whereas I carry mine all around my bum and thighs. Ive not bothered measuring my bust as it doesn't concern me. I'm also 5'8 and am guessing I weigh pretty much the same as you. Are you trying to lose weight too? If so, what are you doing?

It just isn't me ! I have a massive wardrobe 3 door and massive chest of drawers full to the brim with clothes and don't feel comfortable in anything I wear anymore :(!!!!

I can't sit down in a pair of trousers without showing my builders bum as trousers and jeans just don't fit my shape anymore. All you see is a huge ........I have to wear long cardigans to cover up when I sit down. I'm so, so, so sick of it. I must keep reminding myself when I crave junk.

Don't buy the snacks then you can't eat them! Brush your teeth when your tempted or go for a long walk or even go to bed early, your stomach will soon shrink a bit as I'm guessing you will be hungrier faster from
All the eating you've been doing , a small square of dark chocolate may help your cravings when they are really bad x

Hi ladies I've recently just lost 2 stone 6lbs in 9 weeks on ActiDiet, its similar to Cambridge and lighter life, but cheaper, tastier and chewable. Also free from MSG, genetically modified ingredients, artificial colourings and aspartame (a cheap sugar replacement which has bad
side effects). I'm also a consultant for them and actiderm xx

Hi ladies I've recently just lost 2 stone 6lbs in 9 weeks on ActiDiet, its similar to Cambridge and lighter life, but cheaper, tastier and chewable. Also free from MSG, genetically modified ingredients, artificial colourings and aspartame (a cheap sugar replacement which has bad
side effects). I'm also a consultant for them and actiderm xx

Do you have a website or more information? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

5ft5
9 stone 12 (on a good day)
Bust 37
Waist 29
Hips 37
Thighs 19.5
Dress size 10 (or a large 8 or small 12 and a topshop 14 lol)

I carry loads of muscle and go from 9.5 to 10.10 depending on how "ripped" I am. But its not natural, my natural weight is about 11 stone but I run 30 miles a week a lift weights three times a week. If I didnt do this and ate what I wanted id be 16 stone lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I piled on six stone in pregnancy years ago, baby wad 10lb and im only 5ft 2. So virtually after baby was born I went to praque and paid for a gastric balloon they won't do it here as im not fat enough and to have a band you have to be enormous so I thought the balloon sounded good, it was not !!! terrible side effects and upon removal six months later I had gained weight! I now just buy duromine online it works I stayed 8 or 9 stones through my twenties on it and I only came off it as I was pregnant. So apart from certain batches being stopped by customs and excise its fine and I can work through lunch and dinner and survive of snacks! My brother suddenly piled on weight after a bad marriage and he lost seven stones and has kept it off five years and keeps unintentionally losing more but he only eats vegetables and proteins bars and never drinks, but smokes 20 a day and is a doctor! We just need to give up food, if your binging a wee bit ketosis should stop the hunger pangs!
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek

Hey ladies. As an anorexic and bulimic at the age if 16 I know how it's feels to obsess about food and just want to binge:
Luckily over the years I have managed to control it but its not been easy and lately has been pretty rubbish.
The problem is the more you binge on chocolate etc the more your body craves it cos its actually like a drug, how I overcame it was to go on a high protein diet whereby I ate every three hours, hard going but because I pumped my body full of protein and goodness my body no longer craved sweet stuff, I actually did not touch chocolate for 6 months cos my body didn't want it. It's not easy though it takes dedication to eat every three hours, and harder than you think. I found that I needed to ditch the rice cakes and ryvitas I thought were healthy as they didn't fill me up and just made me crave rubbish, and to not eat too much fruit - another thing that didn't full me up.
Unfortunately I went on Prozac last year and put on 2 stone in a matter of months. The docs deny its the Prozac and say I must have binged etc - I didn't and now I train and work out it won't come off, so I have a messed up thyroid and my body wants sugar. But I make sure I stuff myself full on protein every three hours and slowly I'm getting there. Also really important to have a cheat fay at the weekend where i can have a takeaway or whatever i fancy.

It's actually so much harder to eat healthy and lose weight cos if it was easy everyone would be walking round with hot bodies!

Do you have a website or more information? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi yeah I have a group on facebook facebook.com/groups/jessactidiet
Also online shop www.actidiet.co.uk/me/Jessica-martin x

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same atm, I just eat all day long! I used to be 6st (didn't used to like it) now I am a healthy 8 and a half stone but I am starting to get a podgy belly and everyone has noticed iv put weight on, people tell me not to worry but I do. Because I was so skinny if I put on any weight I feel huge lol x

Latest posts

Back