Feeling really low

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just noticed this thread & would love to see Gigi on Monday. Does anyone know what time the demo begins please as its too late to ring s2 now.

I have just noticed this thread & would love to see Gigi on Monday. Does anyone know what time the demo begins please as its too late to ring s2 now.

On the S2 Facebook page it says 10am - 12pm and 1pm - 3pm.

I can't go Monday, but when these seminars are on do you have to book or can you just turn up? x

Don't feel down, it took me best part of 5 years before I felt happy with my enhancements,
I still get down from time to time.
When I feel like that I check out you tube videos to refresh my memory and pick up hints and tips to make me feel better x

I'm so upset I just couldn't get the money to attend the free day, Ive been out of work for a while and we are struggling to even keep our home, but I will def go to another one when I'm in a better money situation, but I'm still practicing and any time I have free is spent at home practicing I wont stop till I am 100% certain I have got the enhancements to a tee and I can then start charging clients as I know then that they will be happy with them, All my spare time practicing Is all going to be worth it in the end.
Thank you everyone for keeping my spirits high, this site is such a lovely place to come when you are feeling a bit down everyone here just cheers you up and helps, its great :)

Perhaps you ought to take a different approach hon. I was advised that my enhancements were 'ok' when I finished and I ought to get out there and start doing them on customers, but charge a little less. The only way to really get to that 100% you are craving is by practising on real paying clients that want to maintain their enhancements. You should adjust your prices even if just covering costs but I think you need to push yourself out there.

I really believe if you're gonna wait till you're 100% happy before getting paying clients...then you never will. I don't mean to sound harsh hon, but I'm trying to encourage you to push yourself out of your comfort zone and go for it. The benefits will be twofold - you'll HAVE to up your game, and you'll have more people to practice on (people that are paying now and have a vested interest in caring for their enhancements).

Just a thought xxx

Perhaps you ought to take a different approach hon. I was advised that my enhancements were 'ok' when I finished and I ought to get out there and start doing them on customers, but charge a little less. The only way to really get to that 100% you are craving is by practising on real paying clients that want to maintain their enhancements. You should adjust your prices even if just covering costs but I think you need to push yourself out there.

I really believe if you're gonna wait till you're 100% happy before getting paying clients...then you never will. I don't mean to sound harsh hon, but I'm trying to encourage you to push yourself out of your comfort zone and go for it. The benefits will be twofold - you'll HAVE to up your game, and you'll have more people to practice on (people that are paying now and have a vested interest in caring for their enhancements).

Just a thought xxx

Your not being harsh at all you are just giving me an idea and your opinion. I think this is a good idea about dropping the prices and doing It on paying clients, what do you think I should charge for just practicing on clients or are we not allowed to say on here, also how would I word it on my price list about the price lowering.

I'd work out exactly how much your product costs so that's a bottom line. You can charge just that and say these are your training prices and explain this to people, or you can add a little more for your time as well. Eg if I usually mark my time at x pounds an hour but for acrylics I'd be charging half that. Or you could work out how happy you are with your skill level and charge a proportion of your full set price. Personally I'm knocking 25% off the full set and infill/rebalance prices.

For the purpose of wording you could either say you're still in training and working to build up your speed (therefore not implying there's anything wrong with the enhancements, just your speed needs working on) or you could say you are looking for models to build up a portfolio of your work hence dropped prices. I think either would be fine, I'm advertising the latter xxx

I saw someone advertise newly trained models wanted. I thought this was a great idea and wish I had done that in the beginning. Charge a reduced price, then when you feel happy put your price up. Take pictures of your work. Xxxx

Don't feel down, it took me best part of 5 years before I felt happy with my enhancements,
I still get down from time to time.
When I feel like that I check out you tube videos to refresh my memory and pick up hints and tips to make me feel better x

I think Purebeauty's advise about checking out YouTube videos is a great idea. Seeing technique is always a bit easier than reading it - you just have to be sure the videos you're watching are by quality practioneers ;)

Thank you everyone for your great advice.
I have started watching YouTube videos loads now.
I watch the CND ones and young nails ones a lot.
You have all been lovely on this thread and have really giving me my confidence back and I'm not giving up.

Hi just read this thread. Just wanted to say I've been doing acrylics for about 4 months now. Had loads of practice with friends and family, did my first paying client the other day and forgot to dehydrate the nails before applying the acrylic and she has already chipped two!!! I am so angry with myself!!! Have offered her free infills and hope she returns. It really knocked my confidence :-( but we are human and these things happen. At least I know where the fault was!
How are you getting on now?

Latest posts

Back