Feet & Rubber Gloves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat84

Reaction score
Ok bit of a mad one.

I am a newbie, but have been doing Shellac and Rockstar nails and a lot of people want their feet doing with the rockstar.

Only thing i want to know is do any of you ladies wear gloves whilst doing a pedicure for someone??

I mean god forbid if anyone had a verruca or fungal infection and i didnt know and went ahead anyway!

Any comments welcome.

No, I would never use gloves for a pedicure. I don't think it is needed and I don't think the client would feel very comfortable if I used gloves to touch their feet. I know I wouldn't.

This is something you should check during consultation, don't leave it to chance as its not just yourself who could be infected but other clients also.
A pedicure is a hands on treatment and unless you have something on your hand like a cut etc, gloves shouldn't really be worn. Hth x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I ALWAYS wear gloves for pedis...pretty pink ones...ALWAYS! Feet are so neglected. I've seen countless incidents of fungal infections on toes and toenails that I've not seen on fingernails. I've even seen mold!

I've never encountered a client that was offended. They appreciated the extra precaution. One client said, as best as I can remember, "I love the fact that you guys wear gloves. I'd hate to think that you were touching me with the same bare hands that touched someone else's disgusting feet. I don't care how many times you washed your hands. That would just freak me out."

No, I would never use gloves for a pedicure. I don't think it is needed and I don't think the client would feel very comfortable if I used gloves to touch their feet. I know I wouldn't.

I feel the same way. :)

I ALWAYS wear gloves for pedis...pretty pink ones...ALWAYS! Feet are so neglected. I've seen countless incidents of fungal infections on toes and toenails that I've not seen on fingernails. I've even seen mold!

I've never encountered a client that was offended. They appreciated the extra precaution. One client said, as best as I can remember, "I love the fact that you guys wear gloves. I'd hate to think that you were touching me with the same bare hands that touched someone else's disgusting feet. I don't care how many times you washed your hands. That would just freak me out."

Thanks, see this is what i mean, i would prefer to be protected from the last persons feet if it was me gettin the pedicure ie: infections etc.

Me, as a client, prefer when beauty therapist is wearing gloves while doing pedicure and manicure. They always do.

I think it is a personal thing but can see both sides to this one.

One of my techs wears gloves, the other doesn't. The clients don't seem to notice or comment.

I am sure one day it may become the law stateside where the industry is much more regulated in general.

Eeer, put me right off my jaffa cakes lol x

I always wear gloves for any kind of nail work on both hands and feet.

I wear them up to the point of massage and gel/paint application.

I wear them mainly to protect my own nails from products and damage.

Would never ever not wear them!!!

Jacqui xx

I would never put my clients comfort ahead of my own safety.

I guess it depends. I glove up to protect my own manicure when handling products with acetone in and I've found that my cleints want/perfer for me to wear gloves esp when doing thier feet.

If you think it might offend a client, then say it's to protect you own nails from damage etc and that way it would take the reason away from handling thier feet to one of keeping your own nails pretty.

Sam xx

To the ladies that wear gloves:
I'm not criticising but what happens when you do a foot massage in ur pedi? U can't surely wear gloves then?
I agree on both sided to an extent I personally don't wear gloves, if a clients feet are that fungal then you shouldn't be doing them. I always make sure I sanitise the clients feet really well.
Do you wear gloves to do manicures aswel? Xx

To the ladies that wear gloves:
I'm not criticising but what happens when you do a foot massage in ur pedi? U can't surely wear gloves then?
I agree on both sided to an extent I personally don't wear gloves, if a clients feet are that fungal then you shouldn't be doing them. I always make sure I sanitise the clients feet really well.
Do you wear gloves to do manicures aswel? Xx

I always wear gloves for any kind of nail work on both hands and feet.

I wear them up to the point of massage and gel/paint application.

I wear them mainly to protect my own nails from products and damage.

Would never ever not wear them!!!

Jacqui xx

Jacqui xx

Trust me I never compromise my 'safety'! They are only feet! Obviously if they had something awful going on I would not do them. It's common sense in my personal opinion.

O right yes jacqui sorry missed that bit xx

O right yes jacqui sorry missed that bit xx

That's ok, its Friday night and its probably been a long week ... just got tomorrow to go for us therapists/nail techs weekend to start!

Jacqui xx

Trust me I never compromise my 'safety'! They are only feet! Obviously if they had something awful going on I would not do them. It's common sense in my personal opinion.

Do you have bionic vision that allows you to see MRSA and other forms of dangerous bacteria? :p

That's ok, its Friday night and its probably been a long week ... just got tomorrow to go for us therapists/nail techs weekend to start!

Jacqui xx

I'm working sunday too this week. Will be waxing poonanies when you lot are diy-ing or having sunday lunch. Think sunday dins will be pot noodle for me lol x

I'm working sunday too this week. Will be waxing poonanies when you lot are diy-ing or having sunday lunch. Think sunday dins will be pot noodle for me lol x

Blackadder and Ali G in common ... plus the yummy Jon Bon Jovi!!!

NOT as yummy as Axl though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back