Festivals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
Who here is off to any of the festies this year?

I dont have anything planned but might pop over to Leeds for the day (never been to that site before but heard its not as good as Reading?) as now I've got far too many pets for my own good it's tough to do the full 3 days anymore! Boo hoo!

I love festivals! Met my partner at a festival :)

I have been to every Leeds fest for the last 6/7 years, VIP last year :lol:, this will be the first Leeds fest I miss. Haven't been to Reading but can't imagine it's that different, it's the same line up, etc, just laid out in a different way. It's great fun as long as you don't mind the loos and lack of shade/seating. It never bothered me though, it's all part of the festival experience!

I also love the Download festival. Definitely depends on your taste in music though, probably not everyone's cup of tea but it's now my favourite.

I love festivals! Met my partner at a festival :)

I have been to every Leeds fest for the last 6/7 years, VIP last year :lol:, this will be the first Leeds fest I miss. Haven't been to Reading but can't imagine it's that different, it's the same line up, etc, just laid out in a different way. It's great fun as long as you don't mind the loos and lack of shade/seating. It never bothered me though, it's all part of the festival experience!

I also love the Download festival. Definitely depends on your taste in music though, probably not everyone's cup of tea but it's now my favourite.

oh I love it! I love being muddy and skanky for 3 days, tired, hungry and coming home smelling of bonfires!! It's my perfect holiday, I would rather be at a festy than clubbing in ibiza any day!!!

Plus its the only time I can wear wellies & fairy wings without being stared at lol :)

oh I love it! I love being muddy and skanky for 3 days, tired, hungry and coming home smelling of bonfires!! It's my perfect holiday, I would rather be at a festy than clubbing in ibiza any day!!!

Plus its the only time I can wear wellies & fairy wings without being stared at lol :)
Leeds has a great reputation,
i want to see photos of the wellies and fairy wings out fit :lol:

Leeds has a great reputation,
i want to see photos of the wellies and fairy wings out fit :lol:

lol loubylou! maybe one day if I am drunk enough lol!

It's just that a few of my mates have been to leeds and said the site layout was not as good as reading. But its so much nearer and much more do-able! Think I'll start saving now, I would love to be able to buy me and bf a day pass, as a way of thanking him for setting me up in biz :)

I have never been :cry: but my brother in law goes to them all and he always enjoys leeds

I have never been :cry: but my brother in law goes to them all and he always enjoys leeds

aw louby! treat yourself! Its the most fun you can have while looking like a tramp but still having great nails lol xx

PMSL can i bring my strawberry :hug:

I really hope to get to the Edinburagh Tattoo, missed it last year by 2 days, love the pipes and that part of the world. What about the red hot chilli pipers, no not red hot chilli peppers!. look it up on utube, went to see them last year, brilliant.

Glasto with the family if we get tickets...if not then the Big Chill again as that was a really fabulous family festival last year....my first Big Chill....done Glasto loads and it's getting a bit too commercial and over rated for me these days, so won't be that bothered if we don't get tickets!

Glasto with the family if we get tickets...if not then the Big Chill again as that was a really fabulous family festival last year....my first Big Chill....done Glasto loads and it's getting a bit too commercial and over rated for me these days, so won't be that bothered if we don't get tickets!

hey manni that sounds great!

never been to glasto, love the big chill, love mud, beer & live bands! woohooo! lol

hopefully will get to some veedub meets this year, not strictly a festie, but they have mud, beer and bands so it kinda counts lol

Went to Leeds last year, just on a day pass to see Nine Inch Nails (only reason I went).

But, the BEST festival by far is: Whitby Gothic Weekend.

Me and my other half go every year, its the highlight of our year!!

I realise its an acquired taste, but if you like that sort of music/fashion, its a FANTASTIC weekend.

p.s- if there are any other Whitby WGW geeks on here pleeeeease send me a pm it would be ace to chat to other goth geeks!! (I've already got your number MrsR!)

Went to Leeds last year, just on a day pass to see Nine Inch Nails (only reason I went).

But, the BEST festival by far is: Whitby Gothic Weekend.

Me and my other half go every year, its the highlight of our year!!

I realise its an acquired taste, but if you like that sort of music/fashion, its a FANTASTIC weekend.

p.s- if there are any other Whitby WGW geeks on here pleeeeease send me a pm it would be ace to chat to other goth geeks!! (I've already got your number MrsR!)

never been to whitby, but have made many, many sets of dreads for people who do go, you may have even seen some of my work there lol xx

never been to whitby, but have made many, many sets of dreads for people who do go, you may have even seen some of my work there lol xx

cooooool!! You should get a stall there, you would make a mint!!

cooooool!! You should get a stall there, you would make a mint!!

weeheeeeeey! need some cash to fund my nail habit lol good plan x

the Big Chill last year! OK and the hideous one of me...a woman without hair straighteners for tooooo long lol!

Attachments

• DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00154.jpg
    DSC00154.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00142.jpg
    DSC00142.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
the Big Chill last year! OK and the hideous one of me...a woman without hair straighteners for tooooo long lol!

awesome cathie thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back