Fibreglass / silk nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeahNails

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering whether to learn these techniques.

Do these get applied over nail tips? How difficult is it to learn, there doesnt seem to be anyone locally teaching?

Thx x

I found them extremely easy to learn. However find the extension is very thin and breaks very easily. No idea if this is right.

Hi,

I am wondering whether to learn these techniques.

Do these get applied over nail tips? How difficult is it to learn, there doesnt seem to be anyone locally teaching?

Thx x
Hi I do Silks, I find them fab to do, but it's practise, practise, practise. They are the most natural Nail extensions you can have they look so natural! The Silk is also fantastic for a cracked/split nail so it's great for repairs and it's also good to use as an overlay for a natural nail that needs extra strength 😊

I use to love fibreglass and silk nails, but I don't have much call for it anymore. If they're done well then they can look beautifully natural, and as pp says they're great for people who just want an overlay. This was my main reason for clients having them.

I love the silk/fiberglass systems. They are so natural and fairly quick to do. Broken Nails no longer make my heart stop ;)

Try this link and see what you think yourself

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGlNPIq68-o

Backscratchers are very good, but so is The Edge amongst others. :hug:

I seen a video on you tube "fingernail fixer" showing how to repair a damage nail with fiberglass can anyone point me in the right direction to buying the seld adhisive wraps ?

im currently wearing a fiberglass set, ive had acrylics and gels before but i love these they look so natural, they were quickly and easily applied by a local tech, and they are perfectly strong enough xx

Alot of nail techs dismiss silk/fiberglass nails as less than, which isn't the case at all. They are viable way of making of living in the nail industry and can wear just as well as any other system. Your clients will get lots of compliments on how natural they look, which could make a niche for you in your area to do what other nail techs don't do.

As far as ease of applying, it is just like any other system, learning the tips and tricks and what works for you and practice, practice, practice!!

Does anyone know where you can train to use this system? Xx

I trained with star nails about 14 years ago. I don't do many fibre glass or silk extensions now but iI still have a small amount of loyal clients that absolutely love them. They are really thin and natural looking but I find they don't wear or last as well as gel or acrylic. They are not suited to heavy handed clients so bear this in mind.
I used to wear them myself for years but changed to CND's L&p overlay a couple of years back.
I would definately learn this system as it does have it's advantages, great for repairs and as an ovelay on natural nails:)

I have been doing fibreglass nails and wraps for 20 years now and cant ever see myself changing, I have alot of customers who love the finish as they look really natural and thin.

I trained in my esthetics course but mainly do gels now. However, silk is the only way I extend on nail bitters! I hate fiddling with tips and no matter what I do with the forms it never makes me happy with the end result...but silk free form works every time :)

As luck would have it Wendy, Supernail of LA (distributors of the Backscratchers fibreglass and silk wraps systems) have a Regional Education Director in Worcestershire (just outside Redditch)! Her name is Amy Masters and her phone number is 07970 220978 - hope this helps! x

Latest posts

Back