Final Exam in level 3 make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
Well i have just recieved my final examination paper through and i'm excited and scared all at the same time. I have to do 3 differednt make overs on young, mature and elderly models for day make-up, evening and special occasion. I've got 6 models lined up (2 out of each catagory) but i'm totally nervous.
I'm thinking day for the elderly, evening for the mature and special occasion for the young. Do you think thats predictable or okay choices?

Sounds good, Good luck :)

Thanks for the reply, I can't decide what to do for special occasion. Either totally mad 80's style party or just wedding?

When i was doing special occasional, they liked to see more heavier/darker make-up...can't really do that for weddings! Go a bit mad!

Thats what i was thinking :) thanks

Special occasion could be prom make up,fake lashes,lots of sparkles etc,some brides do like a heavier make up.Special occasion can mean weddings and doesn't necessarily mean heavy make up,it's all about what the client wants and what you feel is within your comfort zone.

There's lots of whacky colours out there.Have a look on you tube under makeup application,it will give you some fab ideas.Urban Decay do some gorgeous glittery pallets and glittery liquid liners etc.Experiment and enjoy:lol:

Could i get away with clubbing makeup being evening or would that be special occasion?

Good luck, experiment and have fun

Could i get away with clubbing makeup being evening or would that be special occasion?

Evening make up tends to be heavier because the lighting is different,so yes evening and clubbing make up could be the same.

Special occasion make up is exactly that, special occasion,they could technically all be the same,because you could have a client who likes to wear heavy make up and its her wedding for example,but you will need to cover all ranges so I would offer variations.Just look at your ranges you need to cover and plan in advance.

I would practice a bit on an elderly skin because the lids can be crepey and droop and respond quite differently to a younger persons eye make up,also the skin will have larger pores,lines and wrinkles and this needs care when choosing a foundation.Have a practice first so you're prepared.

I love make up and I love to experiment,have a good play around and enjoy x

Latest posts

Back