Finally bought Blondie Rae

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonRee

Reaction score
Our Blondie Rae came today, and we can't wait to test it on our hair!

Anyone else still happily using it?

Never used it but would like to get some! Please keep my updated how it goes once you us it xxxxx

Well I am currently testing it on my own hair....so will report back!

I have used colour b4 a few times on my own hair, and was pretty impressed.

But I'm testing it on my blue directions, and my black, to see how it reacts with fashion colours.

Are you planning on colouring afterwards? I'd love to know if you can reliably lift coloured hair with tint after using Blondi Rae. I was told that colour strippers don't remove enough pigment for a consistent result, but in the other thread discussing it, people seem to get way better results with Blondie Rae than I've seen.
Let us know if you try anything like this!

Well I am currently testing it on my own hair....so will report back!

I have used colour b4 a few times on my own hair, and was pretty impressed.

But I'm testing it on my blue directions, and my black, to see how it reacts with fashion colours.

It won't remove directions as its a true semi.

I've used it on black box dye 3 times and it didn't budge...thought I had a bad batch and did it on myself....I had dark brown colour on about a shade 3 and it took me back to about a 6 very red copper colour....I found though since then every colour I put on washes off within 2 weeks and it defiantly affected the condition of my hair and the client I used it on...her hair felt like cardboard when wet ....so after spending over 80 pound on the remover and spoos and cond (which are horrible) they've all been put on a cupboard never to b used again x

I think its amazing. it had great results on the stubborn box dyes.(live xxl) on the pro products it lifts well. It might smell a bit rank but we've all stick to the instructions to a tee, the hair comes out in a great condition-not straw like at all., plus the intensive conditoner is great as a add on service. I think its a great product.

I think if you do colour corrections regularly as we do, you want something that doesnt damage the hair as much as a colour remover or bleach bath does, its much easier to know what underlying pigment will be left and how to neutralise it/prepig/lift or take unwanted colour out. In my opinion its worth taking a shot, i think its a viable purchase that in my salon has become essential due to its economical pricing! heehee! xoxo

It did remove some of my directions....its left it rather silvery. It didn't seem to work on my black, although I have used colourb4 in the past with great success.

We are currently applying it to a customer.....fingers crossed!

Does anyone use heat while it sits?

It did remove some of my directions....its left it rather silvery. It didn't seem to work on my black, although I have used colourb4 in the past with great success.

We are currently applying it to a customer.....fingers crossed!

Does anyone use heat while it sits?
colour b4?????? i dont think u should be biggin that up on a pro site!?

There's a thread on here about it saying there the same company

Schwarzcopf, Loreal etc. make box dyes for supermarkets as well as a range of professional tint products.

However, we don't discuss the merits or otherwise of box dyes in this forum, so presumably the same applies to these products?

I'm only trying to discuss my experiences with colour removers. I am a salon owner, and just considering what I have done in the past to remove hair dye. Colour B4 is made by the same company as Blondi Rae, they also make the Adee Mcpherson one etc....

I'm happy to discuss all hair products and reflect on whether they work, but if we're not allowed to mention brand names, feel free to edit the post. It would confuse me a little as to why though, but no worries either way!

Anyhow, I used the Blondi Rae on the customer, it did remove some of the black, but not as much as we had hoped at all. It's a shame, I had expected a bit more it. Still trying to figure out exactly what makes it better on some hair, compared to others, so we can make better predictions as to the outcome. It's a long time to invest, with varying results!

Is anyone else still finding their feet with it?

ETA - just read the post above mine, I hadn't realised we couldn't mention retail box dyes at all. Do let me know if anything needs removing!

Hello all
here are my experiences using Blondi Rae
1. client had tinted hair at home with box dye,
on white hair, post chemo curl from
having cancer, :sad:
anyway we used it to lift hair from
6/3 to about an 8.Was really succesfull.very clean result was able to use
tint of 9/1 as root wasnt coloured and got a lovely neutral 8.

2. Tried it on a user of semi level 2 and natural base 4
Didnt do much. still went on to lift with bleach and achieved white blonde in the end with no adverse effects from using blondi rae.

3 client with loreal contrast rouge, didnt lift but lifted all crazy colour majenta and fire red back to orangy blonde, from mid length and end.

4. client with tint base 5 got to a warm 6/3 but felt it wasn't light enough as target was 8/7. We then went to tint root and client had a reaction.scalp was stingy and sore so washed off straight away.used morrocan oil reconstructurant protein treatment. she came back the Thursday after and completed the lift with slices of bleach and pastel and 8/7 6% to root. great result.

hope this is of some help :D

Great, we're going to do it on my hair again next week to try again. I think it still feels a little unpredictable, so we need to keep trying!

I use affinage eraser and find it works really well. Haven't tried Blondie Rae myself so can't compare.

Perry Althair mentioned in a previous thread that it's best to do a short mild bleach bath on black box dyed hair (or other XXL product) first just to open the cuticles and help the process along but I haven't tried this myself yet.

Tried blondi Rae today, I was really pleased with the results
First pic is before was heavily dyed with box dyes, second pic after blondi Rae and 3rd and 4th pics after highlighting and colouring x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750401.750375.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750401.750375.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 143
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750453.146757.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750453.146757.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 149
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750503.488294.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750503.488294.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 155
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750545.287605.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350750545.287605.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 147
First pic is before was heavily dyed with box dyes, second pic after blondi Rae and 3rd and 4th pics after highlighting and colouring x

That is a gorgeous colour :) x

Beautiful I'm so amazed at how even this turns out, think I will need to invest

Thanks I was really pleased, I did bleach with 20 vol fine weaves then 8.035 with 20 vol over rest she loved it too x

That's a great result, I'm waiting for our sample to arrive but hope we get such good results with it !

Latest posts

Back