First ever Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
Ok, my first ever attempt at Brisa. I'm really naffed off but then I never can accept when I struggle to do something :rolleyes: I forgot to cap the free edge in white but did do it with the Brisa Gloss. My white gel is very thick compared to the quite runny clear and pink so I struggled to keep it thin and even hence the shadows. My nails are not sore, I think it must be how I'm holding the paperweight. Got a shock when I saw the picture but have checked and they are fine. They are hippy, I think, but if I am honest I am used to pinching, not that my nails are usually hippy when I do them, just something I need to get used to not doing.

They are on natural tips.

I love Brisa!!

:hug::hug:

Attachments

• Brisa 026_resize.jpg
    Brisa 026_resize.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Brisa 028_resize.jpg
    Brisa 028_resize.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Love them min. I can't rate really as I'm just not experienced enough but I think they look well balanced and far better than some sets I have seen on some friends. I love the shape of the free edge and your smiles are a lovely shap and crisp too.

Wish I could do them like this. Well done, I bet you're really chuffed with yourself :)

Thanks Gilly! I am feeling a bit better since going up to the bus stop to collect Noah and one of the Mums who is a friend commented on them right away and loved them. The thumb has shadows on the white where it was uneven but she couldn't see it.

She's now racking her brains to think of friends of hers who would have theirs done, she isn't a nail person herself sadly........

:hug:

Thanks Gilly! I am feeling a bit better since going up to the bus stop to collect Noah and one of the Mums who is a friend commented on them right away and loved them. The thumb has shadows on the white where it was uneven but she couldn't see it.

She's now racking her brains to think of friends of hers who would have theirs done, she isn't a nail person herself sadly........

:hug:

This is why I love having a full set of something good myself. I don't think there's any better advertisement, do you?

I think we are the worst critics ever of our own work though aren't we?

Maybe you could convert her.. you never know :hug:

Lovely nails Min xx

Don't take this the wrong way Min, but I haven't ever (or can't remember) seen any of your nails before. So all I have judged my opinion on is reading your blogs, you always beat yourself up that you aren't good enough and have had a bad day etc, so when I saw that this was your first ever set of Brisa (having been there myself) I wasn't expecting the 'best' set of nails IYKWIM...........

BUT they are great

You have some gorgeous smiles going on, consistency is good, the form,shape and apex's are all great. Zone 3 looks smooth and flush and the thickness of the nail is fab.

Way to go Min, you should be feeling VERY proud of these, they are an amazing first set :hug: xxxx

Don't take this the wrong way Min, but I haven't ever (or can't remember) seen any of your nails before. So all I have judged my opinion on is reading your blogs, you always beat yourself up that you aren't good enough and have had a bad day etc, so when I saw that this was your first ever set of Brisa (having been there myself) I wasn't expecting the 'best' set of nails IYKWIM...........

BUT they are great

You have some gorgeous smiles going on, consistency is good, the form,shape and apex's are all great. Zone 3 looks smooth and flush and the thickness of the nail is fab.

Way to go Min, you should be feeling VERY proud of these, they are an amazing first set :hug: xxxx
Can't add to that really and I echo everything Rachel's said :D

Well done Min, you should be proud of yourself.
Now get yourself out there and kickazz locally with your nails :hug:

Min they do look lovely, well done!

Have you done your "wrong" hand yet? I did one nail on my left hand when I was playing about and coped well with it. Last night I did my right hand. Oh, not happy at all! I found it so much more difficult with the gel than L+P. What have you found?

Marion xx

I think they are really good xxxx

These look fab, well done :)

Sue x

I think you have done a great job...there not to thin...not too thick...nice shape...and good apex placement...well done xx

Min they do look lovely, well done!

Have you done your "wrong" hand yet? I did one nail on my left hand when I was playing about and coped well with it. Last night I did my right hand. Oh, not happy at all! I found it so much more difficult with the gel than L+P. What have you found?

Marion xx

I have done my wrong hand but I'm afraid I used the paint on white for that, cheating really but at least I got a feel for how that goes on. :hug:

Thanks every one, thanks very much :hug:

Hey Min!
Looking good girl - looking good!:hug:

I've not done anyhting much about my brisa yet, but I can be sure they will not be anything like these - they look gorgeous!
Fabbo smiles and very nice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Way to go Min, these look fantastic, those clients are going to be hammering down your door. :hug:

Thanks Bev and francesXXX :hug:

Also every one else :hug:

Well I think these look fab, but I do beat myself up, so I get that lol.

Your smiles are gorgeous, the length is perfect, if you want to get rid of where the white gel did shrink a little from the free edge, just FILE IT OFF with your 240 grit ;)

You did a great job, no need to beat yourself. I would let you do MY nails ;)

Gosh Min :eek: I don't know what i expected but it certainly wasn't those :!:

The first thing i noticed was the colouring in zone 2 (so i went back and read,rather than just looked :o)

You have done your self very proud,as with us all,you will always strive for perfection,but i think you need to get out there,charge PROPER prices,all the while knowing you are GREAT at what you do.

No more doubting yourself missus ........... ok ?????

:hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have done my wrong hand but I'm afraid I used the paint on white for that, cheating really but at least I got a feel for how that goes on. :hug:

Thanks every one, thanks very much :hug:

What everyone else has said:green:

I don't think POW is cheating at all. You still have to get lovely crisp lines, which you have. Really nice hun, well done.:hug:

What everyone else has said:green:

I don't think POW is cheating at all. You still have to get lovely crisp lines, which you have. Really nice hun, well done.:hug:

Thanks :) I didn't take a picture of the wrong hand as I did the other one first and took the picture during a break. x

Hey, I'm just back from being waxed in a salon, and the therapist loved my "wrong hand" Brisa nails. Maybe they aren't as bad as I think! We are always our own worst critics aren't we? xx

Latest posts

Back