First nail biter and I could cry :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Nails

Reaction score
Well the title says it all. I've just done my first nail biter and just need to get it off my chest before I pick myself up.
As well as being a nibbler she has a damaged nail from a long time ago when she caught it in a bicycle wheel. It doesn't grow properly and is very thick.
To top it off and im not making excuses her little boy wanted attention.
So here goes before and after
Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326123756.910425.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326123782.641295.jpg

wow thats an amazing improvement :)

Well done you! I bet she was delighted with them, child in the room though, poor you ;) x

They look Fantastic!! I've only really ever had one bad bad biter and it took me soooooo long to do!! some improvement but. well done! x

Awww :hug: thanks geeks I wanted them to look sleek and natural and it just didn't happen
Vicki xx

Apart from being a little bit long for a nail biter, I don't see anything wrong with these.
Ok, you want to get picky, a couple of your smile lines are a tiny bit wobbly.
But honestly hun, well done:hug: Nail biters are so hard to do, and we never ever get the perfect look with them.
So stop picking at the flaws and start looking at the work you did!!
These nails are nothing to be shy about.
Just remember, with a nail biter it's best to have them back every week for a tidy up. Once they stop eating them, they grow like wild fire :biggrin:

Well done :)
Can you let me know how they go on her as when ever I have out tips on a nail bitter like those they loose them with in days and then can't help but bite the remainder off!
I don't give bad nails biters tips now I make them have manicures with an overlay to grow them as they always loose them???

Can you let me know how they go on her as when ever I have out tips on a nail bitter like those they loose them with in days and then can't help but bite the remainder off!
I don't give bad nails biters tips now I make them have manicures with an overlay to grow them as they always loose them???

I will. I've done sculpts on her. There is no way a tip would go on her 'strange' nail :)
Vicki xx

I will. I've done sculpts on her. There is no way a tip would go on her 'strange' nail :)
Vicki xx

Arrrr this maybe why I looked for more posts after seeing yours and it seems sculpting is the way to gain length with biters not tips..... I'd still like to know how they go :)

I I were your client I would be very pleased with the result!! Nice work! Soooo much more attractive!!

Thanks for all your lovely replies.

The old saying Rome wasn't built in a day has never been so true :) but wish I could!!

Vicki xx

well done! :) xx

wow! they look so good!

You have done great.. Thy are a massive improvement!! I would have had a meltdown, havent been faced with such a challenge yet lol

good for you . i bet she was delighted with them.

Well done - i would have needed a large G&T after coping with those. Their poor fingers must get soo sore. If I were her I should be very very pleased.

I have done my 1st serious nail biter this morn.... dear lord lol. Will post pics soon xx

They lasted about a week and half. I was talking to her a few days after doing them and they were being nibbled then.

I did a set of bitten nails last week. They were not my best. I couldnt get the sides straight because her side walls were sore, so I just couldnt get the file in whilst trying to hold her fingers & not cause pain. I probably shouldnt have done them but I do like a challenge... Her thumbs came off the same night (Arrrrghhh) and I returned to do them the next day... So far so good & they are still on.
Think another time I would not use a form & would just use silk to extend her nails. Sculpting with a form was too awkward..

I think youve done a beautiful job & you should be proud of these. They are definately better than what I did . :)

Just another 'wow, well done' from me. You were really under the pump, what with terrible nails and a little one carrying on, you have done wonderfully well. And yes, definitely sculpts as there is nowhere for a tip to go. I may have elongated her nail beds, to make her nails look slimmer, but then who am I to give advice. I haven't been doing nails for all that long, but do love the elongated look.:D

Latest posts

Back