First paying spray tan this morning.....aargh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Morning everyone

I am so excited, and quite nervous too, as I have my first 'proper' spray tan client this morning! I did my training back in July, and since then have done a couple of friends and some family, but this is the first 'stranger'.

I did a promotion with some flyers at a party and this is my first enquiry! Whhoppee! I was so excited when she booked the other day, but as the time is getting closer, it's a little daunting and those butterflies are about!

I did hubby last night to refresh myself and have everything ready...just waiting til 11.00 now!

Wish me luck - may it be the first of many!!

Nervous hugs

Good luck this morning, I am sure you will be fine. Remember your training and pretend it is someone you know. Once you start spraying you will forget who you have got in your booth as you will be concentrating on getting the spray right. Keep the professional image up and don't let your client know you are nervous. May it be the first of many.

Good Luck Jackie

I'm sure it will be fine and that many more tans will come your way. Once people have that first tan they get hooked on the colour, especially when it's c**p weather outside!!

Lou x

well I always take the attitude that they don't know I hadn't been doing it for years. Just act confident and she'll have confidence in you. I used to have sweat dripping off me when I first did it due to over concentrating!! Now I do them virtualy without thinking and have a good old natter with my client. It used to take me 30 mins to do a full body and now it takes about 10.

Well i guess it's all over now in more ways than one!!

Hope it went ok hun xx

Good Luck ...hope its the first of manyxx

julesx

Hi hope it was all good im sure ya wil be fine hun xx

I'm back - phew! Thank you so much for all your comments and encouragement - I read them just before my client arrived. It went well, I just about remembered everything and it went on OK - except at one point on the front there was too much (think I got too close) so I dabbed it off and went over it lightly. Seemed OK afterwards.

Hopefully it will be OK - will phone tomorrow as a courtesy call to check all OK, colour etc.

Only thing I forgot and remembered after she had gone was to check her palms were clear of tan. Mind you, we were so busy chatting I'm relieved this is all I forgot!!

Must have liked me I guess, as she has booked in for two luxury manis - one in November and one in December. We did seem to chat without a problem which was good.

I can go and make myself a well earned cup of tea now and breathe again!!!

Thanks again guys - you are great!:hug:

Thats great .... so hopefully ya wont have so mant nerves next time ... and repeat custom to. well done to u xx

I want to learn spray tanning soon and have just contacted 'spray 2 go'. So touch wood I'll be in the same position as you soon and trying it out on a paying customer(and giving them a spray tan to!):o .

The next one you do will be a walk in the park. Well done.

When I first started to do spary tans I didnt do it any cheaper than the norm for my area as I thought that if I did, this would just make them think that I hadnt been doing this long and might cock it up, so went in at the full price straight away and had no problems at all.....as Sassy Hassy has said they have no idea how long you have been doing it and if you act confident then they wont realise, if they do ask you then just say ''quite a while'' this can cover any length of time and they are none the wiser.
Glad to hear it all went well.

This made me smile!!!:)

I have just had the same nerves!!!! Did my training on the 9th of this month and had my first paying customer on the 19th!!!! I had only done one practise tan since my training so so say I was a little worried was an understatement!!!:eek: Well an hour after I had done the lady she phoned to see if I could fit her daughter in!!!:lol: :lol: So it must have been ok!!!

Pleased to hear your 1st attempt went ok too :hug: xxxx

Well done you - that first one is always a little scary. Now you've done that one get out and spray everyone ;) you'll soon be doing it without even thinking bout being nervous. Congrats hun. xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back