First set of acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty14

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

I did my first set of acrylics tonight after my first two days of training (still 2 to go) but omg what a mess they were, the White tips were massive, and I had to file each nail for so long as they were all really thick I know it's only my first set but I'm quite disappointed and I just can't seem to get the mix ratio right, it's either to dry or to wet .... Arrggh x

Hi, design a sheet with different size circles on and laminate it, you can then use the card to practice your mix ratio until you get a perfect medium wet mix.
Hope this helps

Got that teeshirt! lol well apart from tips I learned scultpting first, have they not given you the mixed ratio card? My tutor Izzidoll (on geek) made me file with a 240 grit, man I learned quick to not put so much product on lol Dont be too disheartend only your first go! I had 12 days with CND thought I'd never get them nice and thin, but it will happen chin up :Love:xx

I have a website what will help you on your ratios x I will pm you it

Could you PM me that too please? :smack:

And me please x

Ooohhh, could i have 1 too please? :) xx

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I would like that website too plz:biggrin:

Me too please :) xx

any chance i could have that as well? thanks in advance

Ooh could I as well please :)

And me too ....

Hi!

Im not too sure where to post on this site as im new.

I would like to learn how to do acrylic nails and i am looking at different ways i can train. What do people think on theses distance learning courses? i am looking at one with Essential Nails as i need something i can fit around my current job. Im just a bit wary as am unsure whether it will be a recognised qualification.

I want to be able to get insurance and dont want to waste money if there are other options available that are more worth while!

I have also looked at the intense 4 day courses?

I would like to hear your view on each please!!

Thanks!!

Hey geeks!

I did my first set of acrylics tonight after my first two days of training (still 2 to go) but omg what a mess they were, the White tips were massive, and I had to file each nail for so long as they were all really thick I know it's only my first set but I'm quite disappointed and I just can't seem to get the mix ratio right, it's either to dry or to wet .... Arrggh x

i assume you have done an intense 4 day course? how are you finding it and who did you go with!

i assume you have done an intense 4 day course? how are you finding it and who did you go with!

Hiya

Yes the course is four days but it's split up over a few weeks, I did day 1 and 2 on mon/tues this week and then i do day 3 on the 7th march and then day 4 on the 21st.

We learnt about the nail and products and how to manicure on day 1 then we did the actual acrylics on day 2 and they have sent us away to practice then we will go back on day 3 and we will then learn infills and rebalancing.

I would recommend doing a course as the acrylic in my opinion is quite hard to master (i thought it would be a doddle) I started a essential nail course in gel a few years ago and comparing it to the learning you get doing a course and home learning it is very different. However I did order the manicure & pedicure course from essential nails and i am doing that now and its fairly easy and i would recommend that but anything more technical i wouldnt recommend it xx

Hey geeks!

Hey don't be to hard on yourself, you were great!
The tutorial sections on here are great, you know where I am if you need me. The more you do the better you'll get. Go back and do that mix ratio practises I showed you :) xx

Hiya

Yes the course is four days but it's split up over a few weeks, I did day 1 and 2 on mon/tues this week and then i do day 3 on the 7th march and then day 4 on the 21st.

We learnt about the nail and products and how to manicure on day 1 then we did the actual acrylics on day 2 and they have sent us away to practice then we will go back on day 3 and we will then learn infills and rebalancing.

I would recommend doing a course as the acrylic in my opinion is quite hard to master (i thought it would be a doddle) I started a essential nail course in gel a few years ago and comparing it to the learning you get doing a course and home learning it is very different. However I did order the manicure & pedicure course from essential nails and i am doing that now and its fairly easy and i would recommend that but anything more technical i wouldnt recommend it xx

Thanks Kirsty thats really helpful! You have just confirmed what i was wary of with the EN acrylic course (at home with no help or anyone to actually ask for help!) i think i will look around for one of the 4 day courses. Who have you done yours with and around how much are they if you dont mind me asking? XX Oh and im sure your nails were great, i dread to think what my first attempt are going to be like!

I have a website what will help you on your ratios x I will pm you it

Hello, You wouldnt be so kind to do the same for me would you please? x:Love:

Hi jeniferz,

Im doing my course with the nail & beauty academy in Aberdeen the brand they use is entity, I really like the stuff ( but I have no comparison right enough) but I think if u contact the beauty partnership ( just google it) they may be able to tell u where the nearest training is to you .. The course was about £500 ish xx

Latest posts

Back